Advertisement

Author Topic: How do you know if you're in a toxic relationship?  (Read 8537 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
How do you know if you're in a toxic relationship?
« on: March 26, 2019, 03:16:01 PM »
What are the signs?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: How do you know if you're in a toxic relationship?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:41:17 PM »
1. When you become obsessed with finding out what's in the other person's phone.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Peachy Fish

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:31 AM »
2. When you or the other person is verbally and/or physically abusive.

Like this post: +1

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »

I’d add “emotionally” to that list as well.  O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »
1. When you become obsessed with finding out what's in the other person's phone.
Wouldn't that make you the toxic one? or is it because the other person gives you reason to wan to find out?

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »
I’d add “emotionally” to that list as well.  O0
Would it be emotional abuse if you see your love talk nice to and smile at another person and it makes you jealous? or is that on you?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 05:23:42 PM »
Wouldn't that make you the toxic one? or is it because the other person gives you reason to wan to find out?

Would it be emotional abuse if you see your love talk nice to and smile at another person and it makes you jealous? or is that on you?

This is no different than the other thread asking women for their input because you "don't know"...but when they take the time to reply, you questioned their replies...

Those two members give their input and then you question their input like a know it all...Why bother asking the question if you know so much that you even questioned those that took the the time to answer your question??  :idiot2:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
Nope. It's the whole relationship if it's toxic. Can't be just one person. Then there isn't a relationship.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »
when they think there right all the time  8)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »
You don't know unless someone tells you.  You don't know if it's ankle deep, knee deep, or even waist deep until you're up to neck deep.

When it's you in the relationship, it's very difficult to be observant of yourself.

When it's come to be obvious...it's been that bad for such a long time.

Some people don't put up with anything, zero tolerance.  Some people have lots of patience or tolerance.  Some people are always short fused, blowing up over nothing.  Other's don't do anything until you light a fire under their butts.  Then again sometimes that's useless because they only react and not the right way.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 05:47:17 AM »
Depends on the relationships.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
This is no different than the other thread asking women for their input because you "don't know"...but when they take the time to reply, you questioned their replies...

Those two members give their input and then you question their input like a know it all...Why bother asking the question if you know so much that you even questioned those that took the the time to answer your question??  :idiot2:
uh.. asking for clarity is key in understanding one's statements and beliefs.  I'll take your response here to mean you either never ask for clarity or further details or you're just making the statement out of spite and you would from time to time ask questions to gain a deeper discussion about the topics.   I have a feeling the second reason is the most likely reason you're replying this way to my line of questioning.  I bet anyone who reads the thread would agree with my opinion on the matter as well (except you, ofcourse, because agreeing would mean admitting guilt and based on your post history, that's pretty difficult for you to do).

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »

Intent also comes into play.  If he is normally that way with others, then I would have no issue with it.  Now if you’re referring to him treating women that way and not me, then I would discuss it with him.  If his unfair treatment continues, then I always have the option of walking out the door.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
Intent also comes into play.  If he is normally that way with others, then I would have no issue with it.  Now if you’re referring to him treating women that way and not me, then I would discuss it with him.  If his unfair treatment continues, then I always have the option of walking out the door.   ;D
This makes me remember, back when I was young, I had a black friend.  He dated this one white girl and I thought they were good together. She'd talk nice and smile at all of us and it was okay because we were friends and he knew he could trust me and my brothers.  We were family.  One day, we were in line at the cashier in a small convenience store and this Mexican guy walked up behind his girlfriend, who was behind me, and said "Hi" to her and she gave him a smile back and said "hi".  My buddy just walked straight out of the store.  She dropped all her things and walked out after him.  I sensed something was wrong and quickly paid for my items and walked out after them to see what was going on.  He started walking down the street and she was following him saying "What's wrong? Tyson! What's wrong?" and I followed.  He stopped, she caught up, he turned around and just punched her really hard in the chest.  I was shocked.   This was all because she smiled at the other guy and said hi back.  They eventually broke up after that because he was so jealous of her.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
What are the signs?
if you really had to ask, then you already are.

only in bed though.......d raw your conclusion from there.

Advertisements