Advertisement

Author Topic: Talk about full circle  (Read 1268 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Talk about full circle
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:42:50 AM »
Once the smallest baby born in Texas, she works as a Nurse in NICU of hospital that saved her life now

TEMPLE, Texas — When Tammy Lewis was born, she was 3 1/2 months early and weighed in at only 1 pound 4 ounces. Her family faced the harsh reality their newborn's survival rate was 5-10%.

But Lewis beat the odds and now, 34 years later, she works in the same NICU that saved her life.

"I was the smallest surviving baby in the state of Texas, at the time," Lewis said. "I was born at 24 weeks. Normal gestation is 40 weeks."

Years later, she works alongside some of the same doctors and nurses who treated her as an infant.

"I wanted to be able to give back to the patients and families in the same situation that I was in," said Lewis.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about full circle
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »
Born that small and young and not suffer major brain damage.  That's a miracle, alright.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »
I would considered myself a miracle baby too.  I was a very small baby from what my mother told me.  She said I was so tiny she could hold me in one hand and didn't know how to bathe or feed me.  My mouth was so tiny..

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 01:45:35 AM »
When I was born, I didn't even had a head... >:D

It's a miracle I even grew one.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »
When I was born, I didn't even had a head... >:D

It's a miracle I even grew one.
yeah, I read about cases like that when I was younger.  People thought the babies were girls and gave them girl names but later on, the head popped out along with the shaft and now they're boys with girl names.  Google it if you wanna read the details.   There was a term for it: Guevedoces.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 02:23:46 PM »
yeah, I read about cases like that when I was younger.  People thought the babies were girls and gave them girl names but later on, the head popped out along with the shaft and now they're boys with girl names.  Google it if you wanna read the details.   There was a term for it: Guevedoces.

LOL...dang...I think of Disney's bambi...What's your name?  Flower. 

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements