Advertisement

Author Topic: Same-sex friends are necessary in any spouse's life  (Read 312 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +422
    • View Profile
Same-sex friends are necessary in any spouse's life
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:26:38 PM »
In any marriage, the husband and wife can't possibly be doing together all the things that interest one or the other. For example, the husband won't be doing curls and dying hair with the wife. Meanwhile, the wife can't possibly be polishing fishing poles or do fly-tying with the husband.

How do we get things going that won't make life so boring then?

Men do things with their men friends. Women do things with their women friends.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +787
    • View Profile
Re: Same-sex friends are necessary in any spouse's life
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:39:59 AM »
In any marriage, the husband and wife can't possibly be doing together all the things that interest one or the other. For example, the husband won't be doing curls and dying hair with the wife. Meanwhile, the wife can't possibly be polishing fishing poles or do fly-tying with the husband.

How do we get things going that won't make life so boring then?

Men do things with their men friends. Women do things with their women friends.

My wife and I both still have friends that we hang out with from time to time. Besides "same-sex" friends, we also have friends of the opposite sex that we hang out with from time to time too. We have not encountered any issues with how things are going. We do make sure we take care of our family priority first though such as taking care of our child, and then if time permits, we hang out with our friends.

Offline ladylily

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 10:29:10 AM »
It's good to have a Girl's Night out once in awhile to keep your sanity and gossip about the husbands. :)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
It's good to have a Girl's Night out once in awhile to keep your sanity and gossip about the husbands. :)
Plus this is the opportunity for the divorced lady to tell the wife how being single is awesome and how she should leave him for the singles life. LOL.  ;D

Offline ladylily

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:05:30 AM »
Plus this is the opportunity for the divorced lady to tell the wife how being single is awesome and how she should leave him for the singles life. LOL.  ;D

It's also an opportunity for the married ladies to brag about how awesome their husbands are with helping them around the house and spending quality time with the kids too.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +787
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 12:59:28 AM »
Whether I hang out with my male and/or female friends, we hardly talk much about our spouse unless that's the purpose of our get together i.e., surprise celebrations for the spouse, spouse's health, etc.

I'm sure when my wife hangs out with her female and/or male friends, they don't talk much about me either unless she's planning something special for me and ask him/her/them for suggestions/ideas...

And when we get home, we don't talk much about the time we spent with our friends unless they have something important that's worth sharing. Once we're home, the focus is back to our family again.

So yes, it's good and healthy to spend time with good friends from time to time after the priorities are taken care of in our case.  O0

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 08:15:40 AM »
It's also an opportunity for the married ladies to brag about how awesome their husbands are with helping them around the house and spending quality time with the kids too.
:2funny: :2funny:  I don't think most wives can say that and really mean it.  ;D ;D

Offline ladylily

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 11:42:06 AM »
:2funny: :2funny:  I don't think most wives can say that and really mean it.  ;D ;D

They are either too nice or need to get out the whip. And I mean that in a nice way.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +90
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »
Agree...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements