Advertisement

Author Topic: Game of Thrones: Season 8  (Read 5532 times)

ladylily

Game of Thrones: Season 8
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
Do anyone here agree that HBO rushed the end of GOT into season 7 and season 8? It took six seasons for Daenarys to build her army and only two seasons to claim the throne. It doesn't seem just.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones: Season 8
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:25:15 PM »
SPOILERS ALERT AT BOTTOM

after what everything cersei has done thats the kind of death she gets... WEAK!!!

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:07 AM »
they werent too happy when the script got leak a couple of years so i think the script got rewritten for season 8 thats why it took them 2 years to finish it

I guess im one of the very few people whos not mad that dany is the mad queen, with the loss of her 2 best friend, her finding out jon snow is the nephew and not the lover, cersei not showing mercy, jon snow not keeping the secret a secret  so its going to drive her mad

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »
MY 2 RANTS

WTF WAS THE POINT OF JON SNOW BE A TARGARYEN, IT WENT NO WHERE WITH IT IN THE END SHOULD OF JUST KEPT IT AS NED STARK BASTARD SON

WAT WAS THE POINT OF HAVING ARYA IN THE LAST 2 EPISODES WHEN SHE DID JACK CRAP SHE SHOULD OF JUST STAY IN WINTERFELL LIKE HER SISTER

not the best strong ending but all good things must come to a end

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
You guys!!!  You ruined it for me!!!  I haven't watched season 8 because I hate waiting for the next episodes... so I was just going to wait to binge watch the whole thing in one go!

Anyway, so you say that Dany was made into a mad queen... in that case, I agree with you, Asharia... Dany was portrayed to be a strong bad-ass, yet, at the same time she was shown to have mercy and a sense of justice for the innocent (she gave many their freedom!).  For her to incinerate thousands of innocent people seems unlike her nature... the only explanations for her turning mad may be because 1) she can't have Jon Snow as her lover as azn-guy already stated (that can drive some people crazy--to not be able to have someone they want to have as a lover!), and 2) the fact that although she was a tough and a bad-ass queen... she was really a vulnerable person who needed a lot of strategic and political guidance from others (she didn't always rely on her own instincts as far as her political strategies went)... so, it makes sense, a little, that she is human after all and after everything that she went through... she became mad.  But, it still sucks... wish she could have remained a strong bad-ass who could easily overcome anything and sit on the throne as a just and awesome queen...  I'm sad to hear that she died!  But I know I'll still enjoy season 8 when I find time to binge it!   ;D

I disagree with that assessment. Sure, Dany has been through a lot but not enough to justify the massacre of King's Landing and incinerating thousands of innocent people. You know who else has gone through a lot of bad stuff Almost everyone else! Take, for example, Sansa. She was basically taken hostage and married off to someone she didn't want--just like Dany. Her family was murdered by her enemies--just like Dany. She was raped, beaten, tortured, betrayed, lied to--just like Dany. They both have gone through so much shit. But it still doesn't justify going mad. So the writers are making it about the bad blood of the Targaryens and how Dany is slowly slipping into madness.

I'm not mad that she's now the Mad Queen. I just think it's a disservice to the growth of her character and frankly, it's bad writing.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 12:52:35 PM »
GOT season 8 was weak!!!

-the night king and his arm, weak..he can raise the dead but gets kill by a needle
-Jon snow truly "knows nothing" in this season and is weak, all that character build up and didn't even get to fight the night king nor become a king.
-cersi had the best death, she died in the arms of her lover/brother...no pain with all the gain!
-an imp (midget) and a handicapped boy became two of the most powerful people of westoros.
-dany killed before even getting laid..what a waste!
-drogon an animal that is far more wiser than all the kings and queens combined, melts the throne of which was the cause of all the fighting.

everything was rushed...lames t ending...all these years of faithful following comes crashing down.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:20:53 AM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »
Ahhhh sorry about the spoilers, I did write a warning.  :D

But hopefully it won't spoil your enjoyment of the show. It's still worth watching.

No worries.   ;)  I'll still enjoy watching it.   O0  :D

Like this post: +1

Advertisements