Advertisement

Author Topic: Game of Thrones: Season 8  (Read 143 times)

Offline ladylily

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones: Season 8
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
Do anyone here agree that HBO rushed the end of GOT into season 7 and season 8? It took six seasons for Daenarys to build her army and only two seasons to claim the throne. It doesn't seem just.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones: Season 8
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:25:15 PM »
SPOILERS ALERT AT BOTTOM

after what everything cersei has done thats the kind of death she gets... WEAK!!!

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +257
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:11:07 PM »
SPOILERS ALERT AT BOTTOM

after what everything cersei has done thats the kind of death she gets... WEAK!!!

OMG YES I agree.

Also, excuse my rant but what the fucking hell does D&D think they're doing?? Making Dany a mad queen?? After having survived so much shit all her life?? After freeing slaves and treating the innocent and weak with compassion and mercy??? If I didn't know any better I'd say that they're doing this deliberately as a way of justifying her probable death in the last episode. I've seen this happen in books and movies all the time. When a character has been popular and beloved but for whatever reason the author wants to kill them off, they will criminalize them in some way to make the audience not feel guilty about their eventual removal or death. It. Happens. So. Much. In. Fiction. The author doesn't want to feel bad about getting rid of a character so they intentionally make them become a bad guy. It's a really shitty method of writing and a terrible way of turning a complex person into a one faceted villain.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:07 AM »
they werent too happy when the script got leak a couple of years so i think the script got rewritten for season 8 thats why it took them 2 years to finish it

I guess im one of the very few people whos not mad that dany is the mad queen, with the loss of her 2 best friend, her finding out jon snow is the nephew and not the lover, cersei not showing mercy, jon snow not keeping the secret a secret  so its going to drive her mad

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +257
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »
they werent too happy when the script got leak a couple of years so i think the script got rewritten for season 8 thats why it took them 2 years to finish it

I guess im one of the very few people whos not mad that dany is the mad queen, with the loss of her 2 best friend, her finding out jon snow is the nephew and not the lover, cersei not showing mercy, jon snow not keeping the secret a secret  so its going to drive her mad

I disagree with that assessment. Sure, Dany has been through a lot but not enough to justify the massacre of King's Landing and incinerating thousands of innocent people. You know who else has gone through a lot of bad stuff Almost everyone else! Take, for example, Sansa. She was basically taken hostage and married off to someone she didn't want--just like Dany. Her family was murdered by her enemies--just like Dany. She was raped, beaten, tortured, betrayed, lied to--just like Dany. They both have gone through so much shit. But it still doesn't justify going mad. So the writers are making it about the bad blood of the Targaryens and how Dany is slowly slipping into madness.

I'm not mad that she's now the Mad Queen. I just think it's a disservice to the growth of her character and frankly, it's bad writing.

Advertisements