Advertisement

Author Topic: my nephrew was telling me how they started mass shooting drill at school  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
funny, those pictures doesn't look like a school setting.  what's the title on your thread say?  school shooting not gas station robberies.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:23:48 AM by Mr_Mechanic »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

flint-rod

hmgrock, prove to us that there is a correlation between school shooters and poverty....

i'll give u two examples right here from my home state...

1. both columbine shooters were from middle income families...

2. james Holmes (movie theater shooter) came from an affluent family...

Like this post: 0

flint-rod

@ mr. mechanic... our local ph resident here is a very confused young man who is trying to tie all these different points into school shooting and believes that school shootings are the result of poverty... lol!

flint-rod

hmgrock, if you're trying to segway this topic into voting for andrew yang... i support him and his universal basic income... lol!

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
hmgrock, prove to us that there is a correlation between school shooters and poverty....

i'll give u two examples right here from my home state...

1. both columbine shooters were from middle income families...

2. james Holmes (movie theater shooter) came from an affluent family...

kekeke

the media only cover mass shooting at school
you haven't heard the other ones

this site does a good job at tracking them

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

17.5k  incident
4.6k death so far

O0 O0 O0

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
@ mr. mechanic... our local ph resident here is a very confused young man who is trying to tie all these different points into school shooting and believes that school shootings are the result of poverty... lol!
I believe so.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
like i say
JUST ALL TALKS

just stay inside your gated white community section of the city

don't let the sundown dread on you in the ghetto

flint-rod

like i say
JUST ALL TALKS

just stay inside your gated white community section of the city

don't let the sundown dread on you in the ghetto

bro... i grew up living in section 8... did u? i was handcuffed at the age of 15 because of mistaken identity... that's how ghetto the apartment complex i lived in was...

flint-rod

i worked myself out of the ghetto hmgrock...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
The assumption here is that all Teachers are good and none will break down and use their gun for unnecessary "self defense".  Keep in mind that police officers are highly trained on the use of weapons, yet you still get all these police shootings that make the news.  Now you're handing out guns to teachers, what do you think will happen?
don't mistake that just because legislature approve teachers to armed doesn't mean every teacher gets in line and receives a firearm.  It allows for those who are willing..a volunteer program, which will include intensive training and psychological evaluation.  arming teachers will reduce the possibility of further attacks.  there have been instances but it is rare that you will see a perp shoot up a police station or places where there are armed security or citizens.  Even now after the UNC shooting, alumni says campus gun free zones must be abolished. 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
i own alot of guns
probably have the most gun among our PHer

and let me 100% honest

even if the teacher are armed, the shooter will get at least one person
because he has to shoot first, for the teacher to react

one death is already too many death
you're right one death is already too many but would you rather have two or more?  you own guns, you admit to it...you know the standard capacity of an AR15 is 30 rounds...so you would rather he finish his magazine, reloads again before anyone, not just anyone but police,  can take action?  arming teacher is a wise choice, unless we operate our school system like a jail system.     

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
you're right one death is already too many but would you rather have two or more?  you own guns, you admit to it...you know the standard capacity of an AR15 is 30 rounds...so you would rather he finish his magazine, reloads again before anyone, not just anyone but police,  can take action?  arming teacher is a wise choice, unless we operate our school system like a jail system.     

I rather have zero death
We need to stop it before it even happens

Japan gun violence is almost nonexistent
They have super tight rules and laws

Ar15 vs handgun

The ar15 will always win
Just look at the Las Vegas shooter
Mowing down those people like animals

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
I rather have zero death

Ar15 vs handgun

The ar15 will always win
ok, get rid of your guns then.....one less guy with  guns.  bet you won't!!!

flint-rod

I rather have zero death

Ar15 vs handgun

The ar15 will always win

zero death is impossible... japan has an incredibly high suicide rate which is from mental illness...  your point is...?

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
When NRA's chief LaPere went to Congress and said the best way to prevent a bad guy with a gun from killing people was a "good guy with a gun", people put him down and even protested heavily against his organization.

Over the years, many took his advice because they've seen on youtube and Facebook that, indeed, good guys with guns have rescued mass killings in many places, at times even held back incidents of one-person killings. A psychologist has been able to take down a bad guy with a gun at his clinic. Some CC holders have been able to prevent more school shootings by taking down the respective perpetrators. Store patrons have averted robbers in various places around the country.

Florida's new legislation follows that.

But, like any other power, "some people want it for good, while others want it for evil."

Big question is: what if those Florida teachers turn psychotic and start taking students in their classes for notoriety and the like?
we have to have faith in our teachers, as our kids spend 50% of their day at school.  school is supposed to be a safe zone but it isn't what it used to be.   preparation is our best resource as we don't know when sh!t might happen, that is why we have specific drills (fire, active shooter and storms) nowadays.  the teachers are expected to be the first line of defense.  they can't do that if we don't allow them to be prepared.  the volunteered teachers will need to complete annual training (suggested 140 to 200 hours), which also include psychological evaluation. 

an example of faith and using Flint-Rod, since he's a teacher...i can 99.9% put my faith in him that he will not pistol my kid and/or any other kid, whether they misbehave or not.  this express faith is automatic and if you don't have that...then home school your own kids.  i can also 99.9% assure that if a perp should break into his class room with a gun, he will not hesitate to use his body as shield to protect his students...but why should we limit him? when we can armed him to have an equal fighting chance, his life is just as important!

Advertisements