Advertisement

Author Topic: PH Veterans!  (Read 2701 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
PH Veterans!
« on: May 10, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »
I don't know how many veterans will be reading this... but I just wanted to say that...  I miss everybody! 

I know how busy life is!  We're all a little older now and everyone is going about their lives! Well, ME TOO!!!  BUT, I miss the good old days.  I LOVED the exchanges... everyone had their own sense of humor... everyone had something different to say and to teach...  I was always learning and feeling intrigued by what we were each saying.  But more importantly, I was always stimulated and LAUGHING when I was on PH!  FUN TIMES! 

My Hmong brothers and sisters (and Laotian and Vietnamese friends), I just want to say that I appreciate you all and all that you have shared on here!

If it's not too much to ask, come back and share what you've been up to.  What you've learned about life.  What you think about life now.  Etc.  :)

I HOPE you all have been well and are doing great!

Your friend,
Lilly

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: PH Veterans!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 07:44:27 PM »
I don't know how many veterans will be reading this... but I just wanted to say that...  I miss everybody! 

I know how busy life is!  We're all a little older now and everyone is going about their lives! Well, ME TOO!!!  BUT, I miss the good old days.  I LOVED the exchanges... everyone had their own sense of humor... everyone had something different to say and to teach...  I was always learning and feeling intrigued by what we were each saying.  But more importantly, I was always stimulated and LAUGHING when I was on PH!  FUN TIMES! 

My Hmong brothers and sisters (and Laotian and Vietnamese friends), I just want to say that I appreciate you all and all that you have shared on here!

If it's not too much to ask, come back and share what you've been up to.  What you've learned about life.  What you think about life now.  Etc.  :)

Your friend,
Lilly
I've been MIA for a very long time. Glad to see some old names that I have not converse in awhile. When I came back. Everythings changed. A lot of new names. And the feelings I once had in here have since been long gone. I miss everyone from the ole dayz. We all had fun in here. It was one of the highlights durning my break and logging on and reading everyones post/ threads. And conversing with everyone here.
There was this one person who I really miss chatting with. I doubt that person is even still around.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:46:51 PM by saki saki »

Like this post: 0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 11:51:16 PM »
SOLACE is a doctor now.

So are a few others like that other name that I just can't write or pronounce from Cal.

Your friend,
Lilly

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 08:39:31 PM »
I still see some old names that I recognized. But it's been so long since I had a good conversation with them. It's hard to even begin.
Everyones hobby changed. I no longer fish like I once did. And have branched off so far I'm out of the loop.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »
back then, people were passionate with their comments, nowadays, every body is just a troll...ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
Yes, back then people were passionate with their comments.  It's why I miss the good old days.   :'(

Offline WildRedLotus

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »
The past... what can I say, it was unforgettable.  ;)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »
You really don't want to to hear me preach but I'll try my best to bring closure to some people including myself.

It comes in waves.  It was the highlight of some people's days but as we aged to perfection, we will learn that changes are good for the self.  If you still dwell here, you have your own crusade to carry. 

I stopped eating rice on the daily and changes my diet and i lost 7 lbs.  This just to show that changes will come if you make sacrifices and welcome these changes.  I now only look at this pH whatyoumacalli t when I even think about pH but with life goals, I am unable to entertain this place like I used to.  I have to say that life is moving along well for me for making these changes.  There is nothing for me to battle here and voices on here are left unheard so why even bother? 

My final thought on this.  Cone to pH when you can but never come because you have to. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 04:53:19 PM »
Just thinking about the PHers who gave me a sense of home and a safe place for friendships to form because they have good hearts and open minds. The late nights on tinychat talking about nothing in particular. The singing, the webcam shows, deep conversations without judgment or fear. They seem like insignificant things now but at the time they were a great source of comfort and enjoyment for me. Even though I didn't know most of these people in person there was still a sense of friendship and respect that went beyond the boundaries of internet static, and I am thankful to this day that I met these people whether in person or only online. The connections, however tenuous they may have seemed, filled a void that I wasn't aware I had. And honestly these experiences helped shape me into the person I am today for better or for worse. I daresay that none of us are exactly as we were five years ago. But that's okay. These PHers and these experiences were what I needed at that exact time, and it's okay that we each have grown, some maybe closer and some farther away. Life is about pulling in and letting go, and in the end if the memories only bring smiles how can I regret any of it?

I get what you mean.   ;)  Bittersweet memories!

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »
You really don't want to to hear me preach but I'll try my best to bring closure to some people including myself.

It comes in waves.  It was the highlight of some people's days but as we aged to perfection, we will learn that changes are good for the self.  If you still dwell here, you have your own crusade to carry. 

I stopped eating rice on the daily and changes my diet and i lost 7 lbs.  This just to show that changes will come if you make sacrifices and welcome these changes.  I now only look at this pH whatyoumacalli t when I even think about pH but with life goals, I am unable to entertain this place like I used to.  I have to say that life is moving along well for me for making these changes.  There is nothing for me to battle here and voices on here are left unheard so why even bother? 

My final thought on this.  Cone to pH when you can but never come because you have to.

I get what you mean too, Duma!   O0

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »
 O0

Different 💩 same smell

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 07:14:16 PM »
Friends will come and go. Treasure the ones that’s near and dear.

Think of PH like a high school. It will always be a part of your past and all your friends moved on and so did you.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2021, 12:01:52 PM »
Pshhh! Silly OG’s them days are long gone.  The new PH is just full of cynics and crazies who think they will convince liberals of their backwards thinking with threats and insults.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2021, 04:01:29 AM »
No more drama queens  ;D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2021, 06:55:29 PM »
SOLACE is a doctor now.

So are a few others like that other name that I just can't write or pronounce from Cal.

Just to show how long it has been, some of our children are also doctors now. And I mean the kind who works in the medical field, not just those with a PhD in history or English.

Advertisements