Advertisement

Author Topic: 2nd marriage  (Read 6276 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd marriage
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
Do the groom still bow to the bride's side of the family if she's been married once? Asking for a friend.  :)

Depends on that bride's family...

I say that because I know a few families that didn't sell their daughter for a price even though it was their daughter's first marriage...Als o no "bow"...

I don't plan to sell my daughter for a price nor doing "kowtow" either ...especially here in America in 2019 because it's not relevant anymore..

Also depends on the bride and groom since they're both consenting adults...They can choose which ever way works for them...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »
YAX doesn't have very good opinion about these things.
;D hey, it was related to something I heard from a father regarding his daughter.  His exact quote was "A used car is hard to sell". ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
;D hey, it was related to something I heard from a father regarding his daughter.  His exact quote was "A used car is hard to sell". ;D
Still you should know better just because the father doesn't AND if a woman is a "used" something the same applies to a man.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 05:37:34 PM »
Still you should know better just because the father doesn't AND if a woman is a "used" something the same applies to a man.

Guess that it could apply to a "man" too. A female PH member just posted recently that she's only seeking a single never married man without any kids...so yeah...a man can be considered "used" too by some... ???

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
I'm a used truck... :2funny:

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
Depends how traditional the family is or what happened in the marriage etc.
My aunt took off from an abusive marriage. Her 2nd husband married her as if she was never married. So the kowtow, the whole marriage song, the average bride price of a new bride,  basket blanket carrying etc
Another family, very traditional, requested their new son in law do the whole new wedding process for their lawyer daughter, although she was the one to carry on multiple affairs on her first marriage. It was her title, education and saving face because of her reputible job title. His family was against it but it was his money, he did it anyways. Her bride price was high.
All really depends. Usually 2nd time around, they do a hush hish fast wedding process but the new age generation wants big announcements. If not with hmong wedding, then with meeka wedding for sure.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 02:38:09 AM »

It also depends on the model and make of the car. A used Toyota Tundra still sells better than a brand new Ford Pinto, no?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Advertisements