Advertisement

Author Topic: Bliatout Clan name?  (Read 3999 times)

hmongviking

Bliatout Clan name?
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »
Sorry, I'm not a Californian but, what Clan is Bobby Bliatout from? ???

When did his family change their clan name to Bliatout?  He got 6k votes out of 121K voters, running for California 22nd Congressional District.
Maybe if he changed his name back to his true clan name, he may have received more votes.  The cost is around $200 for a legal name change. 

If I'm voting 100% Hmong and never heard of Bliatout, I'll pass him up.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/179344/bobby-bliatout/#.XN6zem5KiM8

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Bliatout Clan name?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »
The name was PROBABLY changed from Thao to Bliatout back in the late 80s when Bruce Bliatout got his Ph.D.

Do you think the votes had anything to do with the clan name? Blong Xiong clearly used Xiong as his clan name but he still didn't get enough votes to win over that Latino guy.

Sorry, I'm not a Californian but, what Clan is Bobby Bliatout from? ???

When did his family change their clan name to Bliatout?  He got 6k votes out of 121K voters, running for California 22nd Congressional District.
Maybe if he changed his name back to his true clan name, he may have received more votes.  The cost is around $200 for a legal name change. 

If I'm voting 100% Hmong and never heard of Bliatout, I'll pass him up.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/179344/bobby-bliatout/#.XN6zem5KiM8

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

hmongviking

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:28:21 AM »
The name was PROBABLY changed from Thao to Bliatout back in the late 80s when Bruce Bliatout got his Ph.D.

If Bliatout's were originally Thao's, even if he gotten his Ph.D.  He should have kept Thao.  Why would would you not be proud of who you are?  It's crazy enough, that a lot of the older people, changed their first name to "David, Bruce, Tony, etc..." but at least keep your given last name.

Do you think the votes had anything to do with the clan name? Blong Xiong clearly used Xiong as his clan name but he still didn't get enough votes to win over that Latino guy.

Not sure about Blong Xiong, but in MN, those that won, used their Clan names, "Mee Moua, Foung Hawj, Fue Lee, Kaohly Her, Jay Xiong and Tou Xiong".  Not to mention the ones that didn't win, "Grace Moua, Samantha Vang, Adam Yang, Blong Yang, Cindy Yang, Paul Yang and Yele-Mis Yang".  But you know how hard it is to get Hmong people out to vote and if they did get out to vote and they weren't following politics, but strictly voting based off of clan name, I'm pretty sure they'd pass up "Bliatout"... when I first saw Bobby Bliatout speaking, if he didn't reference "Hmong" or if I didn't look him up, I wouldn't have known he was even Hmong.  I didn't even know about a Bruce Bliatout until I looked up Bobby.  If your proud of who you are, just my thoughts... change your name back to your original clan name...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 01:59:11 AM »
Many people are proud of their achievements and so they want to be unique. There are just so many Thaos out there. But a Bliatout is unique and supposedly high-class at that because of the Ph.D.  I think it was either Bruce's father or grandfather's name Bliatout was.

They haven't left Thao out completely. Each person has ensured the Thao is still connected to their name: Thowpaou, for example, is Bruce's middle name. You can tell that's a Thao guy. The news just doesn't use their complete, full names.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 05:48:24 PM »
Young isn't too far off from Yang in pronunciation. Nor is Wang from Vang. You get a Hmong uniqueness but still maintain that Hmong flavor.

That's interesting.. but I've met people who went from Yang to Young. And people who had nothing to with the Hmong diaspora because their family got out of Laos before the fighting started. There's all sorts of Hmong out there..

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 10:21:25 PM »
Puh-lease. The Hmong only come out to vote in droves for a Hmong candidate when they are promised entitlement expansion and an anti-white message. The majority of Hmong candidates who won their elections ran their campaign on one of the two or both.

White Democrats only endorse and promote minorities when they can run a campaign on racism.

Advertisements