Advertisement

Author Topic: New Fishing Pole  (Read 15799 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: New Fishing Pole
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2022, 04:58:41 AM »
Do you know how to fix a chip reel
The plastic piece on my zebco broke off
I drop my pole pn the cement
I post pictures tomorrow

I'm not a handyman.  Most of the time, just buy a new reel.  Usually by the time my reel breaks down, they no longer reproduce the parts for it.  If it's something that can just be glued back together, then maybe some epoxy at best.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2022, 09:51:04 AM »
I'm not a handyman.  Most of the time, just buy a new reel.  Usually by the time my reel breaks down, they no longer reproduce the parts for it.  If it's something that can just be glued back together, then maybe some epoxy at best.

just a little chip off the top plastic
my line catches on it now that its not smooth no more

i'm dirty cheap
can't afford to toss it out

God did not created man...man created god

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2022, 01:15:40 AM »
New!!!!!

Fishing license...legi t for spring!

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2022, 08:48:49 AM »
Walleye are running in my area
Got some big female this weekend
Didn’t keep any

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2022, 07:37:10 PM »
New fishing pole!  Yet again.

Shimano Expride 6'10" ML fast spinning rod. 

Actually really no need but all those cold snowing windy rainy days bummed me so much I told myself that after weeks of that rod still sitting on the shelf and no one buys it, I will.  So bam! I finally decided that it's coming home.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2022, 10:29:11 PM »
New fishing pole!  Yet again.

Shimano Expride 6'10" ML fast spinning rod. 

bam! I finally decided that it's coming home.

Grats, better quality usually translates to better experience... O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2022, 02:29:03 PM »
I'm tired of buying more rods. I want to know where the fish are only.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2022, 05:02:15 PM »
I went down to the local lake just to give my rods a few toss on the lures.  So using both the Expride 6'10" ML Spinning and Posion Adrena 6'10" UL/M Spinning rod.  Both feels more like using 6'6" rods and under feel, even thought they're just 2 inches shy of a 7 foot rod.  Comparing to the Zodias 7' Spinning rod has a more power transfer on the cast.

Casting is very smooth, but I'm not quite used to the light tip feel of both the Expride and Poison Adrena spinning rods.  The rods do have a significantly lighter feel overall.  Maybe in a week or two I'll hit the river again to see if some fish are biting.   

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »
Give me your unused rod and reel

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 01:54:57 AM »
Give me your unused rod and reel

Oh I got lots of unused ones.  Sometimes they're just there for looks and decoration.  Mostly just memory collage. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2022, 10:34:53 AM »
I drove an hour up northwest and cast in with a green Gulp minnow. First bite was a rock bass that no one wanted. So, the second was a nice-sized crappie that I kept. Third was a hard thumping that I couldn't pull off. It got away!

I took off after a few more casts without more bites.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 02:12:17 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2022, 10:37:46 AM »
So I got to using the two new rods again the 6'10" PA and Expride.  Being a ML rod I was still getting use to it and the tip was a bit softer than I normally expect it.  I'm used to the action from St. Croix rods and the feel from those rods.  This is kind of where if you never try, you will never truly know either. 

I'm used the to St. Croix casting rods that I have, but I am wondering if I should buy into the spinning rods as well.  Being that St. Croix rods have increased in price by over 25% from what they used to be, it's a toss up.  In addition to seeing that they have also improved technology in blank material and resins, there could be merits to it.   So how many full tanks of gas am I going to justify for it?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2022, 07:02:27 AM »
I was using both the 6'10 PA and Expride again.  Getting a chance to use in both still water of a lake and current water of a river.  Both rods excels at casting with ease.  There is one advantage to having a slightly softer tip action is that they keep the hook pinned down on the fish.  All the fish I hooked up with barely so much as got a hook set put into them.  It was easy to unhook them.  Both rods have a soft progression from tip to mid section of the rod.  This kind of like an Ugly Stik manner.  In a way, their weakness is lack of fish control.  The merits about these rods are lure casting control and lure control.  Both rods are underpowered for white bass fishing.  Makes them feel like they're extra strong fish.  Then again perhaps I've gotten used to casting gear and spinning gear feels underwhelmed. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »
So anyways since I missed fishing all those other times, I splurge yet again on another rod.  I had never thought about it this way and apparently justifying it all.  So a few weeks ago, I purchased the newly released Shimano Expride B Spinning Rod in 7' Medium power.  It's got that sort of reversed handle seat that a lot of rods are being made like now to include St. Croix and G. Loomis.  I figure I may as well try it out and see what's the hype is all about.  Well it's all hype.  Apparently my hand doesn't really like the new reversed seat style as much.  For one thing it makes me want to place my fingers up further on the rod.  So the reel stem is below my hold position, sort of more like a fly rod holding position.  That could be good, but it's gonna take some getting used to. 

With the butt handle reduction in weight, also means the rod tip feels slightly more tip heavy.  Smaller line guides also means that a smaller reel spool works better with it.  At first I had my 3000 sized reel on and it did feel some slight resistance on the casting.  Could've just been the Fireline I had on it. But still perhaps I may have to try a few different reel set up to see which one it will pair up best with.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2022, 01:38:05 PM »
Damn dude
Give me one of your rod
Im still using my old reliable rod