Advertisement

Author Topic: Driving while....  (Read 1249 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Driving while....
« on: June 07, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
People say driving while distracted is dangerous...li ke texting or phone dialing...

Y'all never knew the secret of Gameboy and Playstation Portable days... :2funny:

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Driving while....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »
Reaching for something is also dangerous.  I got sideswiped one time because the other driver was distracted by this. 

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
LOL...the joke was about racing and driving video games.

If you get distracted...y ou're gonna crash and lose the race.  :2funny:

But on a serious matter...

When those GPS navigation things first came out...people drive like there wasn't any traffic on road and they follow them instructions going wrong way and stuff.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »
A guy was driving with his new girlfriend riding in the front seat, passenger side.

They got into an accident.

He claimed he was just reaching to shift the car.

But the car was not a stick.

Reaching for something is also dangerous.  I got sideswiped one time because the other driver was distracted by this.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:33:41 PM »
Parked at the light waiting to make a left.  I was behind an old lady white driver. 

My car is auto so I had my foot on the brakes.  I reached over to the glove buy my arm is not long enough but I managed to get my sunglasses in the glove.  Then I heard a bump.  My silly azz, when stretching had to inch my ways to get my sunglasses but while doing thus, had left my foot off the brakes.  I saw the white old lady in her grandma style american Ford car looking back at me in her rear view mirror. 

Light turned green n she took off.  Guess a light tap to her and old timer disease could mean something else or she felt threaten by my or maybe she heard about the tale of criminals intentionally light hit the bumper just so they can Rob them.

Either way, that was my distracted story and how I got lucky on that day. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:08:40 PM »
LOL...I got plenty of people whom given me the light bumper bump.

But worst of all is those who drive into your parked car in the parking lot.  It's like I walk into store to buy lunch come back a few minutes and there's a huge dent in vehicle.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:52 PM »
LOL...I got plenty of people whom given me the light bumper bump.

But worst of all is those who drive into your parked car in the parking lot.  It's like I walk into store to buy lunch come back a few minutes and there's a huge dent in vehicle.

When I first drive yes.  Not too proud but a school parking lot had big enough clearance but with an old chevy that has no powersteering and being a new driver, i can't judge for schit so my back up to a three point turn was bad n yes, I lightly bump bumpers, no damage and ran off. 

At my dad's neighborhood, you have people hitting parked cars.  My dad got hit twice.  Once they took off.  Second time around, they stood around to do it the legal way.  I'm like, the street is wide enough for 4 cars, how do you even side swipe a parked car?

All comes down to experience

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
When I first drive yes.  Not too proud but a school parking lot had big enough clearance but with an old chevy that has no powersteering and being a new driver, i can't judge for schit so my back up to a three point turn was bad n yes, I lightly bump bumpers, no damage and ran off. 

At my dad's neighborhood, you have people hitting parked cars.  My dad got hit twice.  Once they took off.  Second time around, they stood around to do it the legal way.  I'm like, the street is wide enough for 4 cars, how do you even side swipe a parked car?

All comes down to experience

True.

and those that are distracted...L OL.  I saw that today the turn sign post was taken out.  The person who hit it also left part of their fender and part of the bumper with the fog light.

The stop signs at the end of the street, gets taken out almost monthly.  The city folks have their hands full replacing that stop sign continuously.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 06:07:21 AM »

You should've been the one at fault there. The other driver must have seen your looks and started reaching down for something.  :2funny:

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
LOL...the joke was about racing and driving video games.

I understand but since the subject was about distracted driving, I decided to add my opinion and experience.   ;D

A guy was driving with his new girlfriend riding in the front seat, passenger side.

They got into an accident.

He claimed he was just reaching to shift the car.

But the car was not a stick.

:o

You should've been the one at fault there. The other driver must have seen your looks and started reaching down for something.  :2funny:

Actually, she admitted to dropping something and reaching for it.   ;D  :P

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 08:09:22 PM »
I almost wrecked my car after a week of buying it.  435hp ain't no joke. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 09:04:18 PM »
Blinking while driving is also very dangerous, especially when you’re sleepy.

Advertisements