Advertisement

Author Topic: Do you think names are important?  (Read 4824 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think names are important?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »
How about the name ANDREW yang? 

Andrew Jackson, the 7th president of the United States

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »
I've been studying coaching, social science, psychology, behavior, and racism.  My education has opened my eyes and given me new insights into what I was missing.  Granted I grew up in the ghetto hood and can empathize with them on so many levels, but I didn't comprehend what it meant to be black, and frankly, I will NEVER.  Just like no white person will never fully understand the Hmong American experience, the Hmong cannot fully understand the Black American experience.  This is what my education has taught me.  First, black people's mind have been corrupted through slavery.  Due to the storytelling of black slavery, this oppressive mindset is repeated over and over to them.  It is ingrained into them to fear the world.  Fear crushes many of the black people, and they never achieve their full potential.  Since most black people live in the ghetto hood, their mindset is never changed by someone caring enough to change their mindset.  So the cycle begins over and over.  In addition, inner-city schools are poor performing.  You cannot take a black kid and put it into a white school and expect the same results.  The multi-factorial analysis strongly suggests schools/teachers' performance only accounts for 30% or so in children's school performance.  The other 70% are mindset, parents, peers, community, historical behavioral, etc..

I've worked in corporate America and YES, I don't feel like I fit in.  Even though I am Hmong-American, and my cultural understanding is mostly American, I don't get WHITE JOKES, and I don't get WHITE ettiquite, WHITE norm, and WHITE other things.  White people don't understand why I am so serious all the time...  In the world of Frodo Baggins, white people are humans and Asian people are elves.  Our culture and nature are white different so fitting in becomes difficult.  For example, white people raised their kids to be individualisti c and very confident.  Asian people raise their kids to be collectivist, and very hardworking.  White people raise their kids to create a vast network of friends so they can leverage them to elevate each other.  Asian people raise their kids to be very hospitable so they can lean on them in hard times.  There are so many NUANCES that I wonder if you appreciate it or not and these nuances change us culturally, personally, behaviorally, etc...

The problem with black activism is that they use a negative approach by identifying all the negativity/oppression and don't provide practical solutions.  Asian people, we identify the proper behavior and ignore the negativity.  In coaching, Jim Whitemore defines performance = potential - noise.  Black people let too much historical noise into their lives and so the noise eat them...  If black people could compartmentali ze black history and not be so visceral about it, they can prosper.  But I don't know what it is like to be black, so I need to talk to them more to understand.

My final point is don't be too quick to judge.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

With all the complaining about hiring discrimination from the likes of kaydoo folks, the ones who do get hired into a company of predominantly white folks also complain how they don't fit in with all the Pams and Beckys.

Kaydoo be saying, "they discriminate against me because they say I don't fit in."

Gets hired.

Now kaydoo be saying, "I don't feel like I fit in."

This is why I don't put too much value into what black activists say in regards to this issue. They do the same thing with education.

Kaydoo be saying, "white people have better schools. I'm underperformin g due to inadequate resources in black schools."

Gets to the better school. Underperforms.

Kaydoo be saying, "It's culturally insensitive to my needs. Plus, I can't afford to do some of the mandatory projects."

They are the race of excuses.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 12:16:19 AM »
But Jews never allowed any discrimination stop them from becoming a successful group and I mean real discrimination .

Blacks just be making it up as they go along nowadays.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

So that use to be one of my argument until I understood that black people lost EVERYTHING relating to their culture and identity during slavery.  EVERY F'ING THING.  The Jewish people still have their religious belief and their religious belief gives them discipline.  That is a lot to lean on.  Standardize belief, value, and discipline is something black people don't even have!  In Operational Excellence (how to run high-performance organizations) standard belief, values, and discipline is how you become EXCELLENT.  Black people don't have that and Jewish people do.  Hence, why one group is excellent and one is not. 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »

Advertisements