Advertisement

Author Topic: Don't feel for Thailand and proud of my fellow Americans  (Read 628 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Don't feel for Thailand and proud of my fellow Americans
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:21:17 AM »
There's a big fuss about the U.S. Women's Soccer team and how they beat Thailand but I don't see much of an issue with it because it's the World Cup, a world class sport:

No place for orange slices: Why USWNT was right to run up score against Thailand

The United States women’s national team opened the World Cup on Tuesday by defeating Thailand 13-0.

The most disappointing aspect of that result is that it wasn’t 14-0 — an early goal by Alex Morgan was disallowed due to a questionable offside call.

And for everyone complaining it was too lopsided or unsportsmanlik e or unfair … please, this is the World Cup, not some rec league where everyone gets a snack bag and an orange slice afterward.

“This is a world championship,” said U.S. coach Jill Ellis.

Thailand obviously isn’t at the level of the United States, the favorite this month in France. That’s unfortunate. Women’s soccer is still a developmental sport around the globe, mainly because national governing bodies have refused to invest in it. Maybe getting crushed — and witnessing just how beautifully women’s soccer can be played — will spark some soul searching back in Thailand.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Don't feel for Thailand and proud of my fellow Americans
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:35:29 AM »
I still can’t believe it’s 13-0.  In all my life, 40 years.  I’ve never seen this before.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 06:06:42 AM »
I know in college football, your ranking depends on many factors like strength of schedule and how badly you beaten other teams. 

I totally agree in competitive sports at such level.  No mercy rule and playing soft after a comfortable lead have been proven by many other sports to be a recipe for diaster as a comeback or I calling it a moose is lurking at any opportunities within the time frame of regulations. 

Unless you playing against an elementary team and up large like 100-10 in basketball then yeah, either forfeit or learn how to milk the clock. 

Boy, isn't she hot?  5 goals tie record and cover model for one of the latest edition of sports illustrated magazine.  I have a copy of the other one.  It's boring kaydoo Tyra banks on cover.  Free copy by the way.  I never pay for any magazine subscription ever.  Gotta give me free or pay me to read your junk. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:53:13 AM »
13-0...that's unsportsmanshi p conduct!  there is no sense of pride, when you're gloating and simply trying to shame your opponents. 

it's preliminary qualifications ...at 5 goals, they already knew they won.  should have given most of the 2nd string some playing time. they've risked injuries to their starters.

this type of bullying is going to make other countries want to kick US's a$$es balls! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements