Advertisement

Author Topic: What did you learn with each age milestone  (Read 5057 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
What did you learn with each age milestone
« on: June 17, 2019, 03:49:12 PM »
What did you learn with each age milestone?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 03:56:31 PM »
7 years old: running in the woods to a new place like Thailand opened my eyes to new things; I learned that traveling or moving to new places is a great learning thing.

All these other years after that, still the same thing: traveling makes one see new things, one becomes more intelligent.

Okay, I'm going to travel somewhere soon.

Like this post: +1
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »
@ 5 - Playing with dirt is fun.  Wake up, play, eat, go to sleep, repeat.
@ 10 - What do you mean I can't have whatever I want?; All these rules!
@ 15 - Parents are lame, they're always nagging and are too controlling; Don't understand boys; I think I know all there is to know about life.
@ 20 - Need parents; Still don't understand boys; There are still so much I have yet to discover and learn about life; There are a lot of stuff I still need to figure out about myself.
@ 25 - Need parents; There are good guys and there are bad guys; The world is what it is; Need to live life and have fun; Family & friends are important; Should have a good job by now; Should start a family by now.
@ 30 - Love parents, need their wisdom; There are more bad guys than there are good guys; The world is crazy; Want to have fun but have responsibiliti es; Life revolves around kids and family; It's important to have a good job; Should save for the future.
@ 35 - Love parents, need their wisdom; 80% of guys are bad; The world is fricken crazy; Fun is spending time with kids/family/good friends; Gotta keep on working; Should save even more for kids' colleges and futures.
@ 40 - Should have done more stuff with parents, they are getting older; 90% of guys are bad; The world is fricken insane; I don't know nearly enough; Fun is spending time with kids/family/good friends; Either you love your job or not but too old to go back to school to start over; Counting down the years to retirement; Be smarter with saving money, only spend on essentials and on things that add value and joy to your life.
@ 50 - Wish I did this and that with parents before they got so old; 95% of guys are bad; The world is fricken going to explode; I don't know everything but I don't care anymore; Fun is spending time with family and good friends; Counting down the years to retirement; Traveling is life.
@ 60 - Not 60 yet... but I'm sure my conclusion will be that 100% of guys are bad.   ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »
My 1st grade was truncated. Gotta run from the Commies and so cut school short. We abandoned our school thatch after 3 months of enrollment.

Good thing I learned while running in the wild, things boy scouts and girl scouts would only dream about at that age. How start a fire, how to find seafoods on the run, how to take down swallows for foods--foraging in unknown places--life through experiences, survival at its earliest and best.

I want to travel some more.

"...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »
Lilly, you forgot to add weight gains and obesity problems for each time frame;D ;D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:21 PM »
My 1st grade was truncated. Gotta run from the Commies and so cut school short. We abandoned our school thatch after 3 months of enrollment.

Good thing I learned while running in the wild, things boy scouts and girl scouts would only dream about at that age. How start a fire, how to find seafoods on the run, how to take down swallows for foods--foraging in unknown places--life through experiences, survival at its earliest and best.

I want to travel some more.

You had some interesting life experiences, Reporter!  Thanks for sharing!

What kinds of traveling do you hope to do?   Road trips in America or trips around the world?  Where do you hope to go and see?

There are still so many places in America I still need to see.  After the American destinations, I want to visit England, Canada, and Mexico.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:37:19 PM »
Lilly, you forgot to add weight gains and obesity problems for each time frame;D ;D

Oh, that's right!  ;D ;D

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 09:09:31 PM »
I’m not sharing since I’m in your 100% of guys that are bad  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
Age 22:  discovery Whiskey, i love it. Started drinking jack, fireball, johnnie, glen etc...  its a relaxing thing for me. 

God did not created man...man created god

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 06:29:17 AM »
Age 22:  discovery Whiskey, i love it. Started drinking jack, fireball, johnnie, glen etc...  its a relaxing thing for me.

Quit drinking to pass time, focus on them fishes lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »
You're welcome.

I want to go to many places, not to date or find a soulmate but to explore life in a different way than that. Maybe even fish. Some places will be around the US but others outside. We'll see what I learn then.

You had some interesting life experiences, Reporter!  Thanks for sharing!

What kinds of traveling do you hope to do?   Road trips in America or trips around the world?  Where do you hope to go and see?

There are still so many places in America I still need to see.  After the American destinations, I want to visit England, Canada, and Mexico.

"...

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »
You're welcome.

I want to go to many places, not to date or find a soulmate but to explore life in a different way than that. Maybe even fish. Some places will be around the US but others outside. We'll see what I learn then.

Yes, you can learn a lot by exploring different places.  New thoughts can all of sudden enter one's mind and new perspectives about life and the world can be formed by simply going to new places and seeing new things.  Don't forget to share the things that you learn along the way as you go and explore different places.   O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »
Ok.

Yes, you can learn a lot by exploring different places.  New thoughts can all of sudden enter one's mind and new perspectives about life and the world can be formed by simply going to new places and seeing new things.  Don't forget to share the things that you learn along the way as you go and explore different places.   O0

"...

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »
4- I was introduced to music and singing became my newest obsession. I loveeeee to sing as a little girl and I remembered singing at home/school and also with my little group of friends at the neighborhood park.

1st-5th grade- Even though I attended the same school as my cousins and friends, I didn't get the same teacher or room like them. I was always with the mekas kids because I scored higher on my reading. It really sucks though.  :( Each year, my cousins started moving away because of job opportunities for their siblings and I was the only one left by the time I was in 5th grade. I remembered my parents moved and I had to relocate to a different school and leaving my friends behind was so sad. Half way through 5th grade I was placed in a different class without Asian kids and it was very sad.

6 grade- My first and last art class that I took. I did an art project made from scrape and it was unique so it got placed in the library. I made a figure of a man in a hula hoop his and his head was made out of a empty thread holder. I had no interest in art because I feel I wasn't artistic enough so this was my last art class that I ever took until this age.

7th grade- I took a music class and I didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

8th grade- Converted from Shamanism to Christianity and I was very shy to sing or attend church because the Leaders were not well organized. I didn't know how to read Hmong in the first place so there's no way I was able to sing in Hmong and follow along.

9-12th grade- I was introduced to cooking. I started learning how to cook american food and I especially enjoyed baking. I learned my measurements and whatsoever. I also started learning how to read in Hmong. I didn't like boys but I had a crush on a neighbor. When I see him outside with our other neighbors, I would be so shy to see him or even go outside.  ;D I learned how to wear makeup and dye my own hair. I started talking to older guys when I was in junior year and those I met from online chatting. I was talking to older guys and they taught me to be wise and to act mature. I guess I should give them thanks.  ;D My senior year, I stopped talking to older guys and started talking to guys around my age. I noticed, my attitude changed and I wasn't that nice young lady a year before. I didn't go to prom because my sister didn't so no prom or high school grad night either.  :( I was talking to my first ex a few months before graduation.

19- I was living life and doing lots of things. I broke up with my first ex because I didn't want to get married. I got my license a year before and was driving my parents pick up truck. More like sneaking when they're not using it.  ;D

20- Got diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and they removed my thyroid by radiation. Started gaining weight afterward...  :( :( :(

21-33 Dated my Mexican boyfriend. Did a lot of things... Lose weight, gain weight and whatever's on my mind. Left my Mexican boyfriend after 12 years of being together in June 27 2018. A few days later in June 30th 2018, dated a Mien guy. In October, got diagnosed with depression. Was heartbroken and whatsoever...

34 years old-Still learning to take it one day at a time and a new chapter is about to begin. My future goal is to get well, healthy, lose weight and relocate to Sacramento.

I learned that you must learn to love yourself no matter how old you are. If you don't, you'll get hurt in the long run. You need to find some activities that you enjoyed doing to help relieve stress and make life more enjoyable. Still learning in the process.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »
4- I was introduced to music and singing became my newest obsession. I loveeeee to sing as a little girl and I remembered singing at home/school and also with my little group of friends at the neighborhood park.

1st-5th grade- Even though I attended the same school as my cousins and friends, I didn't get the same teacher or room like them. I was always with the mekas kids because I scored higher on my reading. It really sucks though.  :( Each year, my cousins started moving away because of job opportunities for their siblings and I was the only one left by the time I was in 5th grade. I remembered my parents moved and I had to relocate to a different school and leaving my friends behind was so sad. Half way through 5th grade I was placed in a different class without Asian kids and it was very sad.

6 grade- My first and last art class that I took. I did an art project made from scrape and it was unique so it got placed in the library. I made a figure of a man in a hula hoop his and his head was made out of a empty thread holder. I had no interest in art because I feel I wasn't artistic enough so this was my last art class that I ever took until this age.

7th grade- I took a music class and I didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

8th grade- Converted from Shamanism to Christianity and I was very shy to sing or attend church because the Leaders were not well organized. I didn't know how to read Hmong in the first place so there's no way I was able to sing in Hmong and follow along.

9-12th grade- I was introduced to cooking. I started learning how to cook american food and I especially enjoyed baking. I learned my measurements and whatsoever. I also started learning how to read in Hmong. I didn't like boys but I had a crush on a neighbor. When I see him outside with our other neighbors, I would be so shy to see him or even go outside.  ;D I learned how to wear makeup and dye my own hair. I started talking to older guys when I was in junior year and those I met from online chatting. I was talking to older guys and they taught me to be wise and to act mature. I guess I should give them thanks.  ;D My senior year, I stopped talking to older guys and started talking to guys around my age. I noticed, my attitude changed and I wasn't that nice young lady a year before. I didn't go to prom because my sister didn't so no prom or high school grad night either.  :( I was talking to my first ex a few months before graduation.

19- I was living life and doing lots of things. I broke up with my first ex because I didn't want to get married. I got my license a year before and was driving my parents pick up truck. More like sneaking when they're not using it.  ;D

20- Got diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and they removed my thyroid by radiation. Started gaining weight afterward...  :( :( :(

21-33 Dated my Mexican boyfriend. Did a lot of things... Lose weight, gain weight and whatever's on my mind. Left my Mexican boyfriend after 12 years of being together in June 27 2018. A few days later in June 30th 2018, dated a Mien guy. In October, got diagnosed with depression. Was heartbroken and whatsoever...

34 years old-Still learning to take it one day at a time and a new chapter is about to begin. My future goal is to get well, healthy, lose weight and relocate to Sacramento.

I learned that you must learn to love yourself no matter how old you are. If you don't, you'll get hurt in the long run. You need to find some activities that you enjoyed doing to help relieve stress and make life more enjoyable. Still learning in the process.

Thank you for sharing, MissKhou85!  You are a sweet person and you deserve happiness.  I hope that you will find lots of happiness very soon.  I have hypothyroidism also and it's messed with my weight a lot so I can relate with the weight issue and the other problems associated with hypothyroidism .  You are a great person and you are strong!  Stay positive and be happy always!

Advertisements