Advertisement

Author Topic: What did you learn with each age milestone  (Read 5056 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
At each stage, I learned that I still have a lot to learn.   ;D

Like this post: +2
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone?
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »
@ 6 months - grandma sure has a voice when she hits me.  I was just playing in the mud..
@1 - get these darn stupid mitts off my hands -
@2 - I have to wipe my own butt, sure was fun playing outside while train was moving...got caught by train conductor. Kalamazoo, MI
@3 - I have to get baby diaper for the baby now - STP, MN
@4 - I have to feed the babies - I went to first grade - they kick me back to kindergarten after one month after they figured out my birthday - I cook for myself.
@5 - I have to help watch the babies - I can ride a 10 speed bike! What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?
@6 - I thought I could run fast - but uncle always catches me.  I need to run faster after I open door to outside.  If you jump off a two story building, will you die?  Nope, lets do it again.
@7 - why do I have to be here...I drank two Pepsi cans and I want to sleep.  Dad let's go home already...enou gh adult talking.  If I stick two paper clips into an outlet and have both ends inserted...I wonder if...BOOOM.  Where's paper clip?  Try again.
@8 - What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?  I'm Mong...what's that?
@9 - What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?  Teacher says, I'm an Aging...gettin g older?  No You are like a Chinese, here is picture in World Social Studies book, says Asians from Around the World.
@ 10 - You draw so well, You do gymnastics so well, You Sing, You Dance, You are so Talented...but I'm poor and wear the same clothes for whole week and weighed barely 40 lbs.
@ 12 - You are an adult.  DADT.
@ 15 - First job...walk to work, earned my first real paid money
@ 19 - In the Army.
@ Amnesia accident somewhere...so remember nothing from before and fragments afterwards
@ 30 +I do things, I don't know how I do nor remember where I learned, marriage, kids, family, divorce
@ 40 picking up pieces after divorce still raising children...fam ily finally decides to help some
@ 45 here we are...PH is still here!

Like this post: +1
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
Before 10: Need parents to survive
Between 10-20: Parent's advice is bad, parent's experiences are outdated and does not apply.  My situation is unique. Parents don't know anything about modern day culture and fads. I know everything I need to know about the world.
Between 20-30: Being parents is hard work.  Don't know how parents put up with us as kids.
Between 30-40: Darn, parents were right after afterall. I didn't know jack shiit about the world.  Kids are now rebelling like I did.  Their situations are not unique like they think, but they won't listen to advice like I didn't.  They have to learn the hard way.

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 06:34:37 AM »
at age 30, i should've traveled the world instead of becoming enslaved to love...now going to 40 in a few years--i may just up and leave to do so...opportuni ty has hit at the best...

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone?
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 03:03:49 PM »
@ 6 months - grandma sure has a voice when she hits me.  I was just playing in the mud..
@1 - get these darn stupid mitts off my hands -
@2 - I have to wipe my own butt, sure was fun playing outside while train was moving...got caught by train conductor. Kalamazoo, MI
@3 - I have to get baby diaper for the baby now - STP, MN
@4 - I have to feed the babies - I went to first grade - they kick me back to kindergarten after one month after they figured out my birthday - I cook for myself.
@5 - I have to help watch the babies - I can ride a 10 speed bike! What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?
@6 - I thought I could run fast - but uncle always catches me.  I need to run faster after I open door to outside.  If you jump off a two story building, will you die?  Nope, lets do it again.
@7 - why do I have to be here...I drank two Pepsi cans and I want to sleep.  Dad let's go home already...enou gh adult talking.  If I stick two paper clips into an outlet and have both ends inserted...I wonder if...BOOOM.  Where's paper clip?  Try again.
@8 - What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?  I'm Mong...what's that?
@9 - What are you, Black, White, or Mexican?  Teacher says, I'm an Aging...gettin g older?  No You are like a Chinese, here is picture in World Social Studies book, says Asians from Around the World.
@ 10 - You draw so well, You do gymnastics so well, You Sing, You Dance, You are so Talented...but I'm poor and wear the same clothes for whole week and weighed barely 40 lbs.
@ 12 - You are an adult.  DADT.
@ 15 - First job...walk to work, earned my first real paid money
@ 19 - In the Army.
@ Amnesia accident somewhere...so remember nothing from before and fragments afterwards
@ 30 +I do things, I don't know how I do nor remember where I learned, marriage, kids, family, divorce
@ 40 picking up pieces after divorce still raising children...fam ily finally decides to help some
@ 45 here we are...PH is still here!

Thanks for sharing, VillainousHero!   O0

Like this post: 0

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »
Before 10: Need parents to survive
Between 10-20: Parent's advice is bad, parent's experiences are outdated and does not apply.  My situation is unique. Parents don't know anything about modern day culture and fads. I know everything I need to know about the world.
Between 20-30: Being parents is hard work.  Don't know how parents put up with us as kids.
Between 30-40: Darn, parents were right after afterall. I didn't know jack shiit about the world.  Kids are now rebelling like I did.  Their situations are not unique like they think, but they won't listen to advice like I didn't.  They have to learn the hard way.

Thanks for sharing, YAX!   O0

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
At each stage, I learned that I still have a lot to learn.   ;D

O0  Me too.  Even in my teens when I stubbornly thought I knew everything, a part of me knew that I was still naive and had A LOT yet to learn. 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »
1-4: don't remember much...only that I was the last kid to get pick to be on anyone's team..be it the cops and robbers game, kickball, football.

5: not going to lie, but i cried my eyes out when mamma had to sneak out of the kindergarten classoom. lols can you blame me, when you have a momma so caring and loving? lols

6-10: failed the first grade, but made up for it by acing everything the second time around. lmao other kids would say 'the reason he's so smart is because he flunk last year'. no, i don't think so, i just never really put in the effort, and plus back then not much was known about kids with a.d.d or autism or other mental disorders...lo ls  I did it for my momma, i saw the heartbreak...s he was not disappoiinted in me, but I know it was more like she refused to let anyone tell her, her son is stupid...lols

11-13---what can I say...fuuking acne problems and voice getting deeper...pubic hairs growing, and waking up wtf is this weird sticky thing down there...lmao

14-18---fuuking shit, all my Hmong friends are gangsters now...momma love me too much so imma be a good boy...lols

18-35---fuuking shit damn it, this is how the world really is??

35- til now---fuuking shit damn it....sorry momma and pops, but i don't think i ever want to start a family of my own, you guys deserve much more, but i can't come to agreement with myself that this world is worth it....

I'm not a momma's boy, just love my momma very much...lols

;D  Thanks for sharing, DaCurse!  I had the same stance too.  There were lots of "fuuking shit" and "got damn it" and "wtf is this shit" from me too!   ;D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »
at age 30, i should've traveled the world instead of becoming enslaved to love...now going to 40 in a few years--i may just up and leave to do so...opportuni ty has hit at the best...

Age 30 is the BEST age to be in, dianahmuas!   O0  You know a lot about life at this point and yet still young and able-bodied to do lots of things.  You should travel the world if you don't yet have kids!  YOLO, enjoy life and travel while you are still young and have the energy to do lots of exploring!

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 11:16:08 AM »

Learned how to make a baked potato.  :D

What?!  Girl, you so silly!   :P  I'm sure you learned how to make a baked potato way before yesterday.   ;D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 11:25:23 AM »
I'm going to go by school year since I remember that more fondly.

Kindergarten - You can make friends easily.

age 10 - You don't fit well with Hmong people.

age 15-16 - Sometimes you really don't know a person, even if you've know that friend for 10+ years.
also - heartbreaks suck.

age 18- Try to have fun. Slow down your thought process.

First Year college - You don't fit well with Hmong people.
Also first year college - don't criticize the professor, they will destroy your grade.

3rd year college - If you want to succeed, surround yourself with people who also want the same  thing.

5th year college (last year undergrad) - People especially Hmong people don't like the way you dress. who gives a shit though, be you.

--
Age 25-27 - City Living Life ain't bad. It's different, but stay open minded.

Age 28 - Stay focused, but take it slow.  Enjoy life!

So if you ask me what did I learn in my first 30 years..  Well,  I'm more americanized than I think.  Yes, kuv paub hais lus thiab sau ntawv Hmoob. Yes I listen to Hmong music, watch Hmong movies.  But my life is as american as it gets. I enjoy being in the downtown night life. I use Uber and Lyft often.  I don't go clubbing, but I do go bar hopping and sit there in the lounge sipping on a mojito or AMF.  I cosplay and roleplay.  I just don't fit in. But That's fine.  I enjoy being me.

Thanks for sharing, Anonymouse!  It's kinda weird because minus the cosplay and roleplay things and sitting in the lounge (I prefer dancing) and liking living in the city (I like country/quiet neighborhood living)... the other things were similar to me as well.  I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed with the professor on some things and he marked down my grade to an A-... that really opened my eyes to how sometimes your grade can be determined by a professor's "feelings" toward you and not necessarily on the work you've done for the class.  When I asked him why he gave me that grade he said he didn't like that I openly challenged him in the classroom... what the hell... I thought we were having an open discussion and sharing different thoughts and ideas... I didn't know we had to agree with whatever he said.  It was a political science class.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 11:25:47 AM »
This must be some kind of a psychedelic, psychoanalytic al, pseudoscience, psychology test of some sort.

Let me tell you what may happen to those who are able to make and chart a timeline of their own life. 

Ok, so here is the time line to your life so far.  You will either say, fawk, I wasted my life by doing not enough or nothing at all.  You can also say cot dayam it, I blew it here and here and here. 

This will lead to depression..

so my suggestion is not to do it while you are still not at the retirement age.  Old people have no problem talking about the past.  When you are still working for the future, try not to talk about the past.  You will have your retirement days to reflect back. 

Reference:  Rose from titanic and Captain America from avenger.  After the store is told, no sense of closure for them.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
This must be some kind of a psychedelic, psychoanalytic al, pseudoscience, psychology test of some sort.

Let me tell you what may happen to those who are able to make and chart a timeline of their own life. 

Ok, so here is the time line to your life so far.  You will either say, fawk, I wasted my life by doing not enough or nothing at all.  You can also say cot dayam it, I blew it here and here and here. 

This will lead to depression..

so my suggestion is not to do it while you are still not at the retirement age.  Old people have no problem talking about the past.  When you are still working for the future, try not to talk about the past.  You will have your retirement days to reflect back. 

Reference:  Rose from titanic and Captain America from avenger.  After the store is told, no sense of closure for them.   :2funny:

Oh kay...  but sharing what I've learned during different times in my life didn't make me depressed... so...  maybe it's just you?   :P :D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Anonymouse!  It's kinda weird because minus the cosplay and roleplay things and sitting in the lounge (I prefer dancing) and liking living in the city (I like country/quiet neighborhood living)... the other things were similar to me as well.  I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed with the professor on some things and he marked down my grade to an A-... that really opened my eyes to how sometimes your grade can be determined by a professor's "feelings" toward you and not necessarily on the work you've done for the class.  When I asked him why he gave me that grade he said he didn't like that I openly challenged him in the classroom... what the hell... I thought we were having an open discussion and sharing different thoughts and ideas... I didn't know we had to agree with whatever he said.  It was a political science class.

The difference between an A and A- is the person who got the B. 

First off, don't feel entitled.  Take what is given to you.

Even if you have gotten an A+, you will still be the same lily and nothing much will change.   Like seriously, crying over an A+ vs an A- while joe there trying to get a C to pass instead, he had to take the course again with the D grade.   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 11:30:36 AM »
Oh kay...  but sharing what I've learned during different times in my life didn't make me depressed... so...  maybe it's just you?   :P :D

sure if you live a boring life.   You live a life with little regrets.  You live a life with 0 boyfriend to cry over.   :2funny:

Advertisements