Advertisement

Author Topic: What did you learn with each age milestone  (Read 5119 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: What did you learn with each age milestone
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 11:31:50 AM »
The difference between an A and A- is the person who got the B. 

First off, don't feel entitled.  Take what is given to you.

Even if you have gotten an A+, you will still be the same lily and nothing much will change.   Like seriously, crying over an A+ vs an A- while joe there trying to get a C to pass instead, he had to take the course again with the D grade.   :2funny:

I didn't cry over it.  Stop making assumptions!   :knuppel2:   ;D  I moved on and just said whatev, he's the professor and if that's what he wants to give me, whatever...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
I didn't cry over it.  Stop making assumptions!   :knuppel2:   ;D  I moved on and just said whatev, he's the professor and if that's what he wants to give me, whatever...

Did you not say this?

"I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed"

You deserved but did not get what you deserved so you are crying over it.  Make sure you add that to your biography story of your life.   Oh and make sure you add today's date and talking to me too.  Share our story when you get old. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »
sure if you live a boring life.   You live a life with little regrets.  You live a life with 0 boyfriend to cry over.   :2funny:

You're not making any sense today.  Are you saying if a person has lived an interesting life with little regrets they don't need to ponder on what they've learned through the years?  Oh, forget it... don't answer.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 11:39:32 AM »
You're not making any sense today.  Are you saying if a person has lived an interesting life with little regrets they don't need to ponder on what they've learned through the years?  Oh, forget it... don't answer.

Even Jesus christ did not have a perfect life or timeline. 

No one's life is all that great.  Why?  Cuz of the word, "it could of been better" 

oh forget it.  Too deep and meaningful for you  :2funny:

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
Did you not say this?

"I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed"

You deserved but did not get what you deserved so you are crying over it.  Make sure you add that to your biography story of your life.   Oh and make sure you add today's date and talking to me too.  Share our story when you get old.

If you read the entire thing you'll see the context of what I said.  I said "I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed with the professor on some things and he marked down my grade to an A-... that really opened my eyes to how sometimes your grade can be determined by a professor's "feelings" toward you and not necessarily on the work you've done for the class."

Are you bored today, troublemaker?  Or are you trying to draw me in so we can entertain PH people?  :P  My break is over so I need to get off PH.  Maybe I'll come back later to waste time with you.  But start a new thread for us to mess around in, k... not in this thread.  Thanks.   O0

Like this post: +1

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »
If you read the entire thing you'll see the context of what I said.  I said "I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed with the professor on some things and he marked down my grade to an A-... that really opened my eyes to how sometimes your grade can be determined by a professor's "feelings" toward you and not necessarily on the work you've done for the class."

Are you bored today, troublemaker?  Or are you trying to draw me in so we can entertain PH people?  :P  My break is over so I need to get off PH.  Maybe I'll come back later to waste time with you.  But start a new thread for us to mess around in, k... not in this thread.  Thanks.   O0

Sounds fair enough

See you later alligator.  After-awhile crocodile   ::)

I don't read too well but when I do, I see what is in bold.  My highlight of the day. 

mess around
to kiss, makeout,feel up, kiss neck, etc
leads to whatever you want
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mess%20around

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0   :2funny:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:49:11 AM by DuMa »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:19 PM »
Lesson from a milestone:  I learn that I don't like to be alone in life and love is important. 

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »

;D

I'm serious... my family is not a potato family. We grew up eating rice and now it's brown rice. Some days no rice at all.

By the way, Alton Brown's baked potato recipe is pretty good. Crispy, salty skin ftw!

Mmm, that does sound delicious!  I love my baked potatoes with butter and sour cream.   O0

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2019, 06:56:09 PM »
Lesson from a milestone:  I learn that I don't like to be alone in life and love is important.

Dok_Champa, O0.   When did you realize each of those things, btw?  I learned "I didn't like to be alone in life" when I was 8 years old and I learned "love is important" when I was 10 years old.   :)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Anonymouse!  *** the other things were similar to me as well.  I also deserved an A+ in one of my classes but I disagreed with the professor on some things and he marked down my grade to an A-... that really opened my eyes to how sometimes your grade can be determined by a professor's "feelings" toward you and not necessarily on the work you've done for the class.  When I asked him why he gave me that grade he said he didn't like that I openly challenged him in the classroom... what the hell... I thought we were having an open discussion and sharing different thoughts and ideas... I didn't know we had to agree with whatever he said. ***

Anonymouse and lilly

I had that same naive smart mouth growing up.  Unlike you two who did so in college. I actually did so sooo much earlier in life around age 12 and that actually repeated itself multiple times going forward through college.  I actually received and F in high school in Probability Statistics class, when I was scoring the highest grade in class.  It was a last day the teacher decided to give me my real grade, he said.  Something about cheating cuz no one has ever scored so well in his class in 30+ years or something.  Actually it was a challenge he made about who can solve the problem can be teacher.  I did so and he was mad about it since...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2019, 07:07:50 PM »
Anonymouse and lilly

I had that same naive smart mouth growing up.  Unlike you two who did so in college. I actually did so sooo much earlier in life around age 12 and that actually repeated itself multiple times going forward through college.  I actually received and F in high school in Probability Statistics class, when I was scoring the highest grade in class.  It was a last day the teacher decided to give me my real grade, he said.  Something about cheating cuz no one has ever scored so well in his class in 30+ years or something.  Actually it was a challenge he made about who can solve the problem can be teacher.  I did so and he was mad about it since...

Oh wow!  That teacher was certainly a bitter and immature jackass.  Did you storm into the principal's office and demanded that righting be made to your grade?  Did your grade get corrected or did you just accept the F?  I would have been furious.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2019, 08:14:00 PM »
Oh wow!  That teacher was certainly a bitter and immature jackass.  Did you storm into the principal's office and demanded that righting be made to your grade?  Did your grade get corrected or did you just accept the F?  I would have been furious.

I just took it as it is...I had never gotten an F before.  The teacher told me to do make up work...but it's like, I've already earned it...why punish me more?  It's an accusation of cheating...yet no real proof.  I wasn't going to do extra work,,,just because I've been sleeping in class most of the time.  He just didn't see the effort.  He only saw the results.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements