Advertisement

Author Topic: The brighter days ahead  (Read 3029 times)

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
The brighter days ahead
« on: June 17, 2019, 07:15:24 PM »
Summer in California has been a lot cooler compared to the previous past years. Since it's mid June, the temperature has cool down a bit compared to the past week when we were hitting the triple digits. Seriously, it was crazy hot especially if you drive in an all black car. I feel as though my AC wasn't blowing any cool air. Like seriously even though I blasted the thing.  ;D Last week, it was indeed very hot. Imagine being outdoor at a funeral and in this hot Cali weather? You get what I'm saying? I got burnt but for a good purpose and more vitamin D's for my body.  :)  I'm glad, the temperature dropped down during the weekends along with some nice cool breeze blowing into the valley. Since it's summer, I can't complain because it will get hotter as the days goes by.

This morning as I was woke up (still waiting for my alarm to sound), the sun was shinning brightly through my window even though it was 5:30 am. Thank god I do not live near any Asians who raised roosters or else, that damn sucker will be crowing in the morning before my alarm goes off.  ;D I remembered driving home around 5 am a few months ago before the time changes and it was still very dark outside. It's crazy how the season changes and the 5 am a few months ago was still dark and the 5 am this morning was very sunny.

It has been a long time since I wrote anything on here. To be honest, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. I stopped doing a lot of things that I used to do and now all I do is, go to work and come home. My life is just that boring.  ;D  Well, a person just can't stop doing the things they enjoyed for a reason right? Most defiantly. I mean, there must be something that triggered or is wrong with the person for them to stopped doing the things they used to do. Well, today I would like to share my story with you. Its because I fell into depression. Depression is real.  I, in my million lifetime never would have imagined that it will hit me this hard. Like seriously, I'd always been a joyful and cheerful person, someone who doesn't hold grudges and just full of life. A woman who is strong minded and knows what she wants/can make herself happy.  However, I believe a person can only take so much on her plate and in the end, I broke down. I was so broken, I felt as though my two wings had been cut off and I couldn't fly or run no matter how hard I tried. I went downhill.

Today, I am slowly getting back on my two feet and since I'm getting treatment, hopefully, I'll become the MK I once was in here. Finger crossed.  :) When I was prescribed antidepressant s, it helped me right away. Crazy as it sound, these med really helps. I feel as though, I had the energy to do more things and on top of that, I feel sharper and my mind is clear. When I hear stories from people, many said that the medications doesn't work for them and so forth. However,  I'm the exact  opposite and I do not know what to make out of it. My family doesn't believe in depression. What many think of it, most think that that person or I was just plain lazy. Well since I'm running out of time, I am going to end it here tonight. I asked to up my dosage and right now I am currently taking Wellbutrin. Well, until next time. Bye!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: The brighter days ahead
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
Your main goal is to heal and get off them medication.

What works for some is shopping. 

I was just over at the great mall outlet in Milpitas over the weekend and the whole entire store of coach is 70%off.  Some even 25% off that 70% too.  Never seen prices so low for authentic purses b4. 

I bought a few for gifts.  Hurry b4 nkausee see this message and will buy the whole store. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »
MissKhou85, it's so good to see you postng on PH again!   :)  We missed you!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through depression, however.  I hope you'll feel better soon.  There are going to be ups and downs in life. I think we all go though periods of depression, but sometimes it hits some harder than others because our situations are not all the same.  I hope you know that many people on PH are empathetic and compassionate.  We're here to listen and offer words of support.  Try to do things that bring you happiness, and take it one day at a time.

Anyway, how are you and your boyfriend doing? I hope you guys are still going strong?

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 09:14:05 PM »
A lot of good and bad events in our lives has occurred for a reason. I will bet most of them has come to passed, and you have learned a lesson. Same thing will happen here. Hope you are doing well. Good to see you posting.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements