Advertisement

Author Topic: Allknighters - A new Hmong boy band  (Read 3639 times)

Offline DJshogun

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Allknighters - A new Hmong boy band
« on: July 06, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
A friend just hit me up the news on a new song released by Allknighters.  Never heard of them but seem to be by KLS.  Just wanted to share it with PH.  They seem to hold their own.  They young, a boy band, all sings, they got their own swag style, they sing English and Hmong alternating, music is good, melody is good, they sing about LOVE (thank god).  I don't know but they seem to have no competition if they keep doing good music. What I mean is, there's a lot of solo artist and older artist but these guys are, I heard in their teens.  They upping the game and seem to be manage by KLS, I think but not sure. If they are under KLS I'm sure they will do good.

https://youtu.be/UnfyHhL6Q7o

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Allknighters - A new Hmong boy band
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:33:57 AM »
 O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
A friend just hit me up the news on a new song released by Allknighters.  Never heard of them but seem to be by KLS.  Just wanted to share it with PH.  They seem to hold their own.  They young, a boy band, all sings, they got their own swag style, they sing English and Hmong alternating, music is good, melody is good, they sing about LOVE (thank god).  I don't know but they seem to have no competition if they keep doing good music. What I mean is, there's a lot of solo artist and older artist but these guys are, I heard in their teens.  They upping the game and seem to be manage by KLS, I think but not sure. If they are under KLS I'm sure they will do good.

https://youtu.be/UnfyHhL6Q7o

They sound so young and cute.  The song has good melody and sounds very mainstream hip/hop/pop.  Hmong bands like this are still rare, giving them a unique edge.  Good for them.  But one of the singers isn't good at pronouncing some words clearly and that's distracting.  For example, he sings "just memories" and I hear "juss memories" and "koj thiab kuv" sounds like "koj nrhiav kuv".  That singer needs to do a better job of pronouncing the words.  Otherwise, very good.   O0

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:33:11 PM by lilly »

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
Hard pass. Just not doing it for me.  Pronunciation issues. Not much when it comes to harmonizing. Not much singing talent to it.

Hahaha!!!  I listened to it a second time and went from "very good" to "eh."  I listened to it a third time and I went from "eh" to "no."  My biggest issue with the song is the pronunciation.  They sound like Hmong mekas kids that don't know how to speak Hmong and mispronounce Hmong words.  That's a turn off and I can't take them seriously if they can't speak their Hmong words clearly.

Like this post: +1

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 09:44:03 AM »
Not my cup of tea.  I guess I'm old and I'm always going to be an "oldie".
And I agree, pronunciation needs working on both languages.
Also the voices aren't that great, either.  Too "ordinary".

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
*puke*

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:36 AM »
Here my 2 cent,

Not bad for a first song from a group of teens.  Although not the best but it's better than most other artist out there who has been playing music for a while.  Good melody, good lyrics, good vibes, good choice of music genres (too many thailand style music), etc.

IMO:: 

-My wife and I have no problem understanding the song.  The fact that they are teens and they can sing in Hmong already blew the competition.  You got adult artist out there who can’t even speak or write in their own native tongue and language. 

-You don’t see a lot of Hmong teens nowadays especially boys doing positive things and setting goals, so this is a major plus just for having the motivation to create music for the community.  As all musician knows, it takes a lot of time, passion, commitment and hard work.  Go ask any artist?

-Autotune:  Don’t bother me, as artist like Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Cher, Rhianna, Kanye, Ariana Grande, P. Malone and some other big names, etc uses it also.  It’s a tool, it's a technique, it's a style, by all means use it if you can do it.  It’s like putting reverb and EQ on the vocal track.  You either like the autotune or you don’t.

-I think there is still room for improvements but so far as a debut, it's pretty above average amongst the rest in style, looks, directions, music genres, etc. What really set them apart with no competition is that they are a boy band (can’t think of another Hmong boy band that currently exist right now), young and got their own cool.

-All and all, let's put it this way, when you got a bunch of teens who is younger and cuter doing good music, as a artist you automatically know the pressure is on and you would be a fool to think otherwise because you ain’t getting any younger.  TBH, Looks and beauty alone could kill the competition and steal the show in some cases. 

Final thoughts: looks like they are managed by KLS.  KLS is legend in many ways.  I think they will do really good if they keep producing.  The end credits states Allknighters produce too, I can’t even think of any Hmong teenagers that produce.  TBH, any Hmong American group and band that still sing in Hmong nowadays have my respect.  They understand the importance of Hmong language and culture. What I'm waiting for is, what is their next song going to be like?  You gotta wonder right?   

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
You're right, starchaser1989 .  I do give them credit for creating a song that has a good melody, good lyrics, good vibes, and choosing to go with the pop music genre for this song.  You're right that it's better that they are doing something positive like making music rather than doing other negative things that teenagers can be doing.  I do wonder what their next song will be like.  I hope someone has pointed out to them that they need to work on their pronunciation of Hmong and English words.  Hopefully they've heard this critique and have been made aware so that their next song will be even better.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
Next!

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 08:06:39 AM »
hmong version of bts...if produced by kls...i don't think we'll ever see them in concert, cause they're most likely to be lip syncing and they can't dance! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
I give them a "C" for good effort.  Eye candy for the girls for sure.  Lacking in so many areas as stated above...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 02:09:25 AM »
Meh, opinions vary when it comes to subjective things like singing..

I mean I don't think it's that good but if someone else like it, their opinion/preference is no better/worst than mine ...WHY??

Because it's subjective...c ommon sense..common knowledge...

Advertisements