Advertisement

Author Topic: I saw some July 4th Festival videos and it looked so dead  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
I saw some July 4th Festival videos and it looked so dead
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
I’ve only been to the festival in the 90s and I remember being so packed it was crazy. From the videos I’ve seen of this year’s festival it looked so dead. For those who were actually there are there just simply less people?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: I saw some July 4th Festival videos and it looked so dead
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »
My girls stop in MN for 4th of July festival on their road trip. They didn’t like it. It wasn’t that crowded. I asked for photos but all I got is them 2 at MOA. 

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »
the hill side used to be packed with people now its empty. What good is a sport tournament when there isn't any good teams? Soccer, volleyball, football....th ey all suck. Sport events are supposed to be a collection of good teams from around the country to come together and compete. Our tournament is nothing but a bunch of drunk getting together for a weekend and calling themself a team ::) :idiot2: :P   ;D  ...lets be real, majority of the people that go, goes for the food and look at other people. Back in the late 90s and early 2000 people went for the clubs and slutting around(both girls and guys :D) ...everything is played out and people are getting smarter. The girls are becoming doctors and lawyers while the guys are still getting locked up ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »
What does the video show?

Actually, if you were there, you'd be lost in the crowd and wouldn't see the entire field. So, it would look like there were lots of people. It was like that to me.

I’ve only been to the festival in the 90s and I remember being so packed it was crazy. From the videos I’ve seen of this year’s festival it looked so dead. For those who were actually there are there just simply less people?[b/]

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:28:30 PM »
I remember back then. There were so many concerts. Like high Voltage, kLS, just a few at the top of my head. And that band from Cali.  Many the good ole days. Where you were buying tickets for the evening parties. I was sucking on this  lady's tits on the same night I danced with her. Lmao. We went into the dark corner of the dance room and I sux'd her huge tits. Ladies were being all slutty for the parties. And then clubbing after that. Man. That was the fun life.
Ladies out grew that shyt while these wannabe thugs still jobless and a bum. Most of them are all 30s with out a job cuz of their prison/jail records. Not to mention no Highschooldipl oma or GED.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »
Wow! You did that much with her? I know who she is. lol

I remember back then. There were so many concerts. Like high Voltage, kLS, just a few at the top of my head. And that band from Cali.  Many the good ole days. Where you were buying tickets for the evening parties. I was sucking on this  lady's tits on the same night I danced with her. Lmao. We went into the dark corner of the dance room and I sux'd her huge tits. Ladies were being all slutty for the parties. And then clubbing after that. Man. That was the fun life.
Ladies out grew that shyt while these wannabe thugs still jobless and a bum. Most of them are all 30s with out a job cuz of their prison/jail records. Not to mention no Highschooldipl oma or GED.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
Wow! You did that much with her? I know who she is. lol
bwhahaaa. Chicks were easy back then. You go up to the single lady at the table. And ask.. "what an honor for me to ask such a fine lady in hand for this dance tonight".The more you ask her for a dance. The better chance of you scoring. Lmao.
Heck I remember meeting up a buddy and his wife at the one of those party. And his wife introduced me to her friend.  At the end of the day I went home with them. And the chick that came with my buddy and his wife.
Long story short. Me and (her) were in the back seat of the car. We both started doing it in the back seat.  while my buddy was driving and his wife was in the passager seat. It was wild. And I can't even remember her name. I slip my rain jacket on and pumped away. Lmfao. It was crazy. Sad to say it was the last time I saw her too.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
Lol

Damn
You don’t go and you complain

The reason it’s empty is because you didn’t go

God did not created man...man created god

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 11:46:56 PM »
I don't go because there's nothing there that interests me.  Sports?  Nah, been there, done that back in my youth. Tired of it now. Women?  Nah, I'm married and happy.  Food?  Can get it cheaper anywhere. So what's there for someone like me?

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 01:54:05 AM »
I don't go because there's nothing there that interests me.  Sports?  Nah, been there, done that back in my youth. Tired of it now. Women?  Nah, I'm married and happy.  Food?  Can get it cheaper anywhere. So what's there for someone like me?
very true, I too can get it else where for cheaper. And less ppl to wait in line. Hmong village for examples. J4? Naw, easy pass. Plus it's kool indoors while all y'all be burning outside waitting in line to get y'all foods.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 06:57:00 AM »
It is called evolution.  Think of it in terms of pH.  Back in them days, we had many and plenty.  Now, nothing but scabs including myself  :2funny:

Even the azn clubbing scene here in northern cali.  All the good promoters are gone and customers are lining up to get marry and play house. 

Kids these days prefer to play the social media and online games.  That is all they need so nobody is leaving the house.  My Hmong friends that are married can not go cuz their wives are onto them. 

Sports?  You kind of get wiser and it was fun and games back in the early days but with everything else, it gets jaded fast.  I used to play Hmong sports myself.  Then realization that what I'm competing is like playing in the special Olympics.  They give you trophies but there is no glory out of this.  Not to mention the risk of getting injured and there goes your job.  Worth the risk!  Hell naw. 

Too many other chits and giggles to add but I'll cool it for now. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 08:13:12 AM »
it's because there were no fights...i used to go because i knew someone was getting an a$$ whooping and i had front row show! ha!

but quite truthfully, with all the drama and distrust in the organization.. .it has demoralized the community and goers.  layout of the field is poor...people want to get their food and watch the games...now people get their food and gotta eat it there....but what ultimately discourages a lot of the goers is the strict enforcement of not being able to bring your own bottled water, full price admission for children and senior citizens.

i heard going forward, it will be privatized.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 08:27:26 AM »
lol

its $7 to enter
hmong folks are dirt cheap like me
no money
you lock out alot of your guest

what teenage has $7 laying around
another $20 for food

God did not created man...man created god

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:35 AM »
People finally figure it out..not for profit was all about profits for some.  Corruption at it's best, will eat away from the source.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 09:29:07 AM »
It's not a family friendly event anymore.  Us OG's remember when it was packed shoulder to shoulder back in the 90's.  Saw videos on Youtube on this year's event and it is 1/4 the size from the 90's.

Advertisements