Advertisement

Author Topic: Photos from a once in a lifetime event  (Read 10663 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Photos from a once in a lifetime event
« on: July 22, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
I say "once in a lifetime" because I may not live past another 50 years??  ??? ;D...

Anyways, here are the photos of the event for the young and old that includes activities through out the day and ending with a concert, countdown, and firework... 8) O0 :

(sp)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:05:48 AM by theking »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from a once in a lifetime event (caution: pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »
This is totally cool, thanks for sharing. O0

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from a once in a lifetime event
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 03:10:33 AM »
Yep, welcome!  8)

Learned some stuff that I didn't know such as the Astronauts own breath can suffocate them in the space station due to lack of circulation... H-Town went all out but it's only fitting because that's where it happened 50 years ago...O0

Like this post: 0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 03:17:07 AM »
Was hoping to try Pho NASA on the way back but have never seen a pho restaurant closed so early (8PM) even on Friday and Saturday.. :-\ :

Went to McDonald's and my daughter loved it especially when it has a play structure too so all good  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Even this guy came out to see what's going on  ;D:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »
Kid you not.  Had I was still living in narleans, I would be working for nasa.  Like 10 minutes behind my house is a nasa facility training center and on their lawn by the highway is half a rocket, the lower half.  Imagine being a kid and seeing this rocket booster for the very first time.  I already know then what I wanted to be when I grow up.  It is huge I tell ya. 

Plus that one year in the 80's when I was in bottle feeding school.  The whole school gathered around in the playground area and we all looked up to see a big jumbo jet carrying the space ship shuttle on her back.  It was intentional that nasa did that for us to see it. 

It was way cool. 

My uncle still to this day still bragged about his once upon a time position at that nasa training facility.  Think he was an intern cuz he was in college during the time.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
Always wanted to see those great artifacts and am a big fan of machinery. Would really like to go there someday.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 01:19:51 AM »
Kid you not.  Had I was still living in narleans, I would be working for nasa.  Like 10 minutes behind my house is a nasa facility training center and on their lawn by the highway is half a rocket, the lower half.  Imagine being a kid and seeing this rocket booster for the very first time.  I already know then what I wanted to be when I grow up.  It is huge I tell ya. 

Plus that one year in the 80's when I was in bottle feeding school.  The whole school gathered around in the playground area and we all looked up to see a big jumbo jet carrying the space ship shuttle on her back.  It was intentional that nasa did that for us to see it. 

It was way cool. 

My uncle still to this day still bragged about his once upon a time position at that nasa training facility.  Think he was an intern cuz he was in college during the time.   O0

NASA seems like a good work environment. The best part about this event is seeing the generation that was alive when Armstrong first step on the moon's surface to the very young generation now that's getting a valuable history lesson...

So agree that it was "way cool" from the young to the old.  8)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 01:22:24 AM »
Always wanted to see those great artifacts and am a big fan of machinery. Would really like to go there someday.

Lots of Asians at the event too. Asians make up a very small percentage of this country's population, but they are the second biggest demographic at that Apollo event behind Whites from my observation.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 05:35:48 PM »
Well, most Asian are interested in science, math, and technology so I wouldn't be surprised that they make up a pretty significant portion of crowds there. The Apollo event is a very important celebration and honor of the American heros whom were brave enough to venture out of space and be the first to walk on the Moon. There's just so many venues there that would enrich one's experience. I myself want to see up close to the space capsule and space suits. It's really a modern marvel...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 12:07:23 AM »
Gotta say H-Town has some really nice hotels like the Marriott we stayed at, I especially love the clean spacious lobby and there are club, gym, stores, restaurants and bars all under the same roof  O0:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:13:56 AM by theking »

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 11:24:07 AM »

It was way cool. 

That def would have been awesome if u worked there.  O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 01:33:07 AM »
That def would have been awesome if u worked there.  O0

Good to see you posting the other "LL"...You should share more photos..I still remembered those great photos of food that you shared... 8)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »
My 2 girls was around that area visiting during their road trip 2 summer ago. I don’t have pictures because my siblings didn’t take much or post them.

Their summer road trip to MN earlier this month. My girls was able to shared because my brother got them a iphone 7 plus. They told me I have to wait until they come home to see the rest. They will be home on Friday. We have one last family trip planned before our daughter leave to Spain. I just paid off her remaining balance to study abroad this morning.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 12:25:47 AM »
Good to see you posting the other "LL"...You should share more photos..I still remembered those great photos of food that you shared... 8)
:wave: hello! I don’t really venture on here much or at all. The food photos have been minimal as well but once in a while on my FB I post. O0 Y’all keep posting though!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements