Advertisement

Author Topic: check out the $300 AR-15, that I've built  (Read 6413 times)

flint-rod

Re: check out the $300 AR-15, that I've built
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »
i like guns but i enjoy fishing more... lol! i sold my savage 17 hmr to my cousin for 100 bucks... he wanted it too bad and kept on asking me for it but that 17 hmr was what i used to knock down these critters aka marmots from over 200 yards... i have a spot where i can harvest these critters every yr...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

flint-rod

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 03:54:35 PM »
hmgrock... don't get me wrong but if i had to choose between hunting or fishing... i would rather fish... and it's easier for me to carry my travel fishing rods with me where ever i travel like this...

30 pounds of cow-nose sting ray...

flint-rod

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 03:56:03 PM »
they looked at me and probably thought i was going to keep it because i'm asian... lol! catch-n-release baby...

flint-rod

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
honestly... i had too many hobbies... a man of many but a master of none... lol! now, i'm trying to focus in on just the things i really do enjoy doing...

flint-rod

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »
to zdn's point... i'm at the point of buying quality things and not just quantity junk now... as you can see... most if not all of my firearms are cheap... ain't none of them over 500 bucks... whenever i'm hunting with my brother in laws... they be using their super black eagle 2 and 3 that's 1500 to 2000... and i'm like... i can shoot just as many waterfowls and upland birds like you too but at a cheaper price of 300 dollars... so in many ways i'm like you too hmgrock... when it comes to hunting... only i've come to realize that it's what makes us happy... and with my particular group of hunters and fishermen... no one cares about what we use... we just care about limiting out or not... and most times, we don't ever limit out... we'll go and smoke a cuban cigar or two... lol!

flint-rod

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »
i am going to assume hmgrock's mentality here for a second... all you assault rifle owners... you're wasting your time and money on plinking and the zombie apocalypse that will never come... lol!

i don't own any assault rifles because it serves me no purpose... as a competitor i used to play sports when younger to achieve that adrenaline rush... then it was hunting... but now at my age... fishing gives me that high... killing an animal is too quick... i don't need fish for food but the thrill of fighting a 30 pound fish for 10 to 15 minutes... that's what i seek...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »
i am going to assume hmgrock's mentality here for a second... all you assault rifle owners... you're wasting your time and money on plinking and the zombie apocalypse that will never come... lol!

i don't own any assault rifles because it serves me no purpose... as a competitor i used to play sports when younger to achieve that adrenaline rush... then it was hunting... but now at my age... fishing gives me that high... killing an animal is too quick... i don't need fish for food but the thrill of fighting a 30 pound fish for 10 to 15 minutes... that's what i seek...

If you need a fast shooting automatic gun to shoot, you are really a bad shooter.   :2funny:

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

flint-rod

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
If you need a fast shooting automatic gun to shoot, you are really a bad shooter.   :2funny:

"spray and pray... " lol!

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »
above is my marlin 22 lr... my childhood rifle... in the middle is my 12 ga 870 remington... and below is my 12 ga over/under stoger condor...

nice guns collection
i probably add a semi auto handgun in there
can't go wrong with the smith and wesson M&P 9mm shield, i posted on the first page

also YOU ARE NOT A MAN IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN AR15  lol
so you got that to work on

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
my first ever deer at age 8/9 circa mid 80's... billings montana where i grew up... see the rifle i used... it was my marlin 22 lr...

here, i thought i was a bada$$ but danng, flint got me beat.  i have never killed anything with my guns!  ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:49 AM »
When I was 9, I was using only the slingshot. Saw a deer and just scared it away.

my first ever deer at age 8/9 circa mid 80's... billings montana where i grew up... see the rifle i used... it was my marlin 22 lr...

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »

shouldn't be using 22LR to kill deer man
bullet is too weak man

at least get center fire ammo

plus it's illegal here in wisconsin

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »

shouldn't be using 22LR to kill deer man
bullet is too weak man

at least get center fire ammo

plus it's illegal here in wisconsin
it's obvious flint is a better shooter than you...evidence, he could beat you in fishing too! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

flint-rod

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »
@ zdn...  lol! i realize that in most states the approved caliber is a .240 for big game... this doesn't excuse that i used a .22 caliber but we were on private land and the owner who was this old white dude who owned hundreds upon thousands of acres... who was also a good friend of my dad's encouraged me to shoot the deer...

.22 caliber is not recommended and im not sure at which point we as a nation got so sensitive to ethical kills... which i support whole heartedly but i assure you all... a .22 caliber placed correctly will kill a deer...

flint-rod

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »
btw... i am not trying to get anyone in trouble but my brother in law who is also a school teacher who lives in milwaukee who owns land west of madison... he hunts every year on his property with a 22 lr...  i have to admit... your wisconsin corn feed deer tastes a lot better than our high country deer because of the pine needle stench... our eastern plains deer aren't too bad tasting too...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 03:15:29 PM by flint-rod »

Advertisements