Advertisement

Author Topic: Desensitized  (Read 2639 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Desensitized
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:18:34 AM »
I don't know but I feel that in general, a lot of Americans have become desensitized to gun violence in America.  It's like a normal thing now.  We have so many mass shootings it's hard to keep count and keep track anymore.  I guess to many people, there are big money in guns even at the loss of lives.  We have two sides when it comes to gun control.  One side is irrational.  That's all I'm going to say about that. Because of the irrational side, positive changes to gun laws will be slow to happen.  Which means more lives will be lost first before anything major happens to prevent frequent/easy mass shootings.  Such a shame.

Also, crazy is the new normal these days. You've got an inexperienced reality TV star and racist acting as POTUS, making the US lose major respect from other nations.  He is a President straight out of the twilight zone.  The current POTUS is a joke.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

To stay sane, I can't help but to feel desensitized.  Internally I'm outraged but I feel so powerless when the people that we give the power to to make the right decisions don't make the right decisions.  They make decisions based on money and re-elections and not lives.  It's so discouraging!  I don't vote for politicians that don't value all human lives but other people vote for these politicians, so, what can one do?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Desensitized
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:06:28 AM »
It's indicative of a morally corrupt culture.  Everything is aimed toward a selfish individual system.  The U.S. is the most democratic country in the world but yet has the highest number of gun violence, drug problems, etc. of all civilized countries. 

It is sad but I can see this country descending into a sad future state as portrayed in many futuristic movies where the rich and powerful are living enclosed in a secured community and everyone else are left to live outside having to struggle to survive in a "mad max" environment.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:13:57 AM »
You have another side.  The side that don't vote or care about politicians.  Like your grandparents.  No matter who in office, they no care so they live without caring.

I know it is a bold approach but it keeps you sane.  If there is a problem, the market or the world will somehow correct itself and because you are also a part of the equation, you can reap in the rewards without trying or worrying or give a rat azz about it.  You wanna know why?  Cuz you have said it yourself and the keywords are your solution to your own problem.  You can't do chit so why worry about chit you can't do?

The issues to the solutions are at work right now.  You don't have to do a cot dam thing cuz another concerned citizen like yourself is already on top of it. 

Don't worry and watch how things play out like a bad movie.  It is too early for America to go down the chit hole.  It is not the end of the world and hold your feeling at a minimum cuz by next year, it should get better whether you cry about it or not. 

Politics are good to talk about for fun.  To live it, to breathe it, it will consume you.  Be like a young child we once were.  I grew up through the Reagan and bush admin and I'm still living, breathing today.  Did I worry about it?  Chit, did we even talking about it?  Exactly and that how I am going to live my life, give zero fawks about politics that may consume and pollute my good consciousness.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »
It's indicative of a morally corrupt culture.  Everything is aimed toward a selfish individual system.  The U.S. is the most democratic country in the world but yet has the highest number of gun violence, drug problems, etc. of all civilized countries. 

It is sad but I can see this country descending into a sad future state as portrayed in many futuristic movies where the rich and powerful are living enclosed in a secured community and everyone else are left to live outside having to struggle to survive in a "mad max" environment.

yeah man
i agree with you
building strong family bonds and ties

too selfish these days

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
I don't know but I feel that in general, a lot of Americans have become desensitized to gun violence in America.  It's like a normal thing now.  We have so many mass shootings it's hard to keep count and keep track anymore.  I guess to many people, there are big money in guns even at the loss of lives.  We have two sides when it comes to gun control.  One side is irrational.  That's all I'm going to say about that. Because of the irrational side, positive changes to gun laws will be slow to happen.  Which means more lives will be lost first before anything major happens to prevent frequent/easy mass shootings.  Such a shame.

Also, crazy is the new normal these days. You've got an inexperienced reality TV star and racist acting as POTUS, making the US lose major respect from other nations.  He is a President straight out of the twilight zone.  The current POTUS is a joke.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

To stay sane, I can't help but to feel desensitized.  Internally I'm outraged but I feel so powerless when the people that we give the power to to make the right decisions don't make the right decisions.  They make decisions based on money and re-elections and not lives.  It's so discouraging!  I don't vote for politicians that don't value all human lives but other people vote for these politicians, so, what can one do?
it's good to "desensitized" oneself, if you don't care.  how about being more informed and taking appropriate actions or at the very least, being open minded? 

did you know cars kill more people than guns?  take this into perspective... car accidents kill people everyday but when a plane crashes and it's headline all over the national news.  so do we ban airplanes and/or put more restrictions on air flights?  a gun is a tool, it's an option (some believe it as a right) you can have and use it to your advantage.  how you use it, is at your own discretion and quite frankly, it is the BEST tool for self defense.

my opinion of your opinion on trump is off base.  Trump is business man, he did not become a billionaire just by inheritance and he's running the country as such.  this is why you see we're having the best economy in history.  trump is negatively downplayed by the media and other politicians because of his transparency; he speaks his mind, but more importantly, with his emotions.  he's not articulate like previous president, who speaks with a verbiage that is pleasant to the ear but their words can be even more offensive.  if you don't like trump, you have the power to vote him out of the presidency...v ote for one of these democratic candidates, who will give you everything for free (education, healthcare, and free money), regardless if you're a citizen or not  BUT will tax you up to 70% (making 30cents of your hard earned dollar - try living off that?)

keep an open mind, people shooting people happens everyday and the best way to avoid that is not be a statistic.  protect yourself, even the police are not obligated to save you.  before you express your dissatisfactio n with the current administration, you should consider your living situation.  from what i can tell, sounds like you're doing very well, having a job, owning two homes...not very much people are able to do that under democratic rule.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

you're already seeing this now...democratic senators living in gated communities, while zombies flood the streets.  examples here are among the worst in the country; nancy pelosi's district of  san francisco, E. Cummings of Baltimore, maxine waters of LA.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 10:11:46 AM »
How US gun culture compares with the world?  Americans own ~46% of all civilian-owned guns worldwide.  Gun ownership is NOT the problem.  Going mental and owning guns is a deadly mix.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »
1. Change (specifically societal shifts) is more sudden and less gradual.
2. Trying to meet the demands and needs of individuals and not just the majority.
3. Information; the speed of which it is spread, truth vs false information and social media.
4. Isolationism vs Globalism.

Don't let politics and fear sway you from reading up on any of these issues. It's a complex issue that often times get oversimplified for the masses.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »
How US gun culture compares with the world?  Americans own ~46% of all civilian-owned guns worldwide.  Gun ownership is NOT the problem.  Going mental and owning guns is a deadly mix.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html

Many of the recent articles have stated the vast differences between the United States and many other countries. I agree it's not simply an issue with owning a gun, it's everything else involved.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/how-do-u-s-gun-laws-compare-to-other-countries

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »

Good for you. Don't buy into the political bs. Just live your life and take care of your family. The whole system is to manipulate the minds of citizens to keep the wheels turning. It's a F'up system but it works for the most part.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »
... at the very least, being open minded

From the "TDS"..??  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »
Gun control is a tough issue.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:24:57 AM »
I'm losing hope in our gov't because all these mass shooting hasn't done anything to change gun legislation and the current guy in the WH and the leader of the Rep. party need to take out the gun legislation that's sitting on their desk, collecting dust... and do something about it so we don't hear about another mass shooting in the future.

Our current gov't/leader is in denial.  Recently you hear statements like guns don't kill it's people.  The world has become less and less safe for sure!

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
I'm losing hope in our gov't because all these mass shooting hasn't done anything to change gun legislation and the current guy in the WH and the leader of the Rep. party need to take out the gun legislation that's sitting on their desk, collecting dust... and do something about it so we don't hear about another mass shooting in the future.

Our current gov't/leader is in denial.  Recently you hear statements like guns don't kill it's people.  The world has become less and less safe for sure!
gun laws are some of the restrictive legislation there is and yet, it has not stopped mass shootings.  chicago has the most strict gun laws imposed and almost every weekend there's a mass shooting (they just had one, the same weekend as el paso and dayton).  we can certainly try to reduce it (mass shootings) but to put a stop it, is unrealistic.  you are best to provide a strategy and defend yourself when it occurs, than to rely on the government to save you.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »

It is hard to pull the trigger when your friends all depending on you for guns. 

Obviously, something needs to be done to quiet down the crowds. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements