Advertisement

Author Topic: I resent my parents. They never helped out with my wedding  (Read 2114 times)

Anonymous

Re: I resent my parents. They never helped out with my wedding
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:15 PM »
even if the wife passed away young or we got a divorced and the in laws want nothing to do with me anymore, it's not like my own parents will even be there for me anyway. Makes no difference.

One thing ducked up about many Hmong OG parents is that they would favor one over the others greatly. My oldest sister is the most successful out of all the daughters, yet my parents favored the most ducked up daughter. Same with the sons too. They favored the 2 black sheeps in the family.

At this point in life, my own parents really make no difference in my life. I can provide for myself even on my own.  They only saw worth in me when I was their bank. They tripped at me for moving out, but the 2 black sheeps moved out 10 yrs earlier and they never tripped. They even bribed them to move back in at one point.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 12:15:21 AM »
seems like you resent more than your parents.. lol

obv this still bothers you or else why would you come on here and mope and whine? you've already made up your mind. you don't need to justify your actions to any of us. putting your own kin down only says a lot about you. you want us to make you feel better or sumthin? seems like you have a lot of siblings to pick up the slack so suck it up and move on..

you grown man!

i'm never having ungrateful kids... haha

Offline hmgROCK

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +103
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 07:36:57 AM »
when i got married
i didn't plan my wedding like you
a year in advance

lol

i did two wedding too
a hmong wedding
a the meeka wedding at the court house in front of the judge   O0
that's it

my father in law don't the bride price
he just want to eat a cow only

God did not created man...man created god

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »
For as much as you insist this isn't about money, you sure bring up $$$ equating to love quite often. Just saying.

Not everyone shows emotions (Love) externally. You felt that when the in-laws gave you and your wife money, that was Love. Because your parents did not, you assumed they didn't Love you.

What about everything that led up to that moment? Someone gave birth to you, raised you, fed you and drove you around before you could drive yourself. Someone must have bought you clothes, toys and money to go out with friends.

Before you go burning any bridges, consider where you'd be without your parents and their Love.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
What about everything that led up to that moment? Someone gave birth to you, raised you, fed you and drove you around before you could drive yourself. Someone must have bought you clothes, toys and money to go out with friends.
that's what responsible parents should do. parents are responsible for raising their kids up, not raising them old.

op, you should tell us your age so we can judge you more lol also, look into therapy cus you seem to have unresolved issues. there's no shame in asking for help. overall, quit being salty lol

God can punish me for all I care. God should understand where I am coming from.
omg. i hope whatever god you believe in have better things to do with their time. you're kinda selfish.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
even if the wife passed away young or we got a divorced and the in laws want nothing to do with me anymore, it's not like my own parents will even be there for me anyway. Makes no difference.

One thing ducked up about many Hmong OG parents is that they would favor one over the others greatly. My oldest sister is the most successful out of all the daughters, yet my parents favored the most ducked up daughter. Same with the sons too. They favored the 2 black sheeps in the family.

At this point in life, my own parents really make no difference in my life. I can provide for myself even on my own.  They only saw worth in me when I was their bank. They tripped at me for moving out, but the 2 black sheeps moved out 10 yrs earlier and they never tripped. They even bribed them to move back in at one point.

Your parents concept in raising their kids is about spot on.  So you made it, congratulation and so now, you need to get the fawk out.  It is those that are still struggling that the parents should worried about the most. 

If you have that many kids, you can't equally split the candy bar down the middle.  It may seems wrong but that's your parent's ideology on how they want to raise their kids.  Be grateful that they did not put a pillow to your face when you were young.   O0

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 09:54:29 AM »
Son, no matter how bad you think your parents are, they give you life, gave a roof over your head, food on the table, clothes on your back, raised you, and didn't abandon you to some orphanage, raised by strangers, etc.

Hope all of you find healing, forgiveness, and repair whatever needed to repair.  Life is short and should not be full of bitterness and regret.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
i hate people who think mom & dad owe them everything.

Like this post: +1

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
OP. You sound like a 15yrs old kid. Time to grow up and start living your life to how you want it to be. Kids nowadays wanna be like Ameeka? When your 18yrs old. Move out. Live like those Ameeka ppl. Start learning that life isn't all that easy as they thought it to be.
I wish I can go back to live with my old man and Ma. I mean I would be a rich a$$ single HmnG guy.  Dam all those ladies showing up at my door steps.
Time to move out and on. And look back at this thread when you have kids on your own.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 03:41:58 AM »
When it comes to the money part, it's understandable if they didn't contribute much since you've already had two previous marriages. However, the fact that they are rude to your wife and her family is upsetting.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 08:47:12 PM »
Kids nowadays don't respect their parents anyways. So why would they help pay for their kids wedding? Kids bad mouthing back to their parents are as good as I have no sons. Back when I was growing up. I never yell or call them stupid ever. Kids now have no respect for their parents. Not to mention not wanting to learn anything, but at the end. My parents never taught me anything. Stupid kids, smh.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
still going at it.  grow up!

Advertisements