Advertisement

Author Topic: More than just a friend?  (Read 69086 times)

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
More than just a friend?
« on: August 14, 2019, 05:02:56 PM »
A guy got out of a marriage. He is adjusting himself to being single again. Several weeks later he met a single widow woman and they continue seeing each other. They both spend at least 2hrs to 3hrs on social media, phone and texting everyday. He only want to be friend with her but she wants be more than just a friend. He is trying to hookup his friend with her. She never meet his friend in person yet and she isn't interested in his friend. They still spend time with each other. Do you consider them as being friend? If you were the guy and she already turn down your friend without meet him in person yet what would you do?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: More than just a friend?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »
Yes, still friends, and I would continue to be just a friend if I have no romantic interest in her...I have several female friends that I have known for many years and we are still friends so this would be no different...

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:46:44 AM »
become friends with benefits...it will eventually lead into something else (hopefully, a real relationship). ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »
The guy just got out of a marriage and looks like he's not ready for a relationship at the moment.  If she's interested in him tell her to be patient, give him time.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 01:49:25 PM »
Men and women can BE platonic friends, first of all.

If I were in the guy's shoes I'd let my feelings be known. No need to stay silent and ruin a good friendship.

As a side note, speaking from experience, it'll suck being in her shoes. Unrequited love is not without hurt feelings.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 04:44:29 PM »

True Fact!!!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 01:18:43 AM »
No wonder she can't let go now.

A guy got out of a marriage. He is adjusting himself to being single again. Several weeks later he met a single widow woman and they continue seeing each other. They both spend at least 2hrs to 3hrs on social media, phone and texting everyday. He only want to be friend with her but she wants be more than just a friend. He is trying to hookup his friend with her. She never meet his friend in person yet and she isn't interested in his friend. They still spend time with each other. Do you consider them as being friend? If you were the guy and she already turn down your friend without meet him in person yet what would you do?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 05:10:02 AM »
I'm not that guy...so....no clue.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 05:09:21 AM »
If he isn't romantically interested then he shouldn't bother befriending her since she does have feelings for him. He definitely should not spend time with her, but looks like he already has and now he'll have to go cold turkey.   

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 02:00:00 AM »

If I were in the guy's shoes I'd let my feelings be known. No need to stay silent and ruin a good friendship.

As a side note, speaking from experience, it'll suck being in her shoes. Unrequited love is not without hurt feelings.

I just don't believe in this at all. I don't have any guys who just wanted to be "friends" with me. If they aren't trying to get in the pants then they want a relationship. I know guys who I'm civil with because we have to work together but I don't consider them friends.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 02:06:39 AM »

A guy once told me it's not good to fall for a man who only calls you for life advice and to distract him from his problems. I don't mind counseling guys because I like helping people with problems. But I know that I would never fall for them.

Offline navy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 12:06:06 PM »

if they want to be friends say so. if they want to be more then say so. being stationed in many parts of the world I learned to just be upfront with women. i have lots of women friends and some we do more things and others i say i'm not interested.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2023, 11:48:48 PM »
If he still values her as a friend then just be sure to keep it at a friendship level. That means no flirting or mixed signals. If she continues to push it then that will be on her.

The real question is how did things initially begin? If he gave her signs that he was interested then it is kind of his fault. He gave her false hopes. You can't start off showing a lot of romantic interest and now you just want to be friends.

I'm sure he would feel very hurt if someone did that to him. Especially since men tend to be the one doing the pursuing and making the effort in the beginning. It would suck if the woman just suddenly says, "I just want to be friends. Yes, after you spent all that time and money on me because I told you that I like you in a romantic way. But now I just want to be friends."

Advertisements