Advertisement

Author Topic: I say they charged the right people in this case  (Read 7641 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I say they charged the right people in this case
« on: August 15, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
Homeowner shot a 14-year-old during burglary attempt. The 5 other teens with him were charged with murder

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/14/5-teens-charged-murder-14-year-old-shot-by-homeowner-during-burglary-attempt/2013790001/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: I say they charged the right people in this case
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 05:53:31 PM »
I don't see how that justifies charging the teens with murder. There's something wrong with this judgment.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 01:01:48 AM »
I still see it as the right people being charged and I hope this discourages others that plan rob and steal as a group as members of the group can be still liable when something like this case happens...

Basically, their commission of a forcible felony crime resulted in their 14-year-old group member being shot and killed was a result of their commission of a burglary.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:52:27 AM »
I don't see how that justifies charging the teens with murder. There's something wrong with this judgment.
it's one of those felony-murder laws.  perpetrator(s) can be charged for the death of their accomplice(s) in the act of a felonious crime.

same concept as if all the teen would have been charged with murder had they killed the homeowner. 

the ruling would be correct, they got they homie dead! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »
it's one of those felony-murder laws.  perpetrator(s) can be charged for the death of their accomplice(s) in the act of a felonious crime.

same concept as if all the teen would have been charged with murder had they killed the homeowner. 

the ruling would be correct, they got they homie dead! ha!

If they killed the home owner than I can see it that they deserved the murder charges. But just because they try to rob the home owner but got one of their friend killed and now they'd to serve time for murder is utterly ridiculous still. What a waste of tax payer money and no, it does not deter people from burglary. If anything, it encourages burglars going guns blazing!

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
I don’t see a problem with this. If in Cali, everybody involved would be potentially screwed including home owner.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »
In other news, this Korean guy gets charged with 2nd degree murder for shooting a guy who fought with him because the dude tried to steal cigarettes from his store.

article:
https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article68806547.html

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »
In other news, this Korean guy gets charged with 2nd degree murder for shooting a guy who fought with him because the dude tried to steal cigarettes from his store.

article:
https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article68806547.html

An incident that happened over 3 years ago is "news"..??  ???  :idiot2:

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
If they killed the home owner than I can see it that they deserved the murder charges. But just because they try to rob the home owner but got one of their friend killed and now they'd to serve time for murder is utterly ridiculous still. What a waste of tax payer money and no, it does not deter people from burglary. If anything, it encourages burglars going guns blazing!
it's quite common sense...no one is to blame except for his accomplices... had they not invite him on a felony scheme, he would still be alive.  granted he might have gone on his own accord, another example:  if your son went on a crime spree and he got killed, you don't blame the homeowner nor the police, you blame his friends!

if you think it's an encouragement, i would say think again.  if you don't get shot, you get charged for the murder of your friend (it's like double jeopardy).  and to argue about taxpayers's money...i would say, all these criminals should have gotten shot and dead...it would save tax payers a whole lot more money and make our communities safer! ha!

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Advertisements