Advertisement

Author Topic: At my grandma's funeral........ I got to see Judge Paul Lo.........  (Read 1412 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
I never knew he is a Pastor for Lao E. church here in Merced.  He was previous church member at Merced C&MA. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: At my grandma's funeral........ I got to see Judge Paul Lo.........
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
He is a very smart person and can articulate things well. I knew him since the 80s...

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 01:36:38 PM »
My father used to be the pastor for lao E. Church long ago. I thought they all broke up. Guess there's still at least one left. Good to hear. Yeah, he was my lawyer when I got in a car accident long ago.  Great guy, really looked out for my interest.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 01:45:58 PM »
^^^

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It just goes to show that by making the right choices, one person can go on to become a well-respected judge in the Hmong community. Meanwhile, some will try to earn reputation points by association.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
My father used to be the pastor for lao E. Church long ago. I thought they all broke up. Guess there's still at least one left. Good to hear. Yeah, he was my lawyer when I got in a car accident long ago.  Great guy, really looked out for my interest.

Cause and effect.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

So while your family was living off church member's tithing, you all were also receiving government assistance?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »

There are still plenty of Lao E. church.  I'm not sure about Fresno branch.  I know Merced and Santa Ana does because I know people who are previous or current member.  Here in Merced church members that are all Hmong is C&MA, Lao E. and Baptist.  Hmong members that joined others are Mormon and Jehovah W.  Church Tong Vaam Vaaj abandoned little church is still standing in south side.  Hmong Catholic the one in Fresno that we see on tv......... I actually have few childhood friends who are member there. 

Paul was never our lawyer but we had few consultation with him on behalf of others.  My husband has plenty of clients who hired him or he take on their case.  A few that don't win actually will tried their case with the Mormon guy who is a lawyer in Fresno that speak Hmong. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
Cause and effect.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

So while your family was living off church member's tithing, you all were also receiving government assistance?

They pay Pastor so well.  My parents church pay their Pastor 4k  full time or $2500  part time. 

Pastor we had in the past...... I was too young so don't know how much our church was paying them.  They were receiving gov assistance.  Nowadays Pastor for a C&MA church is a 10 year term.  They also get vacation time. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 03:22:11 PM »
Don't you mean Txawj Vaag?

There are still plenty of Lao E. church.  I'm not sure about Fresno branch.  I know Merced and Santa Ana does because I know people who are previous or current member.  Here in Merced church members that are all Hmong is C&MA, Lao E. and Baptist.  Hmong members that joined others are Mormon and Jehovah W.  Church Tong Vaam Vaaj abandoned little church is still standing in south side.  Hmong Catholic the one in Fresno that we see on tv......... I actually have few childhood friends who are member there. 

Paul was never our lawyer but we had few consultation with him on behalf of others.  My husband has plenty of clients who hired him or he take on their case.  A few that don't win actually will tried their case with the Mormon guy who is a lawyer in Fresno that speak Hmong.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements