Advertisement

Author Topic: Pastors who gossip from the pulpit  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Pastors who gossip from the pulpit
« on: September 15, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
How do you guys feel about pastors who use other people's personal issues to make a point while preaching? Sometimes they'll even claim that they know best because the person is related to them. I object to such pastors using their position to spread gossip from the pulpit. Sounds like fake news mainstream media using air time to spread their personal political views instead of reporting news.   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Re: Pastors who gossip from the pulpit
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:39:41 AM »
You mean Salad Vang?  ;D

Like this post: +1
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
If there is no name sharing and being anonymous, someone else may use your stories to help better their lives. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
Seen it. Heard it.

Betrayal of confidence, imo. There's no positive spin to it. Not the type of individual you'd want in charge of any congregation (or anyone for that matter).

Oh the stories I could tell...

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 10:36:42 PM »
The Hmong are such a close-knit community that somebody is bound to figure out the identity of the person in the anecdotal story. Or at the very least, think they have an idea of whom the pastor is gossiping about. And the thing is that some of these pastors are biased so they may not even be presenting an accurate picture of what happened. Anyways, the Bible provides so many rich stories and characters that a pastor should not need to bring up anybody in our Hmong communities. I happen to know that in Jewish teaching, they often only refer to Biblical persons to teach and illustrate the law.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 02:56:40 AM »
If there is no name sharing and being anonymous, someone else may use your stories to help better their lives.

Not cool if it is a local pastor who is sharing a local person's story.  I was taught that your conversation with your local pastor is between you, him and you god.  A pastor can sin by sharing your sins with others. 

"In the Catholic Church, the Seal of Confession (or Seal of the Confessional) is the absolute duty of priests not to disclose anything that they learn from penitents during the course of the Sacrament of Penance (confession). Even where the seal of confession does not strictly apply – where there is no specific serious sin confessed for the purpose of receiving absolution – priests have a serious obligation not to cause scandal by the way they speak"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_the_Confessional_in_the_Catholic_Church

but cool if such pastor is a guest in another town so of speak where being anonymous is really being anonymous. 

Just like a shrink or fortune teller.  If they keep it vague, you might think they are talking to you, about you and there is a science behind it.  If I'm doing a public speaking, I'll win if I can catch your attention and no other than building up a story to stop you from falling asleep.  I am not really talking about you but if you can take today's lesson and apply it to your life then my job as a pastor will be a success.   You can't be a preacher if you don't preach or your audiences refuses to listen. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 12:52:43 AM »
Dafuq is a Pastor? Is a fake leader without anointment of holy spirit spreading false gospels to entire congregation?  :2funny:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements