Advertisement

Author Topic: Where have you travel to this year?  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Where have you travel to this year?
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »
Let's see, originally I was supposed to take a road trip to the West but time was a factor so I flew to CO and did my road trip from there.  I was at Yellowstone and surroundings and then came back to CO and did some sight seeing there.  It was nice and my first time.  Next time, I would not mind heading to CO and do more traveling from there.

What about you, where have travel this year?  How was it? 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Quest

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Where have you travel to this year?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »
This year:
Brussels, Ghent, Amsterdam, Glasgow, Edinburg

To date:
Malaysia (2 trips), Singapore (4 trips), Taiwan (2 trips), China (over a dozen trips), HK (6 trips), Vietnam, Thailand (over a dozen trips), S. Korea (2 trips), Japan (3 trips), UK (4 trips), Belgium (3 trips), Poland, Ukraine, Mexico, Italy, Greece

The more you travel, the more you appreciate what you have here in the States. I don't consider domestic trips as travel trips...but I do need to travel more in the States.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 08:52:03 AM »
Quest, yes you've been traveling.  Now do you travel for work or for enjoyment?  Also, you've been to quite a few Asian countries, which one is your favorite and why?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 12:08:59 AM »
There are only four countries I've ever traveled to so far: Canada, French Guiana, Thailand and Laos.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Quest

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 05:02:52 PM »
Quest, yes you've been traveling.  Now do you travel for work or for enjoyment?  Also, you've been to quite a few Asian countries, which one is your favorite and why?

Half of these are for work and I usually stay up to two weeks on these trips. Asia countries typically go above and beyond when they host guests so I tend to enjoy my work trips to Asia more. For non-work trips, I struggle with finding things to do beyond the 3rd day so the preferred length of stay at any particular location is 3 nights max. I am not sure if there is a favorite country but the vacation trips with family are more memorable. I am quite open when it comes to trying local food so if I'm there for work and I find the food worth returning, I'll consider a vacation trip there with my family. Sometimes, the new friends I make on some of these trips are good enough reasons to return. Ever tried haggis while in Scotland or raw chicken in Tokyo?  yum yum. I've had some of the best food while in China. I've also had the worst food in China! The sad truth about experiencing great food in Thailand and Vietnam... when you return back to the States, you can't find any restaurants worth comparing to.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 09:52:40 AM »
Yuck! I don't think I can take haggis or raw chicken.  But wonderful you got experience a little taste before vacationing.  Lucky you!  But i'm thinking it must be tiresome sometimes always on the go...life in a hotel.

Offline Quest

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 03:11:48 PM »
The jet lag is what makes it so tiresome. Try doing 4 countries in two weeks. Last year, I ran out of pages on my passport for entry/exit stamps. yikes.

Enjoyment also depends on the quality of hotel. If I'm on the move and there for a night only, I'm okay staying in cheap hotels as long as they are somewhat clean. Two or more nights, I need clean sheets and a good atmosphere. I also hate the feeling of eating alone. You can have the best dishes but if you're eating alone, you can't really enjoy it. Just yesterday, I was at the airport cafe and was grouped with another traveler to share a table. So awkward. The guy signed a bill for $70 breakfast, not knowing he paid for my meal as well, and rushed off to catch his flight.

traveling as i type!!!  ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 08:34:32 AM »
Why don't you take us on your travels ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Snap some pix of places you're visiting so we can also get a glimpse ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and then we too can decide if we want to visit such a place ;D ;D ;D ;D

Agree on the jet lag...especial ly for those longggg flights.

By the way, what country are you in right now?

Offline Quest

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
Was in the East coast, now I’m back in Cali. Nothing beats the weather here on the central coast Ca. I love getting back to a warm winter.

I’ll see if I can find any pictures worth sharing...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »
I was in NYC recently, first time visiting.  What a bustling city and life is as busy above ground as underground ahhahah.  For sure, no worries if a tornado(or two or three) should ever appear.  I was staying right in the middle of those big neon screens.  Since it was my first time, I wanted to try something "iconic" about the big apple so went for cheese cake and pizza...  I went to that pizza place that Lady Gaga stopped by, where they made them fresh, where you see the pizza guy tossing the dough in the air..... pizza was not bad..  The cheese cake...hmmm... very nice, also from a famous place. 

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »
was gonna go to china to see the great wall but since they have that virus out break, might have to shift my way to europe maybe paris

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 11:27:58 AM »
was gonna go to china to see the great wall but since they have that virus out break, might have to shift my way to europe maybe paris
Looks like you may have to wait a little longer.  It's getting pretty serious in China right  now.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 01:06:54 PM »
Even cruise ship is cheap as hell.  They port in miami going the st. thomas, purto rico bahama route

or port san diego, going the cabo route

I'm not taking any chances either.  Domestic I will go cuz imagine going at the wrong time and outbreak even further and no one gets to go into the usa so you are stuck outside the zone, with no way home. 

Eff that. Not worth it.  I'll catch aids in vegas.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Joycompany

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 01:32:10 PM »
Malaysia. 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 03:34:55 PM »
Malaysia.
Never been to Malaysia, how was it?
america, it's kinda crazy here
Got to avoid the crazy part... go find nature and you'll be OK.

Advertisements