Advertisement

Author Topic: Resignation, why the please accept my resignation?...  (Read 6455 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Resignation, why the please accept my resignation?...
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
Ok. So today, I had it with my work place. I have spent 11 years of my life working for the company, has always been considerate of the company and my coworkers well being knowing my actions can affect them, and even work my butt off filling multiple roles just to keep the damn company alive. Today, the manager actually had the gals to threaten me with a write up because I refused to obey his wrong instructions after talking back at him and contradicting him. At this moment, I don't feel like I can work with this incoherent bastard. All the people he hires usually has some kind of problems, usually never shows on time, or calls in w/no show, and sits around watching youtube. They don't show, he has to pick up the slacks and deals with angry callers. I understand he's got lots of stress and just got divorced not long ago too but to threaten me and claims he knows it all just pushed the wrong button. I'd put up with him long enough.

As of right now, I'm writing my resignation letter. My question is, why do I need to include this line, "Please accept my resignation..." in all likelihood that my employer will refuse to acknowledge it? Has this ever happened before where the employer refuses to accept an employee's resignation letter? If that happens what can I expect to do? I'd worked long enough to know that if my employer had someone just as capable, my employer would have replaced me long ago. But because they can't fill my shoes, they left me alone and don't even dare to fire me; Except for the manager. With my conflict with the manager, I believe it's best to avoid the bastard by handing my letter to some else up in the chain don't you folks think so? 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Resignation, why the please accept my resignation?...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »
To MR. **** BOSS,

I am writing to notify you I am resigning from my position, NOT YOUR haha NO MORE effective XYZ date.

Thank you,

Employee 1234.

Like this post: 0

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »
I just gave notice too.  They gave me a new boss and a new role.  I got tired of it and I left.  Essentially, they were managing me out because the company lost 30% of their revenue.  So I did both of us a favor.  After my stocks vest, I may file for unemployment because I have a good cause.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 10:57:27 AM »
How you word your statement is up to you. There's no standard, so long as you give the meaning that you are quitting.

You don't have to include "Please accept..."  You can just tell them you are resigning and will be leaving by such and such a date. Best if you give them two weeks to one month. Also, "Please accept..." further means they have to take it, regardless of whether they want to or not.

Employers have no choice if you are leaving. If they want to keep you, they'll offer a better deal to induce you to stay. But that's still up to you if you want to consider their deal or not. Otherwise, they'll just let you go.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »
cot dayam they updated my computer and all my older emails were lost.  My other coworker went out with a bang.  She wrote a manifesto that drills out her superiors.  She CC it to all and I mean all, global chains and branches of my company. 

Was gonna hook you up with her template and you'll be golden. 

She did it for the rest of us.  Now we are just chilling until retirement.  EZ money 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »
Maybe you can use your knowledge for extra gains. I’ve done this a few times and gotten raises and promotions just because certain positions are vital to everyday success.  I’ve even volunteered to be laid off when they were looking for volunteers to be laid off and was denied. Not a better sign than that.  Guess I need to retire or quit lol

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 01:30:14 PM »
There isn't really a right or wrong way to state your resignation.

Just be mindful of burning any bridges. Especially if you're looking to use your previous employer as reference.

Otherwise give a date 2 weeks from your last date of employment.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/formal-resignation-letter-sample-2063058

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
Thanks guys. It isn't a difficult decision to make since I'd put up with the company long enough. I just hope that they'll honor my leaving and do not bother me once I'd left. I've seem them calling back former coworkers to comeback and explain their work to new comers. I find that ridiculous!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
The link's advice is wrong. You don't have to include this third part: "and your best wishes for a smooth transition."

Include only what makes sense. That statement doesn't make sense. How will they operate on such wishes?

Thanks guys. It isn't a difficult decision to make since I'd put up with the company long enough. I just hope that they'll honor my leaving and do not bother me once I'd left. I've seem them calling back former coworkers to comeback and explain their work to new comers. I find that ridiculous!

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 12:12:40 AM »
There isn't really a right or wrong way to state your resignation.

Just be mindful of burning any bridges. Especially if you're looking to use your previous employer as reference.

Otherwise give a date 2 weeks from your last date of employment.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/formal-resignation-letter-sample-2063058

Overall, very good advice.  Negative feedback (telling the whole truth) is not something you should normally give.  The company had plenty of opportunities to obtain those gold nuggets and when you are leaving is not the right time.  Unless you absolutely care about your colleagues and you think your feedback is going to help the company move forward, don't  bother.  Most of the time, the company will take any negative feedback as sour grape.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 03:55:24 PM »
Brown-nose, influence up, manage up, etc...  It is a necessary thing to do as an employee.  Why?  Manager want to trust you as a person, and trust in your capability is not enough for promotion.  You need both...if they had to choose, they would choose someone they trust as a person and train the person for capability.  Hence, the saying goes that integrity is above all else.  Why is that?  Trust = integrity + competency.  Integrity is innate of who you are...competen cy can be obtained through training.  More so, someone who does not have integrity can royally mess things up like cheat, lie, and steal.

So whatever you do, become a trustworthy person to your leadership.  It's a relationship thing versus a competency thing.  Competency is easy to prove, and trust is hard to earn.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
I just gave notice too.  They gave me a new boss and a new role.  I got tired of it and I left.  Essentially, they were managing me out because the company lost 30% of their revenue.  So I did both of us a favor.  After my stocks vest, I may file for unemployment because I have a good cause.
  Unemployment is gonna be tougher to get if you resigned.

Like this post: +1

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 10:23:35 AM »
Ok. So today, I had it with my work place. I have spent 11 years of my life working for the company, has always been considerate of the company and my coworkers well being knowing my actions can affect them, and even work my butt off filling multiple roles just to keep the damn company alive. Today, the manager actually had the gals to threaten me with a write up because I refused to obey his wrong instructions after talking back at him and contradicting him. At this moment, I don't feel like I can work with this incoherent bastard. All the people he hires usually has some kind of problems, usually never shows on time, or calls in w/no show, and sits around watching youtube. They don't show, he has to pick up the slacks and deals with angry callers. I understand he's got lots of stress and just got divorced not long ago too but to threaten me and claims he knows it all just pushed the wrong button. I'd put up with him long enough.

As of right now, I'm writing my resignation letter. My question is, why do I need to include this line, "Please accept my resignation..." in all likelihood that my employer will refuse to acknowledge it? Has this ever happened before where the employer refuses to accept an employee's resignation letter? If that happens what can I expect to do? I'd worked long enough to know that if my employer had someone just as capable, my employer would have replaced me long ago. But because they can't fill my shoes, they left me alone and don't even dare to fire me; Except for the manager. With my conflict with the manager, I believe it's best to avoid the bastard by handing my letter to some else up in the chain don't you folks think so?
  you can try this:

Dear YAX,

This is my formal notification that I am respectfully resigning from my position as XXX effective [date].  [add anything else you want here]

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 07:44:42 PM »
  Unemployment is gonna be tougher to get if you resigned.

I know...it's complex.  Change in job duty, without training, following direction and after obeying direction, I was told I didn't do my job duty, without a new job description, and then told by my manager that if he was so-and-so (the last guy who held this role) he would have quit...He meant that I should quit too.  All of this was because Sales missed their numbers and the new President needed more middle managers to quit.  I have a case but you are very correct...very tough.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »
I believe it is call constructive discharge. when your employer is deliberately trying to get you to quit. making the workplace unpleasant for you. seek a good attourney and start documenting. everytime you talk to hr, asked to be documented and ask for a copy about the time, subject discussed, and possibly a witness..if that doesn't work. make it clear to them you are documenting everything and possibly even have your attourney notify your employer of the situation.

make em take you seriously..hah a play them at their own game. of course this is just what i would do. maybe you're hoping for things to turn around. but for me personally, if its a shitty job to begin with and no longer plan to stay anyway...i make sure they know this Asian don't fuuk around when it comes to business..haha

i only went this far once or twice with shitty jobs that wasn't really worth going through all the hassles...but i was bored and my pride too big...lols

otherwise, do what majority of people do...just look for a new job. possibly even changing career. it's about finding your niche...everyt hing in life is..IMO

Yup!  At least be honest about it and just give us a severance package but companies who are terrible will make their leaders do dirt to their own people to force them out to avoid severance and unemployment.  Leaders like this ruins their reputation and the reputation of the company they are entrusted to operate.

Advertisements