Advertisement

Author Topic: Why I'm in favor of Death with Dignity, and no, this Teacher is not flint-rod  (Read 667 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..Much simpler than this mess IMO  ???:

Son who threw his terminally ill 79-year-old mother to her death spared jail

A teacher who threw his terminally ill 79-year-old mother to her death from a first-floor balcony spared jail as judge describes it as a "mercy killing".

A "devoted, loving son" who killed his dying mother to end her suffering by dropping her from a first floor fire escape at a care home has been given a suspended jail term.

Robert Knight, 53, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his 79-year-old mother June at an earlier hearing at Basildon Crown Court.

The languages teacher had denied murder and was cleared by a jury.

Judge Samantha Leigh, sentencing Knight at Basildon Crown Court on Friday, told him: "You are someone who acted out of love and desperation.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Do you think anyone and everyone who committed the same crime would have received the same sentence?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I don't think so which is why I think death with dignity should become a universal law so those that can't bare their terminal illness and pain can choose to die in dignity as well as a more humane way than being thrown from the balcony.

Advertisements