Advertisement

Author Topic: Can God ignore your prayers?  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
Re: Can God ignore your prayers?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 12:16:42 AM »
Those are his two sins compare the rest. It's 2 points dock off from the ten commandments. That's a B+. At least he tried to live decently, unlike King David.

At first he's sinless and tried to live decently, now he got two sins. More contradictory again.  ;D

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 12:58:01 AM »
But that doesn't answer my question that I expect: "Was he perfect?" NO!

Seems like you changed into a whole different person now, huh. BUSTED!!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »
The Prayer in the Garden

The best way to understand God is from Jesus's prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Jesus prayed for God to take the cup from Jesus but since Jesus had a purpose, God sent an angel to empower him.  The cup means the cup of wraith and in this case, the sacrificial lamb for the sins of all humanity.  Note that Jesus dying for the sins of all humanity is not bound to temporal.  ANYONE, who believes in Jesus will be saved.  Even those who died as the judgment of mankind have not passed.  This last piece is controversial, but I firmly believe a God not bound by the temporal nature of man, will not judge the man on the temporal sin but more so the sinful nature of his/her complete life and finality of the conclusion.  Why do I say this?  The greatest suffering and wisdom do not happen until the very final stage of our life.  In fact, I argue that our life's lesson from child to adulthood brings into focus in our final days as we suffer in our golden years.  Look at Jesus, the final stages of his human life he was tormented by Satan and then the very purpose of him.  And in the final stage and the finality of his human experience as man-God, Jesus completes his purpose as willed by God.

What we learn from the prayer in the garden is God does hear all prayers, but he does not answer all prayers because God has a great purpose for us IF we are obedient.  As you can see, Jesus was obedient throughout his human life until his ascension as the lamb.

Rephrasing your question:
1) Can a man command God through prayers?  No.
2) Can God hear all prayers from men?  Yes.

Source: Matthew 26:36-46, Luke 22:39-46, Mark 14:32-42

Advertisements