Advertisement

Author Topic: Well it is Wisconsin so not too surprised  (Read 882 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Well it is Wisconsin so not too surprised
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:49:51 PM »
 ???:

University apologizes for touting diverse student body with video of all-white students

The University of Wisconsin-Madison has issued an apology after its homecoming committee touted the diversity of the student body in a video featuring almost exclusively white students on campus.

The student-created video, which was released on Facebook this Sunday (and has since been deleted), became the target of criticism on social media immediately when students pointed out that the “underrepresented populations” mentioned had been left out of the feature entirely. “We represent 127 countries and all 50 states,” the video’s narrator says as an all-white marching band appears. “We have broken barriers, made changes and can say that home is forever and always where we are.”

Payton Wade, a senior at the university, tells Yahoo Lifestyle that she was “shocked” to see the lack of representation of students of color — especially after the committee had filmed a lengthy segment with her historically black sorority, Epsilon Delta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Well it is Wisconsin so not too surprised
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »
It's ok. Let them be daring and making fools themselves. :2funny:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:14:01 AM »
When I passed through Manitowish Waters to the tallest Indian, it was all White all the time:

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »
Ah well...I was in an almost white fraternity...m aybe they accepted me because they thought I was white.  or was it some EEO thingy like you have to take at least one minority per rush?  I for sure thought I wasn't going to get invited...but. ..college is college.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements