Advertisement

Author Topic: David Yang  (Read 12770 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: David Yang
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2019, 09:53:42 AM »
Bro, why do you use the genetic argument when you know our culture historically have promoted 1st and 2nd cousin marriage of different last name.  In addition, the mitochondria are carried through the woman and not the man, and so two sisters who marry different last name and their kids marrying is exactly what our culture have historically promoted, and that's bad genetically.  So there is no scientific basis for what you are saying about a Yang marrying another Yang who is NOT close genetically.  Get over it.

Just a FYI - the Vietnamese dealt with this long time ago because Nguyen was so many they started to allow non-related Nguyen to marry.  The Vietnamese use science to rationalize why this was acceptable.  Hmong people should think more clearly with science versus use science to drive their agenda like you are.

c'mon man
it' science

if you have

man with X disease
woman with the same X disease

the chances of your offspring having X disease INCREASES

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
Bro, why do you use the genetic argument when you know our culture historically have promoted 1st and 2nd cousin marriage of different last name.  In addition, the mitochondria are carried through the woman and not the man, and so two sisters who marry different last name and their kids marrying is exactly what our culture have historically promoted, and that's bad genetically.  So there is no scientific basis for what you are saying about a Yang marrying another Yang who is NOT close genetically.  Get over it.

Just a FYI - the Vietnamese dealt with this long time ago because Nguyen was so many they started to allow non-related Nguyen to marry.  The Vietnamese use science to rationalize why this was acceptable. Hmong people should think more clearly with science versus use science to drive their agenda like you are.

exactly O0

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »
david yang responded

https://youtu.be/SdtrsnurbKI

what Yall haters have to say now besides the same o crap

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2019, 10:36:27 PM »
So, why do we point fingers at David Yang only? What about Gloria Yang? :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
So, I saw the girl, obviously he's dating becuase of the girl looks.

And not to be mean but he doesnt look all that good so I can understand why he would say yes to any good looking girl who would like him.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 12:38:27 PM »
Nothing new, some Yangs and Vangs families do practice same last name marriages. Majority of the Yangs and Vangs do not. As far as any other Hmong last names, haven’t heard or seen it yet, likely much smaller % than the Yangs or Vangs. I’m thinking that David Yang and his gf could possibly be from that Yang clan.

Those that do practice should know “all” your cousins. Which brings me to one story I’ve heard. A brother and sister orphaned and separated during the war at a young age found love and marriage later on in life. Not until one of their children was sick that modern medicine determined the couple are from same parents.

Signs of the time, if Hmong boys and girls can hook up with the same sex, last name marriages will be more common in the near future.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »
c'mon man
it' science

if you have

man with X disease
woman with the same X disease

the chances of your offspring having X disease INCREASES

Using your argument, David Yang has X disease and Gloria Yang does not have X disease.  Therefore David and Gloria's offspring will unlikely to have X disease.  Now if David Yang has X disease and Gloria Vang has X disease because they are 1st cousin, their offsprings will likely have X disease.

I just love how you use your pseudoscience to push your narratives without knowing the real details.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 03:10:25 PM »
Nothing new, some Yangs and Vangs families do practice same last name marriages. Majority of the Yangs and Vangs do not. As far as any other Hmong last names, haven’t heard or seen it yet, likely much smaller % than the Yangs or Vangs. I’m thinking that David Yang and his gf could possibly be from that Yang clan.

Those that do practice should know “all” your cousins. Which brings me to one story I’ve heard. A brother and sister orphaned and separated during the war at a young age found love and marriage later on in life. Not until one of their children was sick that modern medicine determined the couple are from same parents.

Signs of the time, if Hmong boys and girls can hook up with the same sex, last name marriages will be more common in the near future.

CG, that's very astute of you to observe that if Gays and Lesbian can marry, then the same last name without relatedness ought not to be an issue.  If Hmong can support same-sex marriage, or even ignore the issue, then why not do the same with same last name marriage of non-genetic relationship.

I am for free-choice so if two Yangs regardless of sex, as long as they are not very close genetically, they can go ahead and live the life they want.  Why am I against close cousins marrying?  Most likely you are going to have down-syndrome kids or then we the community members will have to support you with the medical cost, and that's unfair to us.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:12:38 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 06:30:27 PM »
but what I do think is happening is this. 

Hmong boy goes to hmong party and goes home empty handed.  He then rationalize that if there was a free market where he can date his last name, he would at least score with his half sister. 

something like that   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 01:48:30 AM »
Here is my two cent

David is too immature to fully understand what he is doing OR he is straight out a dumb azz.  Here is why?

1. We were all young once and when we grow older, wiser and understand life as a whole better, we realized some of the choices we make in life were beyond retard.  This is one of them.

2. David have no clue if he is related by blood to this same last name girl or not. He has no access to ALL the Yang family tree and therefore making his judgement based on what is practice freely in America/Western culture.  Failing to clearly see that Western ways don’t always apply to Hmong ways.  He’s in love and that’s how he going to roll, sister or not (scary based on how a person thinks naively).  TBH, none of these Hmong peeps who's dating same last name even do any research.  When what's between your legs starts to itch, you just roll and spit out the excuses so your needs can be met.  That's the honest truth. 

3. Being a well known Hmong person and making bad choices will hurt your reputation in the community.  When you do things like this you put yourself in a grey area and you know people will talk bad about you, its given based on the choices you make.  Not a wise person IMO, still too stupid if you ask me.  Just like when Tee Vang (the singer) posted on social media of him poaching fishes and then he deleted all the pictures after someone flagged him for being so dumb. 

4. So one day if David and her decide to call it quits, it will only prove that he wasn't so clear of what he was doing chasing a love he was not even certain about.  If I was a Hmong girl (the level headed ones of course), they should be worrying about him trying to date them after this relationship falls apart knowing it's been blasted all over social media like this.  His choices would make most mature level headed Hmong women feel disturbing about him.

5. If he’s gone so far as dating the same last name and showing it off on social media without doing his research completely makes me wonder?  What kind of a person he really is?  What does he think of other girls of the same last name when he is around them? If this doesn't bother him, what else happens behind closed doors at home? The respect level of brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, etc. has no meaning and values to him.  As a Hmong person in general, do you trust him around your sister, gf, mom, aunt, etc. because obviously there is no barriers and respect based on his mindset. 

Okay, the list goes on but I think I pretty much got this thread locked and deleted lol. When the truth is told, it is too much and be viewed as hate, I get it.  That’s why they call it THE UGLY TRUTH.           

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:54:26 AM by starchaser1989 »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 06:20:57 AM »
I am just perplexed by the amount of people who are unaware about the whole recessive trait and having offsprings with close relatives can lead to deformities, mutations, etc etc.

I thought that was basic biology taught in high school, didnt yalls do that excercise where you do the four square box to figure what would be the dominant trait etc etc?

I guess the quality of school is not so good anymore.   

The real victim would be the innocent baby born out of all this and did have some sort of disability.  It could have all been prevented. 

Im sure all these taboos had thier legitimate reasonings back in the day.

And I think it is sad that some people want to get away from this cultural rule we have.  Like someone mentioned earlier, the more we start to let things like this happen and accept it as well the more it will be normal and it will lead to other things as well. 

In the future will dating your actual sister be common placed and accepted as well?  And so on and so on?

I guess there is no actual harm in dating or fooling around with someone with the last name and if it is not serious but when you have a baby I think that is where the issue is as well.

I feel bad for the kids, think if what the other kids are going to say to them and how the old folks will talk about them.  That is alot for those kids to take on especially growing up.

But also!  If I was a hater and a rapper as well, whoooooooo he just made himself an easy peasy target!! 

Wait, aint Im a rapper too?!?!  And a hater?!?!

Anyways, I wonder how all his musician friends think about him?

Oh wells!!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2019, 05:11:33 PM »
Here is my two cent

David is too immature to fully understand what he is doing OR he is straight out a dumb azz.  Here is why?

Nope, he just has enough common sense to know that there's nothing wrong with two non-blood related strangers that happen the share the same last name hooking up..

2. David have no clue if he is related by blood to this same last name girl or not. He has no access to ALL the Yang family tree and therefore making his judgement based on what is practice freely in America/Western culture.  Failing to clearly see that Western ways don’t always apply to Hmong ways.  He’s in love and that’s how he going to roll, sister or not (scary based on how a person thinks naively).  TBH, none of these Hmong peeps who's dating same last name even do any research.  When what's between your legs starts to itch, you just roll and spit out the excuses so your needs can be met.  That's the honest truth.

NOPE, no need to "access to ALL the Yang family tree"...if he wants to know if he's related, a simple genetic test will do...

3. Being a well known Hmong person and making bad choices will hurt your reputation in the community.  When you do things like this you put yourself in a grey area and you know people will talk bad about you, its given based on the choices you make.  Not a wise person IMO, still too stupid if you ask me.  Just like when Tee Vang (the singer) posted on social media of him poaching fishes and then he deleted all the pictures after someone flagged him for being so dumb.

Maybe for the insecure one that always need others' approval or live their lives based on what others think instead of doing what's best for them...

4. So one day if David and her decide to call it quits, it will only prove that he wasn't so clear of what he was doing chasing a love he was not even certain about.  If I was a Hmong girl (the level headed ones of course), they should be worrying about him trying to date them after this relationship falls apart knowing it's been blasted all over social media like this.  His choices would make most mature level headed Hmong women feel disturbing about him.

The "call it quits" point is meh because that can apply to couples with the same or different last names...

5. If he’s gone so far as dating the same last name and showing it off on social media without doing his research completely makes me wonder?  What kind of a person he really is?  What does he think of other girls of the same last name when he is around them? If this doesn't bother him, what else happens behind closed doors at home? The respect level of brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, etc. has no meaning and values to him.  As a Hmong person in general, do you trust him around your sister, gf, mom, aunt, etc. because obviously there is no barriers and respect based on his mindset.

Again if they are not blood related, nothing wrong with it...Certainly not even as close to being as bad as what some Hmong deem OK to practice, blood related family members marrying each other i.e., blood cousins...

Okay, the list goes on but I think I pretty much got this thread locked and deleted lol. When the truth is told, it is too much and be viewed as hate, I get it.  That’s why they call it THE UGLY TRUTH.         

The "truth" is there's nothing wrong with two non-blood related complete strangers that happen to share the same last name hooking up..

I mean the Chinese and Koreans already stop following that primitive ignorant belief decades ago so it's good to see some Hmong catching up...so they can also move forward from it.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »
I am just perplexed by the amount of people who are unaware about the whole recessive trait and having offsprings with close relatives can lead to deformities, mutations, etc etc.

That's why I pointed out stupid some Hmong are for disapproving two non-blood related complete strangers that happen to share to the same last name hooking up but will approve two blood related family members hooking up.. :idiot2:

I thought that was basic biology taught in high school, didnt yalls do that excercise where you do the four square box to figure what would be the dominant trait etc etc?

I guess the quality of school is not so good anymore.

Yep, that's why there's nothing wrong with two non-blood related complete strangers that happen to share the same last name hooking up..I mean the Chinese and Koreans learned this decades ago and dropped that primitive ignorant belief..

The real victim would be the innocent baby born out of all this and did have some sort of disability.  It could have all been prevented.

Yep, that's why people that are blood related should not hook up because the chance of genetic defect is higher..

Im sure all these taboos had thier legitimate reasonings back in the day.

And I think it is sad that some people want to get away from this cultural rule we have.  Like someone mentioned earlier, the more we start to let things like this happen and accept it as well the more it will be normal and it will lead to other things as well.

Depends if the case involves blood related individuals or not...

In the future will dating your actual sister be common placed and accepted as well?  And so on and so on?

I guess there is no actual harm in dating or fooling around with someone with the last name and if it is not serious but when you have a baby I think that is where the issue is as well.

I feel bad for the kids, think if what the other kids are going to say to them and how the old folks will talk about them.  That is alot for those kids to take on especially growing up.

Yep, if it's your actual blood related sister then it should not be done because there's a higher chance of genetic birth defect..

But also!  If I was a hater and a rapper as well, whoooooooo he just made himself an easy peasy target!! 

Wait, aint Im a rapper too?!?!  And a hater?!?!

Anyways, I wonder how all his musician friends think about him?

Oh wells!!

Depends if they are the ignorant ones or the ones that have enough common sense to see nothing wrong with two non-blood related complete strangers that happen to share the same last name dating...

I've seen critics as well as supporters..

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 02:19:02 AM »
theking

You claim he has common sense.  Where is the common sense to do his research thoroughly, family tree, genetics (like you said), talk around communities about her family roots, etc?  A respectful wise man would cover all his bases right?  A man who truly love his girl would do things thoroughly (family tree, genetic, etc) to protect her and the relationship and stop the bashing.  Exactly it’s too much work and not important. Seems like you over estimated his common sense qualification. Like I said, these people who claim to have fallen in love with the same last name Hmong girl don’t give two cents crap about doing any research completely because it will defeat the purpose of tapping dat azz to begin with especially if the results don’t come back in your liking.  On top of that, a person who does this kind of thing without any dignity and/or stop to think about the repercussions has a disturbing mindset don’t matter how you look at it because that would make a stepmom, stepsister, step-whatever at high risk. Which lead to my conclusion again and again, “I wonder what else goes on behind closed doors” those that think like this.

He better make sure this relationship work out because it would be hard to find a decent good level headed Hmong girl who probably would say, “aren’t you that singer who dated your own same last name”, follow with, “sorry my parents and clan can’t accept that”.  Again, a dumb azz NO COMMON SENSE move to date same last name.  The repercussion KILLED IT.  Don't worry too much tho, although guys who does this might blow their future chances with most level headed Hmong girls, there's still ton of idiots/hoes flooded everywhere.  Since doing a thorough research is not important because the D craving is priority, all hope is not lost yet.  I'm sure they can still end up with winners who had 10+ bf but never married once.  Shhh.......we called these hoes in my time lol.   

Anyways, don’t be the person who travels to another state/country met a hot same last name Hmong girl and bang the lights out of that person thinking it’s okay for “two non related strangers” to make out especially in another far away place.  Later to find out she was your dad’s brother daughter from another state that you didn’t know about.  Like many cases of Hmong dating same last name Hmong, it really has nothing to do with anything but simply the LACK of COMMON SENSE for not doing a thorough research first and being horny af when the opportunity present itself.

Here’s the truth, when someone tells me they are dating the same last name Hmong girl, it automatically tells me that person was in it for the wrong reasons.  Everything else is just another excuse to keep banging her because at the moment the banging is so good.  NONE and I mean NONE of these people give a crap to do any research because nobody wants a REASON to stop tapping that azz.  I see right thru the BS excuses. I use to know someone, who later confessed, it's the banging that got him hooked so the excuses start flying out his mouth.  Years later after the drama and confession he even agree that people who do this is doing it for the wrong reason.  Funny thing was, I wasn't surprise because people who does shady/on the grey area/bad things will always be in denial at the moment and will find excuses to keep hacking away.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:47:59 AM by starchaser1989 »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2019, 09:37:20 AM »
I have to agree with starchaser here.
The only reason why he dating her is becuse he is just horny.

Nobody here is saying it.  Starchaser said it.  I was thinking it as well.

He was just horny and when the opportunity presented itself he just took it. 

Everything else is just an excuse.  He can say he really love her etc etc but deep down inside he just horny.  She is a good looking girl I guess(not my type) and yeah, he just wanted to hit that.  He will never admit it.  He will never say its about the looks and the physical body and her provocativenes s, of course he will say its just love.  But how come he aint hooking with a regular looking yang girl?

Truth is, he just wanted to bang that girl.  He was turned on, got horny for her, she was willing, or maybe she even seduced him, who knows, but in anycase there was an opportunity and he just wanted to bang her and got his chance.  Funny thing is, after sex even some guys catch feelings as it looks like he did and of course mixed with horniness and chance to keep having sex with her, of course he is going to date her. 

Also he rumours on the internet is she is carrying his baby.

Like I said, I feel the worst for the kid growing up and having to hear other kids or grown ups talk about his/her parents in that way.

Theres so many other girls out there, just as pretty, prettier, etc etc.  How you gonna not just control your horniness and just be smart to pass up on the yang girl.  Cmon David yang, just have sex with vangs instead, its almost like a yang, sounds the same, even the y looks like a vang.  That actually could be re worded to be a good diss lyric.😂

Advertisements