Advertisement

Author Topic: Have you reached your full potential?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Have you reached your full potential?
« on: October 21, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
1. Have you reached your full potential?
2. Are you the person that you wished to be?
3. How has life shaped you into or not into the best person that you could be?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:51:31 PM by lilly »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Have you reached your potential?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:54 PM »
No and more no. 

Can not predict the future and got to be grateful for what you have gotten thus far.   You work with what you have.  Could of been worst. 

Even if I become it, it is not me.  I can fake the funk but for how long? 

The difference between a rich guy and a poor guy is that the rich guy got more to play with.  We still both will have to carry our own weight with our problems.  He has more, he will get more problems.  I have less but still a problem. 

Just like being asexual, I have no taste in wanting more.  I take what is given to me like it was written in the stars.  We can't go back and change the course but what we can do is to welcoming the forthcoming future.   

Where it will lead, I do not know and I do not need to know.  I will take whatever it is, bad or good or neutral.  Like I have a choice right? 

The young looks forward for the future.  If you sit there and reflect of the past, it means you are getting old.  The game plan is different for older folks by the way.  I'll let you know when I get there.   :2funny:

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »
Let me answer my own questions.

No.

Not quite there yet.

When I was younger I wanted to be many things.  Someone told me when I was a little girl that I could do anything that I put my mind into.  They believed that I could do great things in life.  Having been told those things I believed I could really be and do anything that I put my mind into.  And what I really wanted to be was a motivational speaker.  But life had other plans for me.  Those other plans led me to becoming a different person than what I had originally desired to be.  Instead of being extroverted, I'm an introvert.  Instead of being quick-witted and sharp and loud when communicating with others, I'm not at the level of public speaking that I want to be at (yet).

Last week I was at a work conference and in one of the sessions that I attended this young lady, who looked to be in her early to late 20's, was the presenter/trainer.  Of all the sessions that I attended at the conference, her session was the most invigorating of them all.  In this amazing lady I saw so much of what I could have been.  She was so quick-witted and so sharp.  It really helps to know your material so you can speak about it with authority and confidence but on top of exuding confidence, she was so well-spoken and pleasant to listen to and so likable.  She was such a great communicator. 

I guess when I imagine myself being my best self, I see myself as being able to speak to a crowd about things that I am passionate about in such as way as to captivate and inspire them... and I don't know that I could ever get to this version of myself given the fact that life shaped my life and wired my brain to go in a different way.  I could always go to toastmasters and improve myself... but I feel like maybe it's a little late in the game for me to try to become like that awesome lady.  I don't think I could be like her... or can I?  Hmm.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »

No.

Not quite there yet.

When I was younger I wanted to be many things.  Someone told me when I was a little girl that I could do anything that I put my mind into.  They believed that I could do great things in life.  Having been told those things I believed I could really be and do anything that I put my mind into.  And what I really wanted to be was a motivational speaker.  But life had other plans for me.  Those other plans led me to becoming a different person than what I had originally desired to be.  Instead of being extroverted, I'm an introvert.  Instead of being quick-witted and sharp and loud when communicating with others, I'm not at the level of public speaking that I want to be at (yet).

Last week I was at a work conference and in one of the sessions that I attended this young lady, who looked to be in her early to late 20's, was the presenter/trainer.  Of all the sessions that I attended at the conference, her session was the most invigorating of them all.  In this amazing lady I saw so much of what I could have been.  She was so quick-witted and so sharp.  It really helps to know your material so you can speak about it with authority and confidence but on top of exuding confidence, she was so well-spoken and pleasant to listen to and so likable.  She was such a great communicator. 

I guess when I imagine myself being my best self, I see myself as being able to speak to a crowd about things that I am passionate about in such as way as to captivate and inspire them... and I don't know that I could ever get to this version of myself given the fact that life shaped my life and wired my brain to go in a different way.  I could always go to toastmasters and improve myself... but I feel like maybe it's a little late in the game for me to try to become like that awesome lady.  I don't think I could be like her... or can I?  Hmm.

you can be one online   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Have you reached your full potential?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 06:01:48 PM »

1. Depends on which area(s)
2. Yes
3. Into

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »

Answers...

1. Money wise. Yes, I don't think I can top my current level. I'm sure I will fall off the highest point of the roller coaster, from their on, there will only be lower points. Reason, I may get bounce around like a prostitute after resigning and may not be able to put much in my piggy bank.

2. No. Hopes and dreams can't be accomplished just by yourself. I'm sure we all need a partner to define us, not how we make ourselves to be.

3. Had always wanted to be like an inventor and tinker like Doc, from the movie, Back to the Future. But being poor and not having the right mentors in life greatly limited my own development. As for best person, I don't know about that but let people find out themselves. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »
1.  Yup. I think this is the highest i will ever go. Don’t want to overwork

2. I always wanted to be a simple man.  A nature guy. Im the best fisherman here on PH.
  Sometimes I gotta tell myself to stop overworking and just call in sick

3.  Don’t need to impress other people. I still drive an old ass chevy car that won’t die.

God did not created man...man created god

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 10:28:05 AM »
you can be one online   :2funny:

Yes, and you can be my audience.   O0   :)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »

1.  No, because I am still developing and growing and mainly because I have far too much to give to the world before I die.
2.  I reached my career goal in college within five years through positive affirmation, and vision mapping (Tony Robbin stuff).  Then I realized that the world is my oyster and...
3.  The world is my still oyster but the ocean currents that surrounds me re torrential, high, and dangerous.  Through it all, my life experiences have shaped me to be resilient, compassionate, generous, and strong.  The world is amazing and full of opportunities still.  To achieve the goals of the next phase of my life, I need to work out on the noises, distractions, bad habits, and interruptions currently in my life.

I am the best person I am today because I am strong, I am positive, I am great, I am loved, I have support, I have family, I have friends and so much more.

For those of us looking to become better, look in the mirror, and speak to yourself with positive affirmation every day.  Create a vision map of your life.  If you want to know more, litter your house with books, so it makes the habit of reading easy.  If you want to be more successful, define your success, and create images or collage of your success and put them in your bedroom, bathroom, fridge, and so forth.  Every reminder, every affirmation, will help you create the best you.

God speed everyone!

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »
Lilly,

You have the spark of life.  Nurture the spark and let it grow into an intense inferno to create your dreams.  I share with you a positive affirmation Christians often do.

Philippians 4:13 New King James Version (NKJV) - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you don't believe in Christ, then replace Christ with love, for Christ is love.

No.

Not quite there yet.

Advertisements