Advertisement

Author Topic: This group enjoys rice in water just as much as some of us Hmong  (Read 621 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Stopped by BCD for dinner...and the rice in water was great!  O0

Here's the rest of the food and it was pretty good too and the service was excellent!!! O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This group enjoys rice in water just as much as some of us Hmong
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 06:15:13 PM »
Yep, I had it before too and it was good.. O0

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
This person thinks rice in water is the 'most delicious' ever  ;D:

How to Eat the Most Delicious Korean Rice Ever! (Stone-pot Rice)

You may have heard of dolsot bibimbap (돌솥 비빔밥). You know, the bibimbap that comes in a stone pot still cooking while it’s on your table. But just dolsot bap (돌솥밥) aka stone pot rice is a different experience. It also comes in a stone pot, but this time with just rice (sometimes with extra beans, dates and other goodies inside). And this rice, most will agree, is tons more delicious than just your regular ol white rice. Plus it’s fun to eat as well as uber delicious!

..the rice is equally the main focus. It’s most delicious when it’s steaming hot. So good that you could probably just eat it by itself. Delicious rice of universe, we swear! But while you’re eating, you’re also waiting for the pot to do some magic inside.

..This somewhat crunchy rice with tea/water is one of the most classic ways to finish up a Korean meal. It really warms the stomach and is definitely a fantastic finishing touch to your Korean meal.

https://seoulistic.com/korean-food/how-to-eat-the-most-delicious-korean-rice-ever-stone-pot-rice/

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »
I grew up eating burnt rice on the bottom of a pot of cooked rice.  Not no more though. 

The texture and flavor of the burnt is like charbroil and the crunchy is like popcorn chips.  It was delicious but I also learned and still subjective is that the burnt anything is carbon and if you eat burnt particles or carbon, you may get cancer. 

Plus eating anything hard will have an effect on your stomach and linings cuz that's hard stuff that your internals will have to digest.  Some disease take years to develop so yeah.  Just wanna make that point. 

Plus my viet people are big with sharing food like hot pot.  Now everyone be licking their chopsticks and dipping into the same bowl of hot pot and so everyone may share the same disease.  Nevermore.   

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 07:23:57 PM »
Same here Duma but only had that in Thailand camp because it’s harder to control the heat when using trigs and sticks to cook rice in a regular pot.

Rice in water? I believe my mom made that for us once and I didn’t like it. She said it’s what poor people do when we didn’t have food to eat. These day I would not have rice in water.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:27:22 PM by ProudLao »

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements