Advertisement

Author Topic: Topics To Avoid On A First Date  (Read 2185 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Topics To Avoid On A First Date
« on: October 30, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
Recently, on several occasions, I heard this talking point on the radio: Topics To Avoid On A First Date.

Based on this article https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/conversation-avoid-successful-first-date/1833702, topics to avoid on a first date are:

1. Your Ex
Never ever talk about how awful your ex was.

This makes you look bad, and you could come across as looking bitter.

2. Money
Never discuss finances. Don't talk about how much or how little you earn.

Talking about money can sound like you're either bragging or stressed. Just don't.

3. Politics
This is too heavy a topic for a first date, and could get very intense.

You don't want to lose a second date due to difference in political opinion.

Just because you feel strongly about certain things, it doesn't mean your date needs to hear about it.

4. Religion
This can be a very personal thing, and could get too heated.

5. Family Background
You may have had a terrible family upbringing. Maybe you had an abusive dad or an alcoholic mom.

Whatever the case, this is simply too much to bring up on a first date. It might end up sounding more like a therapy session.

6. Sexual Experience
Don't talk about how many sexual encounters you've had, or how much you date.

You don't know this person yet, and this is a very personal and private topic.

7. Marriage
Don't talk about how you're ready to have kids and get married. This will scare your date away.

This is something you can talk about only after a significant amount of time has passed.

8. Sex
Don't talk about how the person turns you on, or how much you want to take him or her back home in order to have sex.

It's a turn off, and it just makes you look creepy.

9. Secrets
Don't share your deepest, darkest secrets with someone you've just met: He or she simply hasn't earned your trust yet.

Moreover, this is extremely inappropriate, and will probably not be received well.

10. Work Drama
Gossip is exhausting, and you aren't in high school anymore.

Instead of talking about water cooler gossip or how much you hate your job, talk about your passions and ambitions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
Re: Topics To Avoid On A First Date
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »
I don't agree with #3.  There will not be a 2nd date if I don't know where you stand politically.  :P

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 05:49:54 PM »
Also, I think it's OK to talk about all of those things on the 1st date.  I want to know upfront if I even want a 2nd date with someone, so the more info they can provide on the 1st date the better.   ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 09:40:49 PM »
Recently, on several occasions, I heard this talking point on the radio: Topics To Avoid On A First Date.

Based on this article https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/conversation-avoid-successful-first-date/1833702, topics to avoid on a first date are:

1. Your Ex

This makes you look bad, and you could come across as looking bitter.

2. Money
Never discuss finances. Don't talk about how much or how little you earn.

Talking about money can sound like you're either bragging or stressed. Just don't.

3. Politics
This is too heavy a topic for a first date, and could get very intense.

You don't want to lose a second date due to difference in political opinion.

Just because you feel strongly about certain things, it doesn't mean your date needs to hear about it.

4. Religion
This can be a very personal thing, and could get too heated.

5. Family Background
You may have had a terrible family upbringing. Maybe you had an abusive dad or an alcoholic mom.

Whatever the case, this is simply too much to bring up on a first date. It might end up sounding more like a therapy session.

6. Sexual Experience
Don't talk about how many sexual encounters you've had, or how much you date.

You don't know this person yet, and this is a very personal and private topic.

7. Marriage
Don't talk about how you're ready to have kids and get married. This will scare your date away.

This is something you can talk about only after a significant amount of time has passed.

8. Sex
Don't talk about how the person turns you on, or how much you want to take him or her back home in order to have sex.

It's a turn off, and it just makes you look creepy.

9. Secrets
Don't share your deepest, darkest secrets with someone you've just met: He or she simply hasn't earned your trust yet.

Moreover, this is extremely inappropriate, and will probably not be received well.

10. Work Drama

Instead of talking about water cooler gossip or how much you hate your job, talk about your passions and ambitions.

I'm open to all topics because I'm transparent even on the first date. That way, I set that tone from the start and if she's the right type that is also honest and transparent then there will be a second date. If not, I thank her for her time and wish her a good life and move on to the next girl.

Probably why I have more respect for girls that are honest and straight forward even if her answer is "no" than the mind game playing type..because they are such a time waster.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 03:06:38 AM »
We are ever changing and what might not works in the past may work in the future.  We are living in the future here. 

Here's my simple take.

1. Your Ex
It is ok to talk about your ex however,  you must reference that the new person is a lot better than your ex.  Although they may not believe you but that is ok.  It gives you 5 extra minutes added into the whole date cuz we can run out of things to talk about.

2. Money
It is ok to talk about money.  You can talk about your money or their money and how your views in using that money to pay or go dutch on the date.  Matter of fact, might as well say you make that money so they can spend it all on hookers and blows.  Who wouldn't like that right?

3. Politics
The best politics to talk about are them vague politics.  Instead of saying that you are a donkey or an elephant, just say that you believe this country should be run by a leader.  It doesn't matter who is in office, as long as it doesn't gives you stress.  Just like having a boss.  You do not need to like them but as long as you are getting payed and they leave you alone.  I mean trump doesn't even know of your existence or have called you and so everything is great. 

4. Religion
This topic is a fun topic to talk about.  You can talk about religion without pushing a religion.  If you believe in the anime god, I think hentai anime is sexy as fawk and IF you believe in nothing, I'll go along with it too.  Important thing is that you have something to believe in, even if it is in nothing.  You can make me your god as well. 

5. Family Background
You can talk about your family or how jacked up your family can be.  You can talk about owning a dog and calling your dog as papa.  You can talk about wishing all of your family members are dead.  You can talk about how grateful you are to have a large or small family.  I get it.  Your family may sux but here I am.  Adopt me as your new family member and we can bust an Alabama effing cousin sega or something. 

6. Sexual Experience
This is a fun topic.  We are not at church so try me with your sexual frustration topics.  I can deal with it. 

7. Marriage
We can talk about this topic in general and we can disagree on our views but I too get it.  I'm bi in this stance.  I swing both ways.

8. Sex
Be open about it.  It is no longer a taboo topic.  We are both adults here.

9. Secrets
Up to you if you want to talk about your secrets.  I can help you hide your secrets too but non of that "I killed and hide a dead corpse in my freezer" type of a secret.  I'm ratting you out and sending you over to the police. 

10. Work Drama
We all have them and we all can share the idea of work and why work and who we hate at work.  Fun topic to talk about and if you like, I have the keys to my work.  We can meet there during closing hours to test out my new desk in my office. 

Bottom line is this.  My intention when I go on date is to bomb it but do it in a different way.  If you looking for that perfect date, you are dating the wrong man.  I date you like I don't give an eff and like if I bomb it, I got other dates to bomb by next week.  However, the psychological thing may happen is that some women likes a guy who is different.  So yeah, I'm just different and I'm opened to be stalk, even if I don't like you.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 02:23:18 PM »
Nothing should be avoided IMO.

It's how a person talks about it...positivel y, encouraging, educational... vs...cynical, disparagement, waste of time.

A person is here now based on their past.  A person who will be in the future is based on their visions and goals.

People who I will avoid are.
Those who talk only about having fun.
Those who talk only about having the best wedding.
Those who talk only about being spontaneous as it's the only good thing.
Those who talk only about enjoying the finer things in life.
Those who agree with everything or those who disagree with everything.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
Kuv nyiam number rau thiab yib  8)

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
The topic about size...LOL.  ;D  How big is big?  :-X

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
date??  do people still go on date this day in age?  I thought it's just a meet up for a quickie nowadays.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 03:07:15 PM »
I went out with a girl and she talked about how good her ex was.

But that still gave me a bad impression of—that she wasn’t over him yet. So, I never went out with her again.

1. Your Ex

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »
I remember first year of college, we went to visit these asian girls in the neighboring dorm..

Me: So, how was your highschool like?
Her: OMG! Are you probing me? Seriously, you need to stop probing, it's none of your business.

The end.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 05:09:20 PM »
Me: So, how was your highschool like?

NOT surprised those girls shut you out because using "how was" instead of *what was* your highschool like, didn't make much sense grammatically in that context..

Offline Griffith

• Adult Discussion
  • Respect: +70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 12:09:10 PM »
I've always talk about everything and anything. Dating is all about getting to know one another. Just be yourself and let thing flow. If you score that night in bed with her. Put an X on your notes.
Just incase she gets Preggo and then finds out she's already 3months Preggo. Before you stuff her turkey.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »
One of my relatives tells me a story about his friend. The guy married a girl in Laos. It took him two years to get her over here. He never saw her during those two years. When she got to America, she was 6 months pregnant. She said that was his child.

The man swallowed that in because he didn’t want to put his hot wife down.

I've always talk about everything and anything. Dating is all about getting to know one another. Just be yourself and let thing flow. If you score that night in bed with her. Put an X on your notes.
Just incase she gets Preggo and then finds out she's already 3months Preggo. Before you stuff her turkey.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Griffith

• Adult Discussion
  • Respect: +70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
One of my relatives tells me a story about his friend. The guy married a girl in Laos. It took him two years to get her over here. He never saw her during those two years. When she got to America, she was 6 months pregnant. She said that was his child.

The man swallowed that in because he didn’t want to put his hot wife down.
got dam. Bruh. That's fawk up. She was getting stuff day in and day out durning those 2 years.

Advertisements