Advertisement

Author Topic: After the chaos and armed mob's demand, Popeye  (Read 1224 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
After the chaos and armed mob's demand, Popeye
« on: October 18, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »
...still can't produce their chicken sandwich fast enough based on this photo I took recently or is that a secret strategy that they are brewing for more profit??  ???:

Here are the links to the chaos that chicken sandwich has caused:

"Armed mob storms Houston Popeyes demanding new chicken sandwich"

https://abc7chicago.com/armed-mob-demands-chicken-sandwiches-at-texas-popeyes/5510228/

"Popeyes released a chicken sandwich, and it's causing total chaos at this Phoenix location"

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2019/08/24/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-causing-chaos-phoenix-location/2099812001/

"Man suing Popeyes over chicken sandwich mania"

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/man-suing-popeyes-over-chicken-sandwich-mania/video_ef48527f-66e4-5313-8a8a-749727741569.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: After the chaos and armed mob's demand, Popeye
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:29 PM »
Here's another way to keep it relevant  ;D:

The Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich has inspired a sexy Halloween costume

Sure, you could dress up as a witch or a black cat for Halloween this year. But if you really want to switch things up, you can always go as … a Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich? Yep, it's a thing, thanks to the new "Sold Out Chicken Sandwich Costume" from Yandy.

The $79.95 Yandy costume doesn't mention Popeyes by name — the company probably doesn't want to be sued by the chicken chain — but the reference is pretty clear. Fans across the country tweeted their frustration about not being able to try the Popeyes chicken sandwich when it hit stores in August, as it was frequently sold out. The sandwich disappeared from the Popeyes menu at the end of August, though tantalizing signs in shop windows suggest it could be back eventually.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 09:28:24 PM »
Hopefully Popeye's learned from the first go around  ???:

Hallelujah! Popeyes chicken sandwich is risen

Popeyes to hire 400 employees for November return of chicken sandwich

https://whnt.com/2019/10/25/report-popeyes-to-hire-400-employees-for-november-return-of-chicken-sandwich/

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 05:03:51 PM »
Round two: Let the games and long lines begin  ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 04:32:52 PM »
Here we go again??  ???:

Man fatally stabbed in fight linked to Popeyes chicken sandwich

A man was stabbed to death in Maryland on Monday in a fight linked to a Popeyes chicken sandwich, CBS Baltimore reports. The stabbing happened outside one of the fast food chain's restaurants in Prince George County, police said.

Prince George County Police spokesperson Jennifer Donelan said the fight involved two men who were in line for the release of a new chicken sandwich. It appears one may have cut in line in front of the other, Donelan said.

"We have been able to determine that preliminarily that this is related to the release of the sandwich here at this restaurant," Donelan said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/popeyes-stabbing-chicken-sandwich-maryland-oxon-hill/

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »
Bro, we drove to 2 different locations for their chicken sandwich and they were all sold out. I had to drive between 20 miles of each one...I'm pissed. I want my chicken sandwich!! >:(

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »
I know it's subjective when it comes to taste but report back if you guys ever try it.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »
According these Time's Food and Drink folks, the sandwich lived up to the hype  ???:

We Tried the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich and It Lived Up to the Hype

https://time.com/5717997/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-review/

he instantly-famous Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to make quite a stir out of a humble dish. Partly it is lore: after Popeyes debuted the menu item August, it promptly sold out and inspired a viral, supportive fervor online, exceeding even the most popular of Starbucks seasonal drink releases. (As for other fast food launches of late — Chick-fil-A who?) And partly it is decadence: we generally think of fast food as quick, affordable, greasy and often underwhelming. But this sandwich, while it will be served up quickly and cheaply at just $3.99 a pop, is not at all greasy or underwhelming. You know what you’re getting into with a fried chicken sandwich; there will be a squishy bun, some crunchy, salty fried chicken and hopefully something tangy — pickles or a sauce — to balance out all that umami with a little bit of bite. How Popeyes took that simple combination and turned it into a craze is one of the twists of 2019.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 06:39:57 PM »
It is not per se that it tasted good and what not.

It is more about the "try it" curiosity factor behind it. 

Like the media be talking about it and if you haven't tried it, you are itching to try it just one time to see what the hoopla is all about.  Once it dies down, we are onto the next bigger craze.

like impossible burger.  I tried it at burger kind and at carls jr. 

Can't pay me enough to eat it again.  Hated it but I still love my tofu fried or plain though. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 04:51:54 PM »
This why I said taste can be subjective, Justin Bieber disagrees with the Time.com folks  ;D:

Justin Bieber Says Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is ‘Not Worth the Hype’

Justin Bieber doesn’t appear to love that chicken from Popeyes.

The “Never Say Never” singer, 25, finally tasted the fast-food company’s super-popular (and super sold-out) Popeyes Chicken Sandwich on Thursday night, and revealed to his 121 million followers on Instagram that it didn’t live up to expectations.

“It’s good but it’s not worth the hype,” Bieber said, sharing a video to his Instagram Stories of the sandwich after a few bites.

Bieber had picked up three sandwiches to sample and said, “I gotta see what all this hype is about.”

He continued, “All this hype on the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich, let me see what we got here.”

https://people.com/food/justin-bieber-says-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-is-not-worth-the-hype/

Versus:

We Tried the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich and It Lived Up to the Hype

https://time.com/5717997/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-review/

he instantly-famous Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to make quite a stir out of a humble dish. Partly it is lore: after Popeyes debuted the menu item August, it promptly sold out and inspired a viral, supportive fervor online, exceeding even the most popular of Starbucks seasonal drink releases. (As for other fast food launches of late — Chick-fil-A who?) And partly it is decadence: we generally think of fast food as quick, affordable, greasy and often underwhelming. But this sandwich, while it will be served up quickly and cheaply at just $3.99 a pop, is not at all greasy or underwhelming. You know what you’re getting into with a fried chicken sandwich; there will be a squishy bun, some crunchy, salty fried chicken and hopefully something tangy — pickles or a sauce — to balance out all that umami with a little bit of bite. How Popeyes took that simple combination and turned it into a craze is one of the twists of 2019.

Advertisements