Advertisement

Author Topic: Do you know any Hmong  (Read 167 times)

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +339
    • View Profile
Do you know any Hmong
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:49:05 PM »
lotto winners ... that hit the big jackpot?

If so, where are they now, as far as using that money to make a difference in their lives?
And if you know them personally, did their attitude change towards the common people?

Like this post: 0
"We never have more than we can bear.  The present hour we are always able to endure.  As is our day, so is our strength.  If the trials of many years were gathered into one, they would overwhelm us ... but all is so wisely measured to our strength."  ~*~ H.E. Manning

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know any Hmong
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:54:39 PM »
Some Yang (maybe Lor/Lee?) family won the lotto in NC several years ago. I think they're built a nice house on some land they bought and started a business. Can't remember the specifics.

Some Hmong family won the lottery in one of the cities ending in -ville in MN within the last decade as well. Never heard the specifics on that one.

Truth be told, I'd go into hiding too. I can imagine all the new relatives you suddenly have after winning.

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +339
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know any Hmong
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »
Some Yang (maybe Lor/Lee?) family won the lotto in NC several years ago. I think they're built a nice house on some land they bought and started a business. Can't remember the specifics.

Some Hmong family won the lottery in one of the cities ending in -ville in MN within the last decade as well. Never heard the specifics on that one.

Truth be told, I'd go into hiding too. I can imagine all the new relatives you suddenly have after winning.
Yes, better be humble and stay quiet. 

"We never have more than we can bear.  The present hour we are always able to endure.  As is our day, so is our strength.  If the trials of many years were gathered into one, they would overwhelm us ... but all is so wisely measured to our strength."  ~*~ H.E. Manning

Advertisements