Advertisement

Author Topic: Gotta say, once you have a cheating reputation especially as a pro  (Read 545 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...it'll be hard to build trust again  ??? ...because reputations can take years to build but only seconds to burn it down:

Former Houston pitcher Mike Fiers: Astros stole signs electronically in 2017

Former Houston pitcher Mike Fiers told The Athletic that the Astros stole signs electronically at Minute Maid Park during their World Series-winning 2017 season, adding another inglorious instance to the franchise’s recent run of cheating accusations.

The Astros have begun an investigation in cooperation with Major League Baseball, the club said in a statement on Tuesday. It's unclear if this investigation is independent of the ongoing one involving the firing of former assistant general manager Brandon Taubman.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta say, once you have a cheating reputation especially as a pro
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 10:46:54 PM »
Not a baseball fan but I've always seen the "Bash Brothers" on TV and highlights and thought Canseco and McGuire were good moral dudes until the cheating stuff came about then the respect drops in an instant..

Different sport but a buddy is a really big fan of Lance Armstrong and even bought Lance Armstrong replica stuff like a $10k bicycle and when the cheating stuff came out, it just broke his heart...Sad but almost as if he got betrayed by Lance..

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »
Saw this. It's been around since 2017. I'm glad they lost this year. IF true.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:18:10 AM »
I'm not getting this stealing sign thing.  First and third base coaches make signs all the time and out in public for all to see. 

If you talking about the catcher's sign and with that, someone is watching on the tv to see the sign from camera vantage and wiring them to them players. 

But still though.  Not my fault if you don't hide your sign well.  I'll use whatever "legal" advantage I have to win. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements