Advertisement

Author Topic: Ray Vang's message to SINAKHONE KEODARA  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
Ray Vang's message to SINAKHONE KEODARA
« on: November 14, 2019, 02:26:52 AM »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:49:18 AM by Tajo »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Ray Vang's message to SINAKHONE KEODARA
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 08:31:07 AM »
He's just mad, venting and he should use that energy for positive results.  Yes the Hmong advocates work hard to get CA to passed the legislation to include teaching Hmong History in schools.  Why take his anger out on them?  They have nothing to do w/ CA AB 1393 passage or not.  Hmong and Lao history/cultures are not the same.  Yes, we may have some shared struggles during the Vietnam War and after but our cultures, history are uniquely ours.  I understand he's frustrated.  He wants to see the passage of 1393.   Instead of venting, putting other people down, why not join forces, collaborated, whatever to achieve positive good results.  In this country, USA, We Asians have more in common then differences.  If we come together as a group, more would have been done for us, all of us.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 09:58:11 AM »
Moob and Lao people will never see eye to eye.  I'm being brutality honest here.  Many many older Moob people remember the racially charged fights back in the refugee camps back in Ban Vinai, Ban Nong Khai, etc.  That's a little history for you young people.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
So, why do we care what either Ray or Sinakhone think? I mean, we're all capable of thinking for ourselves. Why taint it by reading explicitly bias thoughts from anyone else?

Sure, there may always be some conflict between these groups considering their "enemies" at that time. But why can't WE ALL just move forward and make it better for everyone?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »
The tail is trying to wag the dog there.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
I have yet to see any Lao successful business owners or advocate.
Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I see that there are more successful Hmong people than Lao people.

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
I have yet to see any Lao successful business owners or advocate.
Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I see that there are more successful Hmong people than Lao people.
Yeah Fancee you're living under the rock ;D ;D ;D ;D  Actually, there are very successful and highly educated Lao people.  Lao or Hmong, we all want the same thing for our family and children and the best way is to work together, support one another. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 12:21:41 PM »
Yeah Fancee you're living under the rock ;D ;D ;D ;D  Actually, there are very successful and highly educated Lao people.  Lao or Hmong, we all want the same thing for our family and children and the best way is to work together, support one another.

Amen to that.

As for Lao advocates, I see many of them on my FB feed. Take it for what it's worth but I see more SE Asian advocates reach out to other SE Asian communities while Hmong advocates tend to concentrate on the Hmong community and often times in denser Hmong populated areas.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »
Sinakhone sounds like an openly ignorant Asian. Do we truly have the power to erase Lao history? He is giving the Hmong too much credit and at the same time, promoting hate for the uneducated and take them back beyond square 1. When the blinds lead the blinds, this is what happened.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »
It shows there that he's a business guy, a ceo of his start up.  So when his business fails or not getting much support from the hmong community, he starting to hate. 

Accusation needs proof in the pudding.   All these opinionated stuff is dogma. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »
It shows there that he's a business guy, a ceo of his start up.  So when his business fails or not getting much support from the hmong community, he starting to hate. 

Sounds like the resume of someone who doesn't have a 9-5, hah!

There's this belief that "I can't have mine if you get yours". Truth be told, there's plenty of pie for everyone to have a piece. The trouble arises when "you don't want anyone else to have a piece". Look at it this way; some restaurants would rather toss perfectly good food into the garbage and landfill, rather than give it to people who want or need it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 03:31:18 PM »

Looked at their website and FB. Sounds about right. LOL.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
So, why do we care what either Ray or Sinakhone think? I mean, we're all capable of thinking for ourselves. Why taint it by reading explicitly bias thoughts from anyone else?

Sure, there may always be some conflict between these groups considering their "enemies" at that time. But why can't WE ALL just move forward and make it better for everyone?

YES!  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »
Moob and Lao people will never see eye to eye.  I'm being brutality honest here.  Many many older Moob people remember the racially charged fights back in the refugee camps back in Ban Vinai, Ban Nong Khai, etc.  That's a little history for you young people.

Not sure about the "will never see eye to eye" part as I have agree and disagree with ProudLao..For example, we see eye to eye when it comes to the Raider but not when it comes to soccer.. ;D

Seriously though it comes down to individual, not the group as there are bad and good apples in every basket. We have some "Lao" in-laws and friends that we've been good with in the past 30 plus years and counting...

Advertisements