Advertisement

Author Topic: Like the biggest 'what if' in pro sport, Bo Jackson, I think this young Samoan's  (Read 375 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..football life is likely done too??  ???:

Bo Jackson and Tua Tagovailoa suffered the same injury. Unfortunately, one wasn’t a pro.

In the immediate aftermath of a visually gut-wrenching injury suffered Saturday by Alabama star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, a comparison was made to how all-around great athlete Bo Jackson’s football career ended: a similar tackle that resulted in a similarly dislocated hip.

Then, a few doctors weighed in and pointed out that it was ultimately a lack of blood flow to Jackson’s injury that damaged his hip so severely that he could no longer electrify a football field. Tagovailoa’s dislocated hip was treated before avascular necrosis, the death of bone tissue because of a lack of blood supply, set in.

But it wasn’t that comparison between the two players that was most important from a broader perspective. Instead, it was a contrast between the two that should have been pointed out.

Tagovailoa suffered his hip dislocation, for which he will undergo surgery Monday, as a college football player. Jackson suffered his hip dislocation, which required surgery, in the NFL.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Tua should recover fully since he’s young and a different position that Bo. His draft stock will slip though.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements