Advertisement

Author Topic: The Hmong shooting in Fresno this past weekend that killed 4  (Read 4769 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: The Hmong shooting in Fresno this past weekend that killed 4
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
I don't think I would attribute the Fresno shooting to a lack of culture and identity.  I would attribute the Fresno shooting to people wanting revenge.  If the shooting was gang related, and it sounds like it was, gang activity is still not a result of lack of culture or identity.  How people get into gangs is a whole other topic.

I want to bring up something. A few individuals are convinced it's revenge or gang related. Why are many condemning the gang task force that was put together (or the police who put the task force together) and the headlines from news websites.

If we celebrate the positives in the community can we not also condone the negatives?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:20:10 PM by lexicon »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 04:23:26 PM »

About GVP.  To be a leader you have to except love and hate equally.  Some of you can't even make your marriage work, you can't even out argue your own kids, you can't even work things out with family, clan members and community.  Most of you will just piss in you pants when having to make life changing decisions that will sacrifice many of your own people for the better good.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure GVP have its bad too, but look what happening to our Hmong communities since he was gone, EXACTLY!  No more comment.

I think it's even worst when GVP was alive in the 90's in regards to this type of crime (Hmong people getting shot at during drive by or killed by bullets)...Also Hmong home invasion rates were higher too if I remembered correctly and in many instances, the invaders were also Hmong..They purposely pick Hmong homes to break in, steal and/or beat/kill the Hmong victims at those homes.

Which is why I think the term, "tsov tsis tom tsov" is ignorant...I mean there are many other groups that way out number Hmong people so why pick on your own group...

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »
Ignorance is bliss...sheesh .

Don't romanticize everything people.

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »
I want to bring up something. A few individuals are convinced it's revenge or gang related. Why are many condemning the gang task force that was put together (or the police who put the task force together) and the headlines from news websites.

If we celebrate the positives in the community can we not also condone the negatives?

I’m convinced there were people in that house who knows exactly who did the shooting.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »
I’m convinced there were people in that house who knows exactly who did the shooting.
its also a possibility they shot up the wrong house

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »
its also a possibility they shot up the wrong house

No, I’m pretty certain that possibility is zero.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »

I think a gang task force is a good idea if the shooting was 'gang related'.  I don't know why people would be condemning the task force--it is meant to do good, not bad.  We should be for it and not against it.

The word 'gang', though, makes me ask, "What causes the formation of gangs in the first place?"  If we can answer this question, I think it might lead us to figuring out how to solve the gang problem.  Just on intuition, my answer for ‘what causes the formation of gangs in the first place' is, poverty and greed.

Anyway, while they are at it with the gang task force, I hope they address the issue of gangs of different levels.  For example, there is a gang called The 2% who are trying to gain more and more territory (aka money) over The 98%, and they don't seem like they will be satisfied until they are the only gang left standing.

There are smaller gangs that consist of members who are around the poverty line who fight with each other to survive but the overall damage these gangs cause is not at the magnitude of the gang of The 2%.  The goal for all task forces should be to "remove poverty and greed"--this would solve the problem of all gangs, I think.  I think to remove poverty and greed, task forces need to first look at the gang of The 2%.  This gang is hurting everyone because they are greedy as heck and they control a lot of territories (for example, they control pharmaceutical s, big corporations, hedge funds, and a huge share of the money in the economy) and they send their debt-collectors (aka corrupt politicians) to collect from the citizens (The 98%) by way of policies that result in high taxes for the 98%, huge prescription costs, etc.  When the 98% can't keep up with the crazy payments that are demanded of them by the gang of The 2%, many fall within the poverty line.  When around the poverty line, people fight for survival (they need to feed their families).  How do many people survive when they are around or below the poverty line?  They form their own gangs. 

So you see, the source of gang problems is the mother of all gangs, the gang of The 2%.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 10:29:16 PM »
Any updates?

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »
Any updates?
police are keeping it on the low down they dont wanna give out to much info, no arrest has been made yet but they have a few suspect in mind, it be kinda tough to make a arrest without hard evidence, there only chance now is to hopefully the neighborhood has surveillance videos

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »

The political left in the Hmong community is more concerned about their reputation than solving the issues that plague said communities. This is like liberal blacks who ignore the biggest threats in their communities (fatherless homes, gang violence, black on black crimes) because it would take away influence, money, and power from their activism and anti-white messaging.

Notice how in the interview the Hmong politician/activist was concerned about it? Of course he is. His whole campaign is built around an anti-white message. He isn't interested in finding resolutions for his community. He's interested in winning by race-baiting because this strategy has worked for many.

Again, conservative Hmongs have a harder time winning elections. Their message isn't anti-white enough for the Hmong because the Hmong are easily exploited like blacks. The Hmong could go on for years with few to none discrimination incidents with whites but suddenly you mention it and they go ape-shit like it just happened to them, their mom, their children, etc. At the same time, white people have also been the race that has helped the Hmong the most compared to every other race out there.

The Hmong can talk shit all day long about blacks but they will never vote against blacks or to lower black crimes, thug behavior, etc.

Why? Because the Hmong are the niggas in the Asian race. That is just a fact. They ain't trying to vote against themselves. No wonder the majority of them are Democrat voters. It's not even an option for many of them.

If the Hmong are smart, they will denounce any Leftist politician from exploiting this incident by making it about gun violence. Wait until all the evidence has come in. Because if it turns out that the shooter is Hmong or someone seeking revenge after an altercation, it will make them look really dumb and also invite those on the right to comment. And can you blame the right?

It will be like the Jussie Smollet case. You can't make claims of hate violence by MAGA supporters and then act like it's not a big deal after it was revealed that it was all a hoax. Jussie and the leftist media deserves every nasty, hateful, comment from the right.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +379
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 02:37:55 PM »
I don't think I would attribute the Fresno shooting to a lack of culture and identity.  I would attribute the Fresno shooting to people wanting revenge.  If the shooting was gang related, and it sounds like it was, gang activity is still not a result of lack of culture or identity.  How people get into gangs is a whole other topic.

Lol good point there. Gang violence in the Hmong community has nothing to do with disrespecting to our culture. Those millennial wanna-be gangsters got influenced by Michael Jackson's "Beat It" music video back in the 80s. The root of this problem is too much pride of their own ego. In fact gangsters behave like qaib Thaib, pecking order (bully the weak, only the strong prevail).  ;D : :D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 03:39:49 PM »
Daniel Kahneman came up with a theory called the Prospect Theory.  It states that people magnify bad news more than they magnify good news.  Given we live in a social media society, this negativity is magnified in accordance with the network effect as defined by Metcalfe's Law.  What does this mean?  The world is not as bad as you think it is.  You are simply living in a world of negative feedback loop echo chamber.  If you are feeling negative about Hmong, stop watching the news and social media and start talking to people.  Your perspective will change.

To balance the view, we now have state senators, circuit judges, doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, Ph.D., etc...  The Hmong are becoming influential.  Our culture is beautiful and it resonates that in China we have the Hmong Goddess Statue now.  200 years ago, the Hans were looking to exterminate us because we against the Emperor and refused to pay taxes.  Our people were slaughtered.  Today, we are thriving.

All things are relative...Lif e is beautiful when looked through the atrocities of history.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:42:04 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »
5 good to 1 bad is the relationship.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2019, 04:44:22 PM »
Daniel Kahneman came up with a theory called the Prospect Theory.  It states that people magnify bad news more than they magnify good news.  Given we live in a social media society, this negativity is magnified in accordance with the network effect as defined by Metcalfe's Law.  What does this mean?  The world is not as bad as you think it is.  You are simply living in a world of negative feedback loop echo chamber.  If you are feeling negative about Hmong, stop watching the news and social media and start talking to people.  Your perspective will change.

To balance the view, we now have state senators, circuit judges, doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, Ph.D., etc...  The Hmong are becoming influential.  Our culture is beautiful and it resonates that in China we have the Hmong Goddess Statue now.  200 years ago, the Hans were looking to exterminate us because we against the Emperor and refused to pay taxes.  Our people were slaughtered.  Today, we are thriving.

All things are relative...Lif e is beautiful when looked through the atrocities of history.

You mean racism isn't the biggest threat against Hmong Americans? White people aren't looking out to oppress the Hmong in America?

Wow, could've fooled me. According to Hmong liberals we only have 12 years to live due to climate change and it's worse when you're Hmong because the Alt-right is lurking at every corner.

It's even worse for YAX. His state of California is facing all sorts of nasty issues allegedly created by the lone Republican at city hall. And boy, don't get me started on gun control. YAX just can't feel safe in his own house unless Jim, the redneck in Kentucky who lives remotely on 30 acres of land, gets rid of his gun. Jim doesn't need to protect himself from predatory animals. YAX's feelings are more important.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 10:33:14 AM »
So, MBS. I guess getting the Gang Task Force involved wasn't a bad ideal to begin with.

Would the same community leaders who condemned the police's efforts come out and condone the gang violence?

Advertisements