Advertisement

Author Topic: This hmong girl felt entitled.... brenda xiong  (Read 1357 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
This hmong girl felt entitled.... brenda xiong
« on: November 21, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
I wonder why she felt like she is not asian enough.  I mean I can even see that hmong fobbish in her.  She can live the suite life of the zach and white but she can not deny that her facial is still the facial of the hmong. 

Please don't ask me what the face of the hmong looks like.  I'm not telling.   :2funny:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/entertainment/jon-chu-brenda-song-asian/index.html

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: This hmong girl felt entitled.... brenda xiong
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:58:27 AM »
Brenda Song has too much of a bubbly-teen face. She's cute but her look gives off vibes of "plees plees". Not really fitting of the lead role in "Crazy, Rich Asians." And I don't think Song is big movie screen lead material.

She's like that black actor Mario Van Peebles. Pretty good-looking black dude who has the height and the build. On paper he should already be a big time movie action hero but somehow never resonated with the audience to get the same fame as Will Smith. Who was part of Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff or whatever their duo was. Before Smith became big time, if you compared him to Van Peebles you'd think Van Peebles should be the star.

Like this post: +1

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
I think she doesn't have the right look for a lead role.  She's more suitable for a teen movie.
In her last movie, 'Secret Obsession' (on Netflix), her acting was terrible, cringe worthy.

Like this post: +1
I made you read this.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 12:13:20 AM »
Constance Wu gives off "mom" vibes. She is too homely. I don't know if it's because she's the mom in "Fresh Off the Boat" or what. I just don't believe Harry Golding would ever fall in love with her. Maybe Jamie Chung?

Jamie Chung is definitely the American girl that his mom would've hated. But not too homely like Wu or bubbly like Song. And her looks make it believable that Harry Golding would be attracted to her and fall in love with her.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:14:38 AM »
When Brenda Song acts, you know it's acting. Sorry, but she just isn't very good. Maybe it's the roles.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:08:08 PM »
If only Zhang Ziyi or Michelle (that chick that starred in "Bodyguard from Shanghai", not that Miss Malaysia chick) could speak English.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements