Advertisement

Author Topic: Brenda Song is not Hmong/Asian enough even in the eyes of other Asians  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Re: Brenda Song is not Hmong/Asian enough even in the eyes of other Asians
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 01:06:41 AM »
Does not surprised me, even among Asians there are discrimination . Never mind the other Asian communities, our community is corrupted. If we had a country, our citizens would be crossing the borders like the Latino coming here. Makes me ponder why the Canadian are not in drove like the people south of the border to get here.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »
I guess in the entertainment biz, any press is good press. I've seen her story in all sorts of news entertainment outlets. Even us lowly Hmong people who are far distanced from Hollywood are talking about it. She may not have gotten a chance to audition for that movie but it's all part of the game and she's been in that business long enough to know that so playing the victim seems like a passive aggressive attempt at gaining traction among those who are often marginalized in the movie business. By the way, Doua Moua commented and said he was told he couldn't audition for the movie either but you didn't see him complaining about it. He auditioned for other parts and got a role in Disney's Mu-freaking-lan. I'm not looking for Brenda to be part of the Hmong community nor care if she is involved but I do think she needs to stop playing the victim OR find a better agent who can help her land better parts than that awful Netflix movie Secret Obsession.

You play in Hollywood, you live by their rules.

She would benefit from adding a bit more to her acting repertoire; theatre, indies and definitely move away from roles all too similar to the ones she's played before.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »
Does not surprised me, even among Asians there are discrimination . Never mind the other Asian communities, our community is corrupted. If we had a country, our citizens would be crossing the borders like the Latino coming here. Makes me ponder why the Canadian are not in drove like the people south of the border to get here.

I wouldn't call it discrimination exactly. It's more similar to the likes of Robert Pattinson taking on the role of the new Bruce Wayne in the new Batman movie(s). We'll never know how Brenda could've faired in CRA's but what's done is done. And again, would she be this vocal had the movie bombed? I would say no.

Advertisements