Advertisement

Author Topic: 1920-2020 and Beyond  (Read 1212 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
1920-2020 and Beyond
« on: November 25, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
Imagine being alive and experiencing all the changes within the last 100 years or so. You're 80 years old now, and you were around for WW2. When you were born you knew individuals who fought in the Civil War.

I can't wrap my mind around it. Makes me feel small.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: 1920-2020 and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
If you're Hmong, the Civil War and WWII probably didn't affect you much since you were too busy farming the Mountian tops of Laos.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »
It’s fascinating at this moment and the next. Imagine a super microscope zooming in on something to atom’s level and now zooming out. The atom keeps getting smaller and smaller. Eventually, the earth gets as small the atom, then it’s the solar system and it disappeared and only our sun is visible. Our sun gets as small as the atom and eventually disappears because billions of other suns in our galaxy are much bigger and brighter. Our galaxy is zoomed out so far that you can see there are a thousand of galaxies in the Virgo Supercluster. Zooming out even farther, there are billions of these super clusters. Keep zooming further away where these billions of super clusters are now the size of an atom, you see that there are billions of these atom size super super clusters. And that is just the observable part from our earth to the edge of this universe. What if there are trillions of these universes like stars in the sky? We are so small in the observable universe even smaller among these trillions of universes.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 01:34:05 PM »
If you're Hmong, the Civil War and WWII probably didn't affect you much since you were too busy farming the Mountian tops of Laos.

I guess for the sake of context, imagine yourself in the United States during this time period.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 01:38:56 PM »
It’s fascinating at this moment and the next. Imagine a super microscope zooming in on something to atom’s level and now zooming out. The atom keeps getting smaller and smaller. Eventually, the earth gets as small the atom, then it’s the solar system and it disappeared and only our sun is visible. Our sun gets as small as the atom and eventually disappears because billions of other suns in our galaxy are much bigger and brighter. Our galaxy is zoomed out so far that you can see there are a thousand of galaxies in the Virgo Supercluster. Zooming out even farther, there are billions of these super clusters. Keep zooming further away where these billions of super clusters are now the size of an atom, you see that there are billions of these atom size super super clusters. And that is just the observable part from our earth to the edge of this universe. What if there are trillions of these universes like stars in the sky? We are so small in the observable universe even smaller among these trillions of universes.

The Hubble Telescope was a giant step. Scientists are still processing data from awhile back and will continue to do so as the successor will not launch until 2021.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 10:17:05 PM »
This is why older folks tend to be conservative and least likely to believe syndicated news shows, like CNN, since they've been through all the B.S.

I'm nowhere near 80 years old and even I can remember all the climate change hoaxes from yesteryear. But it wasn't called climate change then. I remember how businesses got rid of paper products (like straws) because it was killing the Amazon forest. Now they want to revert back to paper straws and silicone or metal even though such things were supposedly dangerous, too. Then there was also a call to ban Aquanet in order to save the ozone layer. I remember celebrities talking about a cure for AIDS and that homosexuals should not have to conform to heterosexual expectations like marriage or joining the military. It was casual sex, sex, sex!!!!!!!!!!

Once I saw how fake the mainstream media was, I just can't unsee it.

I basically just watch local news, which is still doing real journalism and reporting just the facts.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »
Life is too short. And RIP to all the ones that has come and gone before me. Ever since I was a kid I have always looked up to the night sky and wonder what else is out there for humanity, are we alone? if so, why are we alone? 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 03:14:10 AM »
My grandfather was born in 1912. 

I tried to remember what he was doing or how his life in vn was like when so and so happening in the world news and during such time. 

He lived through it and have seen through it.  Would I want to be born during such times and be dead by now?  Hell effing no. 

It would mean I would miss out tomorrow's news.  If you ask them if they would like to be born a little later so they can see and witness that trump, cot dayam trump will be a president of the united state, they would take that chance.  Not that trump is great and all but more of a laughter if I tell them that when my grandpa was still alive. 

Here is a picture of the 50s.  You telling me that you would like to be in your 20s and enjoying this and beyond?  It would mean that you would be old or dead by now.  Eff that. 

If you are in your 30s, 40s to even 50s, you were born in one of the best era of history.  Your picture book if comparable to later generations will be just as cool as your kid's and their kid's picture book.  The only difference is advance in technology aka color prints   :2funny:

Other than that, good chances that your grandkids will still listen to junk rap music. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »
Leftists are simply clueless and they continue to be.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

To this day Leftists really can't accept that they're the reason Trump got elected.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

If they continue on this path, I would re-elect Trump 10x more!

Nothing is more satisfying than to see a full blown Leftist meltdown.

If Trump doesn't win 2020, I won't even worry about it because I'm sure the Left will find a way to eat themselves.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Many New Yorkers already protesting Cuomo for getting outsmarted by a bartender rookie AOC for losing Amazon deal.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

The more that the Left gets their way, the more they start to see the differences in their party and voters. And being evil, vindictive a.ssholes as they are, man, they don't show mercy to each other at all. 

What a great show for us conservatives to watch.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
Leftists are simply clueless and they continue to be.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

To this day Leftists really can't accept that they're the reason Trump got elected.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

If they continue on this path, I would re-elect Trump 10x more!

Nothing is more satisfying than to see a full blown Leftist meltdown.

If Trump doesn't win 2020, I won't even worry about it because I'm sure the Left will find a way to eat themselves.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Many New Yorkers already protesting Cuomo for getting outsmarted by a bartender rookie AOC for losing Amazon deal.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

The more that the Left gets their way, the more they start to see the differences in their party and voters. And being evil, vindictive a.ssholes as they are, man, they don't show mercy to each other at all. 

What a great show for us conservatives to watch.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Yo, stop contaminating this thread with political rhetoric.

Advertisements