Advertisement

Author Topic: When your standards are too high  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
When your standards are too high
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
Now I finally know why theres a lot of single women out there who won't settle and refuse the get married. Thats bc their standards are high and it should always be that way!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: When your standards are too high
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
Wait, isn't the grass always greener on the other side?  :2funny: standard

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:01:07 PM »
True.

Years ago, a lady told me her daughter picked another guy over me and another guy just because the guy she picked had two full years of college already. I had only a BA and the other failed guy got only an MA.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:53:07 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »
True.

Years ago, a lady told me her daughter picked another guy over me and another guy just because the guy she picked had two full years of college already. I had only a BA and the other failed guy got only an MA.

Don't tell me she's a pretty gal, right? Have you ever heard this phrase before, "even the prettiest girl has the ugliest personality to spend the rest of your life with?"  ???

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
I think it depends where you are in life and what you’re looking for in the other person.  Some preferences/standards can be overlooked, while others can’t.   ;D

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 02:40:54 PM »
women should always set high standards, but play easy to get!  they can get any man they want, from high to low!

Have standards but know yourself, as well.   ;D

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »
She's pretty. Got all three of us visiting frequently.

I agree with you on the "ugliest personality" analysis.

Don't tell me she's a pretty gal, right? Have you ever heard this phrase before, "even the prettiest girl has the ugliest personality to spend the rest of your life with?"  ???

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 05:38:28 PM »

women should always set high standards, but play easy to get!  they can get any man they want, from high to low!

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »
Your expectation should go down with age. 

At my age, I bump ugly when no one is looking  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 11:19:32 PM »
Women have too much load of options thanks to social media. Even the most unattractive (inside or out. Or both) woman thinks shes all that.

Anyway, a high value male don’t chase women. Become the man she wants and she'll follow.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 04:41:44 PM »
I think it depends where you are in life and what you’re looking for in the other person.  Some preferences/standards can be overlooked, while others can’t.   ;D

+1.  Hehehe.  That's so true.  Standards change as we age.  My standards when I was younger were: is he a guy, is he good looking, is he nice?  That was it. ;D  Then as I got older and smarter and wiser, my standards went from those things to a lot more, and requiring him to: not be lazy, be ambitious, be a good father, be a good provider, be a good partner, be smart and intelligent, be able to make my heart skip a beat when I look at him, be loving/caring/kind, be a good kisser, be non-smelly, have same religious and political views, have same interests/same values/same goals, etc.  Oh, he doesn't need to be super good looking anymore either.  Just as long as he is clean and I want to kiss him nonstop.   :D

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:19:06 PM by lilly »

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 04:45:57 PM »
Women have too much load of options thanks to social media. Even the most unattractive (inside or out. Or both) woman thinks shes all that.

Anyway, a high value male don’t chase women. Become the man she wants and she'll follow.

I disagree.  A high value man still needs to chase a high value woman.  If he doesn't chase, the high value woman will say bye bye.  The high value woman also needs to show interest and stop playing hard to get.  She needs to know what she wants and when she sees a high value man, she needs to tell that guy that she wants him.  If they acknowledge value in each other and chase each other equally, then match made in heaven. :)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
I disagree.  A high value man still needs to chase a high value woman.  If he doesn't chase, the high value woman will say bye bye.  The high value woman also needs to show interest and stop playing hard to get.  She needs to know what she wants and when she sees a high value man, she needs to tell that guy that she wants him.  If they acknowledge value in each other and chase each other equally, then match made in heaven. :)

Actually, this really depends on how dominant the man is in the relationship. If the man's frame or reality is the stronger one, and the woman respects him/is attracted to him, then she will definitely change to be more in line with whatever he brings out in her. In other words, he will lead and she will follow.

In a case such as this, usually the dominate one will lead and lesser one does the chase.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »
Actually, this really depends on how dominant the man is in the relationship. If the man's frame or reality is the stronger one, and the woman respects him/is attracted to him, then she will definitely change to be more in line with whatever he brings out in her. In other words, he will lead and she will follow.

In a case such as this, usually the dominate one will lead and lesser one does the chase.

OK.  I agree.  The chasing may not be super obvious but yes, sometimes one partner chases the other more and it can go back and forth with the one that was being chased doing the chasing sometimes. :)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 07:10:49 PM »
OK.  I agree.  The chasing may not be super obvious but yes, sometimes one partner chases the other more and it can go back and forth with the one that was being chased doing the chasing sometimes. :)

If they both know game to a certain extent, then the one who is more dominant or good at their game can make the other chase.

My coach gf told me that when she met him, he tried game on her. He said she was like a wild card because she did everything right, but she also impressed him. Once he knew her better, her past, her knowledge of game. He put it away and they had a more interesting start of their relationship.

Game can only go so far, and there’s no method to get someone to like you if they aren’t attracted. Sure game is there to help start something but, for a full blown relationship you need connections, understanding and all the must stuff that comes along with a relationship.

Like this post: +2

Advertisements