Advertisement

Author Topic: Some kids I don't even know hated me back in the early 80's because of this  (Read 3854 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Some kids I don't even know hated me back in the early 80's because of this
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
Didn't have to say where it was placed.  I was there in the 80's when the first arcade opened up across the street from my house.  I watched them test it with the door opened.  There was a latch that the coin hits when it goes through to give credit for the quarter.  The latch closes behind the coin so you couldn't pull it back.  Which means anyone who says they were able to use strings to get their quarter back was LYING.

But before the arcade video operators found out about that flaw in the late 80's, people were able to "use strings to get their quarter back" for years starting from the early 80's and you even posted this quote to back up that fact:

Later in the 1980s, when video game arcade operators realized that people were doing this, manufacturers started putting a string cutter into the coin mechanism

Therefore, you're the one that's "LYING"...if you claimed people couldn't do that until the flaw was discovered "later in the 1980s"... :idiot2: ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 05:01:54 PM »

So for theking sake, it DEPENDS   :2funny:

I don't think his narrow minded ignorant behavior can't allow him to see other variables...I mean you made him poop in his pants and now the quote he posted actually backed up my point that the coin string trick did happened so his "lies" and ignorance are blowing up in his face left and right. This is the quote he posted so going by that quote, if people weren't able to use the coin string trick to steal credits, why would arcade game manufacturers need to find a way to prevent it  :idiot2: ;D:

Later in the 1980s, when video game arcade operators realized that people were doing this, manufacturers started putting a string cutter into the coin mechanism

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 01:33:57 PM »
But before the arcade video operators found out about that flaw in the late 80's, people were able to "use strings to get their quarter back" for years starting from the early 80's and you even posted this quote to back up that fact:

Therefore, you're the one that's "LYING"...if you claimed people couldn't do that until the flaw was discovered "later in the 1980s"... :idiot2: ;D
Go back and see when your game was released.  Then realize your lies don't hold up to factchecking.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2019, 04:06:20 PM »
Go back and see when your game was released.  Then realize your lies don't hold up to factchecking.

RUAM as usual by continuing to repeat his heaving foaming EPIC FAIL ignorant cycle but NOT surprised to see his points blow up in his face time and time again...I mean he can't even abide by his words, "ignore" after I made him cry so NOTHING new... ;D:

Galaga is a 1981 fixed shooter arcade game developed and published by Namco. In North America, it was released by Midway Games. Controlling a starship, the player is tasked with destroying the Galaga forces in each stage while avoiding enemies and projectiles,

I know the "LYING" YAK won't comprehend what the year "1981" is but it's part of the ***early*** 80s..Which also back up the facts that I presented... ;D O0

Advertisements