General Category > Funeral Rituals & Customs

Funeral for divorcee

(1/3) > >>

Kuvtsispaub:
Hi all,
I want to present a rising issue for us Hmong in the 21st century that still follows the old tradition. There has been many cases of husband and wife divorcing. Now when that happens, I understand that if something was to happen to the husband, he’ll be taken care of by his family. But what about wife? If something was to happen to her, who will take care of her funeral? I’d like to poke peoples’ brain about this topic.

hmgROCK:

--- Quote from: Kuvtsispaub on December 16, 2019, 11:40:47 AM ---Hi all,
I want to present a rising issue for us Hmong in the 21st century that still follows the old tradition. There has been many cases of husband and wife divorcing. Now when that happens, I understand that if something was to happen to the husband, he’ll be taken care of by his family. But what about wife? If something was to happen to her, who will take care of her funeral? I’d like to poke peoples’ brain about this topic.

--- End quote ---

Hey

I’ve been to many hmong funerals
Since you are asking
Here in the 21st century

Its the kids if they have any

That’s why it’s really important you have life insurance

You can pick whatever side you want to help with the funeral

hmgROCK:
When shyt hits the fan
Its your family
The kids

Your kids can decide if they wannna do shaman, church, or cremation

I been to one day funeral
And 3-4 days funeral
Some even a week long

Just depends on your budge

Kuvtsispaub:
I can see cremation and possibly church as an option. But if it was a Shaman funeral, wouldn’t you need help from both sides? Also if it’s shaman, how does the cuag tsav work? I thought they only send the diseased to be with the father’s ancestors.

hmgROCK:

--- Quote from: Kuvtsispaub on December 16, 2019, 04:37:21 PM ---I can see cremation and possibly church as an option. But if it was a Shaman funeral, wouldn’t you need help from both sides? Also if it’s shaman, how does the cuag tsav work? I thought they only send the diseased to be with the father’s ancestors.

--- End quote ---

Again

In the old fashion way
Its the kid that bury their parents
Same rules still apply 21st century

Can get help from both side
Friend, family, relatives, anyone

It vary a lot due to budget these days

You might or might not get to all those song
If its one day
They just chose a couple song to play and say

TRUST ME