Advertisement

Author Topic: Asians over fishing? Really?? Good luck with the 10-year ban on fishing activity  (Read 544 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ;):

Giant Chinese paddlefish declared extinct by scientists after surviving for nearly 150 million years

Named after its distinctive shape, experts believe the giant Chinese paddlefish has been wiped out because it could not survive over-fishing, habitat fragmentation and loss of biodiversity.

Pan Wenjing, a forest and oceans manager for Greenpeace East Asia, commented: “The extinction of the paddlefish is a huge loss and reflects the critical status of the Yangtze River ecosystem. The ecology of the Yangtze River is close to collapse due to human activity in past decades.

“China has launched its campaign trying to recover the Yangtze River’s environment, and some ambitious policies have been introduced, such as the 10-year ban on fishing activity.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
They can introduce the north American version of this species.  Although might not be the same but at least an introduction and help introduce a version of the species and more food for the locals to harvest. 

you know how them rednecks be catching this fish?  By snagging which is perfectly legal in their redneck area of the woods. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9LbtUN98A

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
That could work. I don't think the "10-year fishing ban policy" is going to fly with the locals since most fish for needs ...unlike in America where many fish for fun...

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Yes, definitely.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
That's a rather ignorant statement to be made. China has one of the most pronounced conservation programs going on as we speak. I'm not surprised you would make this kind of a statement....

Your words, not mine.
v
v
v
v

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the bump one-idiot, yep same idiot that wrongly accused the 'mods and admins' of having "favorites" then realized how wrong he was so he tried to kiss their asses after the fact. ;D ;D ;D

Yep, also same idiot that I made cried mommy the hardest so the ran to the 'mods and admins' and cried his heart out about how "unfair" life is because he didn't get the "last word"..(IF YOU WANT THE ORIGINAL POST OF HIS CRIES, PM ME BECAUSE IF I POST IT HERE, HE'LL RUN TO THE 'mods and admins' AND WASTE THEIR TIMES AGAIN):

"Admins and Mods, I think it's unfair how a locked thread is still visible to all" (BOO HOO). "I think it should be removed" (BOO HOO). "It pains me to know and see that while the other party has the last word, all I can do is read what he/she has to say and can't respond" (BOO HOO HOO). "Please take into consideration what I have said because not being able to respond and have the last word really drives me nuts" (BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO....)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Funny as FK seeing a supposedly grown man throwing that kind of baby behavior and tantrums so if anyone wants to see the original version, PM me. I can post it for all to see but the "one" and only "idiot" will just run to the "mods and admins" and cry them a river about how "unfair" life is again... ;D O0

Advertisements