Advertisement

Author Topic: A week in China  (Read 902 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
A week in China
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:11:38 PM »
..I'm sure the Chinese can build a 1000 bed hospital in a week or less in China, just hope there's no strong earthquake in the area to knock it down:

Wuhan, China, is scrambling to build a hospital in just 6 days to treat coronavirus patients as its health system gets overwhelmed

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A week in China
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 04:10:15 PM »
China Admits Building Flaws in Quake.

BEIJING — A Chinese government committee said Thursday that a rush to build schools during the country's recent economic boom might have led to shoddy construction that resulted in the deaths of thousands of students during a devastating earthquake in May.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »
Hopefully, it does not spread like wild fires here. I know people who are coming back from China today.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »
What we are dealing with are germs that can mutate and cross the barrier of the forbidden.  Like the evolution of a germ species and we have no known cure for it. 

This is how the world may end. 

I have weak lungs in my family which kills them smokers OG in my family.  I don't smoke for that reason and I am protecting myself from this respiratory affecting disease. 

Not being racist but for the time being until we get a downgrade for the level alerts, I'm staying away from them chinese.  I'll eat chinese food cook by mexicans.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »
China half-builds coronavirus hospital in four days as death toll passes 100 and Germany confirms first case

A new hospital in China to combat the coronavirus is taking shape after just four days, as the fourth case of the virus was confirmed in Europe. ... It will be named Huoshenshan, meaning Fire God Mountain Hospital. It is expected to take its first patients on February 3

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:15:58 PM »
China built a hospital in 10 days to battle coronavirus

Patients arrived Monday at Wuhan's Huoshenshan Hospital, the 1,000-bed treatment center constructed in 10 days as China battles the deadly coronavirus outbreak spreading around the world.

State media reported that the first patients arrived at 10 a.m., but there were no details on their conditions.

A crew of 7,000 people scrambled to build the hospital seemingly overnight, and it will be staffed with 1,400 doctors, nurses and other personnel from the People’s Liberation Army.

The 600,000-square foot hospital has 30 intensive care units and is about half isolation wards, government newspaper Yangtze Daily reported. A second hospital with 1,500 beds is also due to open this week.

Advertisements